Korres Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer

3.0

Water Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hamamelis Virginiana Flower Water, Cetiaryl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12. Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Cellulose Gum, Lactic Acid, Tocopheral, Sodium Phytate, Maltodextrin, Punica Granatum Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica

on 2/12/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Based on reviews, this product is going to be a hit or miss! Luckily for me it was a hit! I've been using this primer for 2+ months ( dec- feb ) with dewy to semi-matte finish foundations from Nars, lancome and cover girl. It performs well under all so far.

A little about my skin: I have sensitive dry skin, I can sometimes get an oily nose, but thats about it. I have the type of skin that I have to immediately moisturize after cleansing or my skin feels super tight. Before this primer, I would usually have to do my foundation pretty soon after I moisturized or spray myself with fix +.

Pros: No Silicone! My skin clogs up pretty bad with silicone primers and they don't tend to do much either. This one is more natural and gentle for sensitive skin. This primer gives me a smooth "plump" canvas to work with. My skin used to dry up during the day under my foundation, not anymore with this. The little oil I do have only leaks through after 8 hours of wear, and the foundation stills looks good when I blot. My foundation has lasted as long as 12-16 hours with this on, but powder is needed to achieve that.

Cons: Doesn't work for everyone. Does not mattify, If anything promotes a satin, natural finish. No silicone, if thats something you like.

I recommend definitely getting a sample before buying, I did and it lasted me a month off the bat. I'm happy with this primer, and I see no reason to keep shopping for new ones. I will repurchase.

on 8/14/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love how this product feels in a way. It is very light and fresh feeling although I normally prefer the Silicone feeling primers. I also love that it is a more natural primer when it comes to ingredients. Other than that this primer was a complete dissapointment. First off some people claim because it has a skin tone color to it that it gives slight coverage. Absolutely not true for me! The scent is strong and unpleasant so if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to scents i would stay away from this product. I do not have sensitive skin and I normally prefer scented products but I hated the smell of this product. I did not feel this primer did anything for my skin. It did not put a barier between any skin issues and my foundation and the biggest dissapointment is I was oily within one hour of application! It was as if I was wearing no primer/mattifying product at all. I have oily skin but I almost feel like this product made me more oily! I have used half of the tube with many different application techniques as well as different foundations all with the same result. Please don't buy this product if you have extremely oily skin it would be a waste of 30+ Dollars!

on 7/17/2014 10:05:00 PM

I originally got this product as a sample, as soon as I ran out and went and got more. My T-zone gets very oily especially during the hot summer months here in Hawaii. It layers well under my foundation and goes on smoothly. It keeps my "shiny" zones under control and helps me to not look like I just finished a cardio circuit. I will definitely be purchasing this for many years to come.

on 6/11/2014 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is great. I have oily skin and it really helps control oil throughout the day. I have to use a combination of products to control my oil (Urban Decay B6 and All Nighter, in addition to this primer and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil) and this is a staple among my summer makeup took kit. The smell is nice, the tube allows you to get to every last bit of the product, and it's safe for acne prone skin. The price is high, but it's a good primer. In cosmetics, you get what you pay for.

on 3/12/2014 3:05:00 PM

This product is fairly expensive for what it does. The smell is nice, but I find the texture a big grainy, and I don't know that it mattifies that well. I use it as a primer under my makeup, but I think there are definitely better ones out there.

on 1/21/2014 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Balled up and flaked off...had to re-do my makeup 10 mins after I finished it. Super frustrating! Love the Korres brand but this stuff did not work well for me.

on 1/14/2014 2:19:00 PM

Nothing special!!

on 12/16/2013 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this product when I first got it... ~6 months ago. Was decent for summer since I was wearing mostly a bb cream. Now, wearing this under a thicker foundation is absolutely horrid. I put this on on top of my moisturizer and let it dry. The second I try to apply my foundation it doesn't blend and cakes in some places. On my nose/upper lip my foundation will just slip right off with the touch of a finger and makes my skin look extremely patchy and cakey. The only good thing about this primer is the smell and maybe if you were to wear it with no makeup on top. I have oily skin and it didn't mattify as it claims. I feel like it actually made me more oily. Would not repurchase or recommend.

on 12/15/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I sampled this and tried it out a few times and was not impressed with it. The smell is nice, it is more natural, and the texture is very nice it makes your skin feel very soft but it is not a mattifying primer. Every skin type is different, I am very oily in my t-zone and using this primer is like not using one at all.

on 12/8/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Smells good
easy to apply with finger
nice, flowery packaging (the cap broke tho...)
lightweight

Cons:
Doesnt prime
creates a film that rubs off upon application of concealer or foundation!!!!
youre sitting wondering if you applied it wrong, or didnt wait long enough (5 min wasnt enough)
Initial part is thick and cakey from drying, followed by normal formula.. EVERY day
Bit drying... I guess thats the point of mattifying.. but I need long term mattifying, not for the moment
Pricey
buyer's remorse
using it just to not waste because you keep forgetting to return it
having to deal with that weird film again rubbing off
cussing and having neighbors wonder about you

Popular Primer/ Correctors