April 21, 2014 | 1793 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Korres - Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

This product is fairly expensive for what it does. The smell is nice, but I find the texture a big grainy, and I don't know that it mattifies that well. I use it as a primer under my makeup, but I think there are definitely better ones out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ebragg128

Balled up and flaked off...had to re-do my makeup 10 mins after I finished it. Super frustrating! Love the Korres brand but this stuff did not work well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Beeebee

Nothing special!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this product when I first got it... ~6 months ago. Was decent for summer since I was wearing mostly a bb cream. Now, wearing this under a thicker foundation is absolutely horrid. I put this on on top of my moisturizer and let it dry. The second I try to apply my foundation it doesn't blend and cakes in some places. On my nose/upper lip my foundation will just slip right off with the touch of a finger and makes my skin look extremely patchy and cakey. The only good thing about this primer is the smell and maybe if you were to wear it with no makeup on top. I have oily skin and it didn't mattify as it claims. I feel like it actually made me more oily. Would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I sampled this and tried it out a few times and was not impressed with it. The smell is nice, it is more natural, and the texture is very nice it makes your skin feel very soft but it is not a mattifying primer. Every skin type is different, I am very oily in my t-zone and using this primer is like not using one at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by candy4me63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Smells good
easy to apply with finger
nice, flowery packaging (the cap broke tho...)
lightweight

Cons:
Doesnt prime
creates a film that rubs off upon application of concealer or foundation!!!!
youre sitting wondering if you applied it wrong, or didnt wait long enough (5 min wasnt enough)
Initial part is thick and cakey from drying, followed by normal formula.. EVERY day
Bit drying... I guess thats the point of mattifying.. but I need long term mattifying, not for the moment
Pricey
buyer's remorse
using it just to not waste because you keep forgetting to return it
having to deal with that weird film again rubbing off
cussing and having neighbors wonder about you

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm almost out of my Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer, and my local Ulta no longer carries it in store. So on a whim, I decided to check out Sephora for a new primer. This was on the Sephora Favorites rack. The thing that first attracted me to this primer is the fact that it is made of 94% natural materials. Even though my skin is extremely sensitive, I can use sillicone based primers with no problem whatsover. But why put chemicals on your face when you don't need to? So I figured this primer was worth a try.

This primer is a lightweight, flesh colored, gel. I was a little concerned about the color, but it dries clear. About the only thing that I like about this primer is that it dries very quickly. It also has a pleasant smell, but that's about it for the positives.

In my opinion, this primer is SO not worth the $33 price tag. I'm not normally that concerned about packaging, but the packaging for this is terrible. It is the same type of tube as Preparation H or hydrocortisone cream. I also found the packaging rather ugly. It's just a boring white tube with brown on it. I also kind of wish this came with a pump. The squeeze tube makes it a little hard to control the amount that comes out.

I don't like the way this feels on my face after it dries. It feels heavy and thick. Almost like you are wearing a mask. It doesn't feel lightweight at all. I used this under my Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation. I also don't think this primer does all that great of a job of creating a smooth surface for foundation. In fact, I think it does the opposite. This primer makes my foundation harder to blend and apply. I also wasn't impressed with the mattifying effect of this primer. It didn't really seem like it made or kept me matte much at all.

It also didn't do much to keep my makeup on longer. With my Pop Beauty primer, my makeup stays on about 12 hours before it starts to fade away. With this primer, my foundation started disappearing and oil started breaking through after about 5 hours. Which is about how long my foundation lasts without primer.

I debated about keeping this as a backup, but I think I'm going to return it to Sephora. The Pop Beauty Face Magnet primer is far superior to this one. I wouldn't recommend this primer and won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I originally bought this in a smaller sized duo (0.34 fl oz) with the pomegranate mattifying serum. Something else to preface reviews of this product is that it is not intended to fill in pores as some primers are, so that should not really be a negative for this product.

PROS
*Mattifies my super oily skin!
*Lightly scented, and I actually like it
*Packaging is a good squeeze tube that allows user to get ALL of the product out.
*Feels light on the skin
*A little goes a long way. I have the 0.34 fl oz small size and have used it so much, yet I still have about half of it left.

CONS
*Expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by dreamonnnnnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Returning ugh....this made me an oil slick within hours. Too bad i wasn't able to get a sample first. Im staying with my Lorac im so sensitive primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by VickiD1113

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally tried a sample, & was pleasantly surprised at how well this primer worked! At my age (56) most women need a moisturizer, then we prime, then apply our foundation. I got SO tired of every primer out there being nothing but silicone, which only resulted in 1) it sitting on top of my face making it feel like a grease slick, 2) causing my long wearing foundation to literally slide off my face, 3) not minimizing pores & causing blackheads, & 4) causing my mild rosacea to look like I'd been on a week long drinking binge, from the irritation silicone based primers cause me.

I love the nude shade of this primer, & being water based it is NOT greasy! Soaks right in, without feeling tight. I've used it alone, or over my moisturizer with great results either way. It evens out your skin tone nicely. Best of all is it does minimize pores & smooth wrinkles, my makeup had really great staying power, it is mattifying, & my foundation does not sink into my lines with this primer. I discovered it also works well as lip primer. Bonus! lol!

Because of the price I only gave it 4 lippies. It could less expensive, in comparison to how much product you receive for $33+ tax. In fairness, a little goes a long way, so it should last awhile.