August 30, 2014 | 1166 users online

Hair Treatments - Alberto Vo5 - Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have thick, dark brown hair that I straighten every day of the working week (not at weekends as I really cannot be bothered - an extra hour in bed is always preferable). But I wholly understand the implications of this for my hair, so do everything I can to make sure it's subjected to the least amount of damage possible. One of those 'things' is to apply an oil to my slightly damp hair before blow drying and straightening it and for the past few months I've been using the VO5 Miracle Concentrate Oil.

First off, this does have silicones in it. This might not bother everyone, but I know there are some people out there who would rather avoid them, so it's only fair to mention it. Having said that, my hair has never had a problem with them, although I do tend to use sillicone free shampoos and conditioners, which is probably the reason why this oil never seems to feel like it's weighing my hair down or making it greasy. It definitely makes blow drying easier and I've noticed I don't need to spend as long straightening either, so I figure it must be doing some good somewhere along the way.

For 4.99GBP I think this is good value. A little goes a long way, so I can easily see this small bottle lasting me upwards of 3-4 months. The scent isn't going to be to everyone's taste (it's quite highly perfumed) but it's nothing compared to the VO5 Heat Defence Spray from the same range, which is basically asphyxia in a spray bottle.

If you're really not overly bothered about sillicones in your styling products (or actually prefer them to keep your hair in check) you can't really go wrong with this. Also, since using this my hairdresser has commented on what good condition my hair is in, so I figure it must be doing something right, sillicones or no.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SandieRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is holy grail. Smells AMAZE love the little pipette few drops and bosh hair feels and looks SO much healthier. Never been a big fan of Vo5 products though tbf I haven't tried many but this well it's Jesus in a bottle. Couldn't be without it, grab yourself a bottle girls. it's super small so easy to pop in your bag and it lasts forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used for a while and it was ok. My hair was shiny afterwards but it wasn't anything super special. Unfortunately I only found out afterwards that it has cyclops in it, which is an ingredient that doens't suit me. I should have checked before I bought it. Won't repurchase or even finish the bottle, as it sadly doesn't suit me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

It's Is an average product I'd say. I use the Loreal excellence oil with superb results.
Anyhow, I'm not a fan of the packaging, don't like the dropper and the Mount up you get isn't much. I found that while my hair did feel lovely and smooth the first day, it got greasy and heavy feeling on day two. I can usually go up to 4-5 days without washing my hair, but this had me washing my hair after two days!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This ish is full of cones & fake fragrance ladies. Once I discovered this is was no bueno for me & my thirsty 4b natural hair which it did nothing for. I dashed it & purchased cold pressed organic Argan oil off Ebay for a few pounds more. I just thought why not own the real deal? I much prefer the subtle nutty natural aroma of the pure version & the consistency absorbs better into my hair than the vo5 ever did minus any sickly scent too. I'm happier with the pure concentrated oil at its finest/highest potency instead of buying a product with a mere drop of it in the ingredients list but sold as Argan oil via clever marketing antics.

I've adapted this mentality to my skin/hair care in general nowadays & am now all for going straight to the source & buying ethically sourced raw ingredients to mix up my very own hair & skincare products in the hopes of finding some naturally beneficial remedies which has already proven worthwhile & more economical as opposed to parting with my money for branded products with false claims...To each his own with making one's mind up about these things though! Always do what works for you.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. I have very curly, extremely porous hair that never gets greasy and drinks product! I can use this alone for a gorgeous, natural fluffy curl that looks like it has no product on it at all. I don't though, only because I would use the whole bottle on three or four hair washes and that's just not economical!
Excellent for dry hair - not sure if it would be ok on greasier hair. Also, I hate the pipette style thing. Rubbish. A pump bottle, or even just the bottle without the pipette would be so much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I have only used this once, and I LOVE IT! its non greasy, makes hair easier to brush, leaves my hair soft and smells pleasant. Love the dropper, and at this price I will be buying it for as long as its around. A total must have!

Reviewer below - did you peel the label back far enough? It says to use a few drops on clean, towel dried hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the only thing I dislike about this product is the lack of instruction with it. I have no idea whether to use it on wet or dry hair. It says on the bottle 'leave in' so I guess you don't use it as a treatment and sampo out. I use a little before combing my wet hair. It it not a great detangler but when my hair dries it is definetly softer and more managable. I think this would be best for thick, curly or frizzy hair as fine thin hair might get weighed down and flatten. I do not find it greasy at all and my thick, wavy hair just soaks it up - love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For me, this does absolutely nothing. Doesn't help, doesn't make things worse. Just doesn't make a different at all, its going in the bin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this! I use it with the Nourish Me Truly shampoo and conditioner and I'm genuinely impressed. My hair is coarse and dry and this combination makes my hair soft and touchable. The elixir is the real star though and has made a big difference. It doesn't leave my hair greasy or heavy which I have found other argan oils do. Instead it feels light and super soft. Also, it somehow makes hair dry quicker so I no longer use a blow dryer (which has also improved the overall condition)