October 24, 2014 | 1582 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible (US shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I own this eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe, Bottomless Java, Eternal Sunshine, Amber Rush, Perpetual Purple, Smoldering Plum, and Golden Emerald. They all go on beautifully and last all day. without creasing. They all have some shimmer, which I love. You get a decent amount in each one. I wear Bronzed Taupe and Bottomless Java every day, and will probably pick up Iced Latte to use as a browbone color. It is necessary to keep the lid on these. I thought it was a hassle to unscrew it every time so I left the lids off 4 of mine and they all dried out and got ruined. I liked them enough that I replaced them all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was impressed with this eyeshadow, mostly because it is soft and decently pigmented and came from a drugstore. On the eyelids these didn't knock my socks off (I was more excited when I swatched it on my hand) the colors are a little "meh" as in not a whole lot of dimension or that certain special finish. I bought bronzey taupe, amber rush and bottomless java. I thought the amber rush would be similar to my urban decay chopper (one of my favorite summer shades) but when I did one on each eye the amber rush was pretty but very flat and plain next to chopper. I don't think I would repurchase, but if you are looking for drugstore shadows at a decent price these are probably the best you can find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that these are a little pricey for drugstore-brand single eyeshadows, but these are seriously the best-quality drugstore eyeshadows I've ever used. Forget L'Oreal's H.i.P. line, I think it's crap. I would even reach for Infallible eyeshadows off the shelves in a heart beat compared to Urban Decay's singles. The Infallible eyeshadows may not be offered in the widest range of shades like MAC or Urban Decay shadows, but $6-8 a pop is a steal for soft, silky, easy-to-apply, all-day, highly pigmented, fade-free and moisture-resistant (NOT waterproof) wear. I know that's a mouthful but I have 12 of these (and still collecting) for a reason!

Again, the colors offered are generally basic--no neons here--but they are still highly pigmented (even without primer), wearable, and buildable, and are easy to apply both wet and dry. The colors are almost entirely shimmery; very few shades are matte, such as Sultry Smoke and Continuous Cocoa. Of course, there are limited edition shades every now and then that are of more unique colors. Once applied, Infallible eyeshadows set beautifully and don't fade by the end of the day; I've never seen them crease even on my oily eyelids, and again this has held true for both with and without primer. The primer helps if I want more opaque color.

The texture of the product is absolutely unreal for drugstore eyeshadows. It's not a loose powder, but not a pressed powder; it's somewhere in between. It reminds me of a slightly looser, soft and plush more powdery version of Maybelline's Dream Bouncy blushes, but easier to pick up color with any applicator: sponge, brush, or finger tip. The packaging is also very neat; the color is easy to see from the outside of the packaging, and when the powder gets messy, the included stopper packs it all back into place. No useless extras like crap brushes.

My favorite drugstore eyeshadows are still Maybelline's Eye Studio Color Plush eyeshadows, which are equally soft and highly pigmented (and generally shimmery) and I feel are more fairly priced (4 shades for $8-10 ~ $2.25 per shade -VS- $6-8 for a single L'Oreal shade), but they are not as plush as the Infallibles. The Infallible eyeshadows may lack the shade range of higher-end shadows, but they are the best drugstore eyeshadows for an unwavering pop of color on eyelids, at a value that's hard to beat.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Psonta

These gems are my new "go to" shadows!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On the oily skin scale of 1-10, my skin is a 50 so maybe that explains why this didn't last past a few hours on my lids. Also, I found the packaging confusing.....which is the top and bottom of the container. With that being said, I probably would buy this again because the colors and texture is so nice and nothing lasts long on my super oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Lmartinez90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail status here!!!!!! I love love love this product. It's a very creamy shadow that turns into a powder form. I bought the first shade in iced latte and I fell in love. They are generally inexpensive around 6 or 7 dollars. They apply beautifully and stay very much in place I always use an eye primer but even without a primer, corrector or base I'm sure it would still be awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I could spend an eternity raving about these things, I swear.
This is a rave about Primped & Precious, a gunmetal silver, Gold Imperial, a yellow-gold, and Blinged & Brilliant, a rose gold. Now, these usually aren't the world's most wearable colors, but L'Oreal created such good quality eyeshadows that all those notions fly out the window.
Primped & Precious, the silver, is a middle-toned, cool color. The color is definitely impeccable, but you do need to build it up if you want to get the full, opaque tone. Its ultimate finish is a beautiful, highly metallic shine, and it serves wonders for brightening up my dark eyes. I love pairing it with Urban Decay's Gunmetal as a crease shade for a truly beautiful ombre or smoky look.
Gold Imperial is an ostentatious color, for sure. It is a festive, energetic yellow-gold. I love it; it's actually very wearable and looks well-done. It should be built up two or so layers to fully bring out its opacity. The full, opaque look is metallic with a slight shimmer in its finish; it deviates from the other two Infallibles that I own. However, I think it's great for special occasions, and it can be paired with a black for a gorgeous smoky eye.
Blinged & Brilliant is a gentle, classy rose gold; it looks exactly like the rose gold color that you would see in fine jewelry. This one goes on fully opaque in about one coat, but it is still very buildable. The finish here is also a purely metallic shine, which also does wonders for brightening the eyes. If you'd like, you can also use it as a cheek highlight, because the pinkish tones accent the face very well. It's difficult to pair this with another eyeshadow, but any tawny brown works as a good crease complement.
The texture of these singles is truly unique; it's almost moist, in a sense. The shadows are very dense, and that's what makes them so buildable. Fallout is extremely rare with these shades, and I've been super impressed with their staying power- with primer, of course. I can't say that there is much sparkle to these eyeshadows; there's only metallic quality to them.
The price is a teeny bit excessive; the cheapest price I've seen is $9 each. However, you really do get amazing quality and each little pan has a very generous amount of eyeshadow to last a long time. I highly recommend this line, it is truly a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by pandatours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily eyelids. Even with the awesome Urban Decay eyeshadow primer, some colors will crease. But these eyeshadows stay on all day with primer underneath and the worst thing that will happen is very light creasing, and that's only rarely. I think this may be the one Loreal product I can't live without

I prefer this texture to Maybelline's Color Tattoo, which is more of a cream eyeshadow. The Infallible texture is basically a packed loose pigment. I like that you can apply this shadow with either a brush or with your fingers (I prefer brush). I recently just bought three more but I always get compliments when I wear the two I have, Amber Rush and Golden Sage. Both look great on tanned skintones like mine- Amber Rush is a gorgeous rose gold/copper color and Golden Sage is a wonderful green that is both sparkly and professional.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in AMber rush. now I regret NOT buying all the colors. LOVE LOVE LOVE on how shimmery it is, it almost looks wet, I wanted an eyeshadow that has that perfect shimmer for sooo long. IM SO IMPRESSED

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by IamAJerkOKAY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THESE ARE THE BEST EYESHADOWS YOU COULD EVER USE IN YOUR LIFE, OKAY? Seriously, go buy them all right now.