November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Ambrosia

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by gracep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush looks much darker in the package than the swatch on the website makes it look, but I'm pretty white and it still doesn't look too dark, so don't let that scare you away. For some reason, I don't seem to see much shimmer, so if you're looking for something quite shimmery, you'll probably be disappointed by this product. Maybe it's just that the shimmer gives an overall luminosity instead of any real metallic look. In that case, I do see it, because the blush really sets my makeup looks off.

The main thing I'd like to pass on about this product is that it's a good looking product that is affordable and natural, but for the love of God, use a light hand to apply it! It is so heavily pigmented that for both cheeks, I need maybe a bit the size of a ladybug, perhaps less. In a way, it seems like it can also be a little bit hard to spread, but that could be my brush and the fact that I'm trying to get a tiny amount to coat a relatively broad brush evenly so that I can get a good application. When you think about it, the fact that this is the case probably just reflects how pure the products are and how much pigment they contain. I think that's a good sign.

People started taking notice of my makeup more when I began to use this blush, and I think it's quite good. If you're looking for a nice, rosy pink. I'd recommend this. But seriously, do not overdo it with how much you use!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ambrosia is a very beautiful blush color. It's highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Everyday Minerals description of this color is light pink. However, it is much darker than a light pink. I had to buff away some of the color as it first seemed to dark on my NW20/25 skin. I think this color would be better suited on a darker skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I surprisingly like this blush although, like the previous reviewer has mentioned, it's not a soft pink but rather a dark melon. I'm fair so I have to apply it very sparingly since it's so pigmented. However, I really like the color it provides.
The only con is that this blush fades after a few hours. Then again, I have yet to find a blush that doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I've become undecided on the quality of EDM blushes. I was excited that they finally released a new color, since they really skimped on re-issuing holiday kits this year. I love pink blushes and I have NC 15 skin tone, so I'm super pale. This shade is a medium rose pink with a melon type of hue that makes it warmer upon application. I press all of my loose blushes and when I was taking the powder out to press it, the color looks like a very pretty, soft rosey pink shade with pink sparkle. However, when I swatch it on my hand, it becomes much more warm in tone and looks more like a rose with some orange or coral.... Somehow? And, this happens when applied on my cheeks, as well. It's quite pigmented so it would work for a variety of people. EDM calls it a "soft pink" on their website but I feel it's more of a bright melon pink. Perhaps on darker skin tones, it would appear more of a soft pink.

My main gripe with EDM blushes is that I feel they don't apply very smoothly and it's very easy for their blushes to go from not enough color to way too much color with one swipe-----even after I press them, which makes it more controllable. I never quite realized this until I switched back to other blushes from other MMU brands and realized just how beautifully they apply in comparison.

So, unless EDM finally starts putting more effort into releasing new products and re-issuing holiday kits and fun kits, in general, I'm staying away from them. Their prices go up every 6 months or so and they're really not much more affordable than other companies at this point. So, since their unique aspects are gone, why go back?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No