As I Am - Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/3/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have tried quite a few co washes and this is by far my favorite. I love how clean my hair is but not stripped or heavy. Works like a dream,
The only thing I don't like about this is the tub. I have dropped a tub on the bathroom floor which makes a big mess. Would rather a tube or pump.

Otherwise HG

on 1/5/2015 1:07:00 AM

I have been using this product now for three weeks. In these three weeks I have seen my hair go from completely awful to absolutely amazing!

For starters, my hair is extremely difficult to deal with -- frizzy, damaged, bleached, kinky, etc. -- and it NEVER grows. But after reading the great reviews on this product, I immediately went out and bought it and got a small trim (impulsive, I know). After I trimmed my hair, I began using it pretty regularly, about every other wash as an overnight leave-in treatment. A little more than a week after I started using this, my hair had grown over an inch and looked full and healthy -- my hair usually takes two months to grow an inch, so having grown that in a week has been a miracle.

I will continue to use this product. It is relatively cheep, readily available, and so what if the packaging isn't most convenient?? My hair likes it, which means that I love it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Finding a product like this is why I love Makeup Alley - this product is a life-changer! I have curly/coily mixed hair (3C?) that I am trying to grow out in as healthy a way as possible. I started co-washing more than a year ago, but with different products that were good, but didn't make my hair and scalp feel clean. This product somehow makes my hair feel incredibly clean (as much as a clarifying shampoo would), while also making it soft and moisturized. I'm amazed. I have zero complaints. I like the smell (yum, coconuts), and love the texture of it since it's so easy to get it through my hair without using a lot of product. I don't even mind the packaging. Although a pump would be nice, with a tub I can use every last tiny bit of product. I just never hold the tub in my hands in the shower! (I step out and run it through my hair so I don't drop the tub). I am so in love with this product it's crazy.

on 11/22/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I co wash once a week with this stuff and its amazing. There's so much slip with this product that detangling in the shower is a breeze. This gives a deep clean without stripping your hair and making it dry. I personally love the smell, but if you don't it doesn't last long on your hair anyways. The only negative thing about this product is that it comes in a tub instead of a pump bottle. If this falls in your shower you will lose a good majority of it. I said no to repurchasing this again because I want to continue to experiment with other co washes since this is the first that I have tried.

on 10/11/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this priduct the entire time i've been natural(2yrs) I LOVE IT!!!!! It leaves my hair feeling so moisturized and the slip makes it so easy for me to finger detangle. I usually do this in the shower so the packaging isn't the best but it last me a month. I will continue to buy as long as the ingredients don't change.

on 9/10/2014 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just love everything about this shampoo. I agree with all the other reviewers this cleans, conditions, has great slip, de-tangles, cleans my scalp. Great smell too. I have short hair so I only need very little. Also my hair is
wavy, frizzy east European hair that has been dyed and fried. I have tried co washing with many different brands but it never felt clean like it does after I use this.
I do need to clarify once a week otherwise my hair starts to get that heavy feeling, not greasy, just too heavy. I love that it is silicone free, finally I am " cone- free".
Yes the tub packaging sucks but hey I can live with it for all the goodness it gives my hair.
I want to try the leave-in but honestly I just don't think I need it. My hair feels just perfect with this one product.

on 8/15/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went ahead and purchased this due to all the positive reviews for this product. It smells great..but if you dislike the scent it will not linger for too long. It exceeded my expectations as far as a detangler but not for cleaning my hair. The day after having washed my hair with this..I feel all this residue that I normally NEVER have (I don't use hair products besides shampoo, conditioner..and argan oil). I basically wanted to use this because it's supposed to be a gentler alternative to normal shampoo.

on 8/14/2014 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a wonderful cowashing product - I like it much more than DevaCurl No Poo shampoo. It cleans wonderfully, smells really great, and a little goes a very long way. It is an excellent moisturizer and really ups the anti on any conditioner you will use - if you have thick curly frizzy hair this will add to define your curls and and impart shine. Its super cheap too! Since I don't wash anything but my roots, I use this twice a week to do so and I am still using the same jar I first purchased maybe 4 months ago (and there is a ton left).

on 5/2/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I know this would be hard to believe but this product helped get rid of this fungal dandruff, which I now suspect that it was my scalp was being irritated and dry. Before I was using Nizoral for about three weeks and my scalp was feeling waxy and still flaking like crazy, but at least the smell and itching was gone. I purchased this a months ago and for the heck of it I used it. What I noticed about this conditioner wash is that it is very clarifying. Even more clarifying than some of the clarifying shampoos I have in my arsenal. I followed it up with a conditioner I had in my stash and styled my hair. The results was okay but I was really impressed that my scalp wasn't itching and flaking anymore. I plan to include this into my hair care routine and it's cheap price will have me continuing to repurchase.

For the record, my hair is kinky, dry, porous and I have a dry and sensitive scalp.

on 4/4/2014 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. Just wish it came is a squeeze or pump bottle. Other than that, my hair feels healthy now that I use this.