November 23, 2014 | 2180 users online

Conditioner - As I Am - Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I co wash once a week with this stuff and its amazing. There's so much slip with this product that detangling in the shower is a breeze. This gives a deep clean without stripping your hair and making it dry. I personally love the smell, but if you don't it doesn't last long on your hair anyways. The only negative thing about this product is that it comes in a tub instead of a pump bottle. If this falls in your shower you will lose a good majority of it. I said no to repurchasing this again because I want to continue to experiment with other co washes since this is the first that I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by SydneeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this priduct the entire time i've been natural(2yrs) I LOVE IT!!!!! It leaves my hair feeling so moisturized and the slip makes it so easy for me to finger detangle. I usually do this in the shower so the packaging isn't the best but it last me a month. I will continue to buy as long as the ingredients don't change.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleTornado

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just love everything about this shampoo. I agree with all the other reviewers this cleans, conditions, has great slip, de-tangles, cleans my scalp. Great smell too. I have short hair so I only need very little. Also my hair is
wavy, frizzy east European hair that has been dyed and fried. I have tried co washing with many different brands but it never felt clean like it does after I use this.
I do need to clarify once a week otherwise my hair starts to get that heavy feeling, not greasy, just too heavy. I love that it is silicone free, finally I am " cone- free".
Yes the tub packaging sucks but hey I can live with it for all the goodness it gives my hair.
I want to try the leave-in but honestly I just don't think I need it. My hair feels just perfect with this one product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Yoke3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went ahead and purchased this due to all the positive reviews for this product. It smells great..but if you dislike the scent it will not linger for too long. It exceeded my expectations as far as a detangler but not for cleaning my hair. The day after having washed my hair with this..I feel all this residue that I normally NEVER have (I don't use hair products besides shampoo, conditioner..and argan oil). I basically wanted to use this because it's supposed to be a gentler alternative to normal shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is a wonderful cowashing product - I like it much more than DevaCurl No Poo shampoo. It cleans wonderfully, smells really great, and a little goes a very long way. It is an excellent moisturizer and really ups the anti on any conditioner you will use - if you have thick curly frizzy hair this will add to define your curls and and impart shine. Its super cheap too! Since I don't wash anything but my roots, I use this twice a week to do so and I am still using the same jar I first purchased maybe 4 months ago (and there is a ton left).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this would be hard to believe but this product helped get rid of this fungal dandruff, which I now suspect that it was my scalp was being irritated and dry. Before I was using Nizoral for about three weeks and my scalp was feeling waxy and still flaking like crazy, but at least the smell and itching was gone. I purchased this a months ago and for the heck of it I used it. What I noticed about this conditioner wash is that it is very clarifying. Even more clarifying than some of the clarifying shampoos I have in my arsenal. I followed it up with a conditioner I had in my stash and styled my hair. The results was okay but I was really impressed that my scalp wasn't itching and flaking anymore. I plan to include this into my hair care routine and it's cheap price will have me continuing to repurchase.

For the record, my hair is kinky, dry, porous and I have a dry and sensitive scalp.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by iSassay

LOVE this stuff. Just wish it came is a squeeze or pump bottle. Other than that, my hair feels healthy now that I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by HeyItsCat

Love this stuff. I am a CG girl. I just don't like the packaging. It needs to come in a pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by irawesome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3b-3c, coarse, mixed hair. I have been using this cowash for 4 months now and it is my HG.

I use it daily after getting sweaty and nasty with my workouts and this cowash cleans my hair very well while still keeping it moisturized and not drying it out. It feels like a rich cream, it doesn't lather and it smells faintly of coconut oil and orange.

It comes in a tin, which isn't the most convenient packaging, but it's a great price and one tin lasts me about 3-4 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference: I have moderately coarse, 2c-3a/b curls, coils, and waves. I follow a modified Curly Girl routine, meaning I use a sulfate free shampoo about once a month if I feel it's needed, and I will use products with water-soluble silicones in them on occasion, although I really tend to avoid silicones altogether. I have been CG for almost 3 years now. I have no idea if my hair is porous or not, but I do know that it hates protein. On with the review....

I've gone through I have no idea how many tubs of this stuff since I discovered it last year. Holy mother of holy grail products, Batman, this stuff ROCKS. It is CHEAP (around $6 a tub, depending on if it's on sale or if you have a Sally's card), it's READILY AVAILABLE, it's protein free (hallelujah), it smells good, and it WORKS.

If you're reading this review, no doubt you've already gotten the lowdown on the texture and smell of the stuff: sort of a slightly runny pudding texture, smells like, well, coconuts. Not a fantastic Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil coconut smell (which is the best ever, I don't care what you say), but pretty darned good. No nasty plastic-y smell that some coconut scented products have (hate that). The texture is runny, and the product comes in a tub (BOO), so you have to scoop it out by the palmful and slop it on your head and make sure it doesn't run down your neck. Slightly challenging in the shower, to say the very least. I sort of scoop out a palmful and hold it there on my head while replacing the lid with the other hand (I'm really good at multitasking, what can I say). This works pretty well to keep the blob on my hair where I want it until it's time to scrub.

I use this just like a shampoo, meaning I put it on my hair and rub it around (gently), and make sure to scrub it into my scalp to get the scalp clean. Then I rake it through my hair with my fingers, and finally rinse. I follow with a rinse out conditioner and then a leave in conditioner (my hair is dry as a desert). This method is enough to remove layers of styling product and not leave any build up, while still leaving my hair and scalp moisturized.

The ONLY complaint I have about this product is obviously the packaging. I would do a happy dance if they put it in a bottle with a pump or a squeeze tube. Or, if it really bothers you enough, just buy an empty pump bottle at Sally's and dump it in there yourself. Either way you choose to go, this product is worth the hassle.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No