As I Am - Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 5/22/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite thing to wash my hair with! I will never ever use anything else on my very fine, straight hair that is this horrible combination of really greasy roots and horribly dry ends that like to snap and break off if you look at them wrong! I also ombre my hair this bright red color from Splat so my hair is not only naturally dry but now it's even more dry from being chemically processed. I wash with this cleansing conditioner twice every week at max and use a shower cap and dry shampoo for the days in between. When I wash my hair I lather this up twice and make sure that any gunk is washed away. Afterwards my hair is so soft, detangled and shiny. On top of this my hair is completely clean with little to absolutely no residue. This cleansing conditioner is very thick and spreads through my hair wonderfully unlike most cleansing conditioners that tend to be very thin. Everyone seems to have a problem with the packaging but I love it! A tube is prone for more product to be squeezed out when traveling & isn't very sturdy while a pump is very prone to squirting out the product while traveling as well. This tub is actually really sturdy and I can see exactly how much product is left. I just twist the cap off and leave it on my shower caddy while the actual jar stays on the rims of my tub that are actually pretty large. The packaging also makes this great to travel with! It ensures none spills. After a few uses I do use Dr. Bronner's Lavendar Castille Soap as a clarifier when my hair feels a little gunky from the cleansing conditioner since it's all organic and has no sls or any derivatives. All in all this is such a great product that isn't just for curly hair!

on 3/9/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

While I don't think this product is too expensive, I think it's a bit costly if you go through this conditioner quickly. I have a lot of thick, long hair so this went by fast. I'm latina with coarse, dry, 2a/2b hair. This co-wash is rich enough to moisturize my length. As for my scalp, I was impressed at how clean and detangled my roots felt. Most shampoos create horrible knots near my roots. The only downside is my hair needs to be washed more frequently - since it's very moisturizing. But the scent is wonderful. I'm not a big fan of the packaging since it can get messy in the shower.

on 2/3/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have tried quite a few co washes and this is by far my favorite. I love how clean my hair is but not stripped or heavy. Works like a dream,
The only thing I don't like about this is the tub. I have dropped a tub on the bathroom floor which makes a big mess. Would rather a tube or pump.

Otherwise HG

on 1/5/2015 1:07:00 AM

I have been using this product now for three weeks. In these three weeks I have seen my hair go from completely awful to absolutely amazing!

For starters, my hair is extremely difficult to deal with -- frizzy, damaged, bleached, kinky, etc. -- and it NEVER grows. But after reading the great reviews on this product, I immediately went out and bought it and got a small trim (impulsive, I know). After I trimmed my hair, I began using it pretty regularly, about every other wash as an overnight leave-in treatment. A little more than a week after I started using this, my hair had grown over an inch and looked full and healthy -- my hair usually takes two months to grow an inch, so having grown that in a week has been a miracle.

I will continue to use this product. It is relatively cheep, readily available, and so what if the packaging isn't most convenient?? My hair likes it, which means that I love it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Finding a product like this is why I love Makeup Alley - this product is a life-changer! I have curly/coily mixed hair (3C?) that I am trying to grow out in as healthy a way as possible. I started co-washing more than a year ago, but with different products that were good, but didn't make my hair and scalp feel clean. This product somehow makes my hair feel incredibly clean (as much as a clarifying shampoo would), while also making it soft and moisturized. I'm amazed. I have zero complaints. I like the smell (yum, coconuts), and love the texture of it since it's so easy to get it through my hair without using a lot of product. I don't even mind the packaging. Although a pump would be nice, with a tub I can use every last tiny bit of product. I just never hold the tub in my hands in the shower! (I step out and run it through my hair so I don't drop the tub). I am so in love with this product it's crazy.

on 11/22/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I co wash once a week with this stuff and its amazing. There's so much slip with this product that detangling in the shower is a breeze. This gives a deep clean without stripping your hair and making it dry. I personally love the smell, but if you don't it doesn't last long on your hair anyways. The only negative thing about this product is that it comes in a tub instead of a pump bottle. If this falls in your shower you will lose a good majority of it. I said no to repurchasing this again because I want to continue to experiment with other co washes since this is the first that I have tried.

on 10/11/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this priduct the entire time i've been natural(2yrs) I LOVE IT!!!!! It leaves my hair feeling so moisturized and the slip makes it so easy for me to finger detangle. I usually do this in the shower so the packaging isn't the best but it last me a month. I will continue to buy as long as the ingredients don't change.

on 9/10/2014 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just love everything about this shampoo. I agree with all the other reviewers this cleans, conditions, has great slip, de-tangles, cleans my scalp. Great smell too. I have short hair so I only need very little. Also my hair is
wavy, frizzy east European hair that has been dyed and fried. I have tried co washing with many different brands but it never felt clean like it does after I use this.
I do need to clarify once a week otherwise my hair starts to get that heavy feeling, not greasy, just too heavy. I love that it is silicone free, finally I am " cone- free".
Yes the tub packaging sucks but hey I can live with it for all the goodness it gives my hair.
I want to try the leave-in but honestly I just don't think I need it. My hair feels just perfect with this one product.

on 8/15/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went ahead and purchased this due to all the positive reviews for this product. It smells great..but if you dislike the scent it will not linger for too long. It exceeded my expectations as far as a detangler but not for cleaning my hair. The day after having washed my hair with this..I feel all this residue that I normally NEVER have (I don't use hair products besides shampoo, conditioner..and argan oil). I basically wanted to use this because it's supposed to be a gentler alternative to normal shampoo.

on 8/14/2014 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a wonderful cowashing product - I like it much more than DevaCurl No Poo shampoo. It cleans wonderfully, smells really great, and a little goes a very long way. It is an excellent moisturizer and really ups the anti on any conditioner you will use - if you have thick curly frizzy hair this will add to define your curls and and impart shine. Its super cheap too! Since I don't wash anything but my roots, I use this twice a week to do so and I am still using the same jar I first purchased maybe 4 months ago (and there is a ton left).