August 28, 2014 | 1332 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Six Thirteen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been a wen girl for over 2 years now and 613 is my favorite!! My hair has never been so well behaved. I love the smell -it's a little vanilla and maybe a tiny bit of a lemongrass scent. This "flavor" doors have protein in it, but doesn't have any of the mint in it if that matters to you. (Or if you want to use it on kids or pets). I have natural spiral curls with highlights, low lights, and a base color. Like all Wen cleansing conditioners this is also sulfate free. This has totally helped my hair.... While I know technically hair is dead except at the root, I really fried my hair using a new curling iron (the Sarah Potempka Beach Waver which I'll review in a bit). I used the heat WAY to high and burned my hair badly. My hairstylist -after lecturing me severely on proper heat settings) had to cut off what she could without making me bald. What was left was brittle and a bit singed around the edges. The Wen 613 really worked amazingly! I noticed on the very first use improvement in my hair- it looked shiny and bouncy. My curls came back with amazing control -lack of frizz!!- and smelled great! I will also state that I use the 613 styling cream with this as well. I got mine on QVC they have it the cheapest that I can tell. Hope this review helps you in your search for your holy grail hair products! (Pic of my hair both curly and straight in my profile)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by crysb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was one of the few who didn't realize that this product had protein in it either. I, in general, love moisturizing products, but this made my hair very, very heavy. I've tried the lavender Wen cleanser and love that one, but thought I would branch out a bit and try this one. The scent is quite heavy and sickeningly sweet so if that's not your thing, you won't like this. Aside from that, I felt that my hair was a lot more dull and lifeless. On top if that, it took forever to rinse out the product to the point that I didn't have a significant amount of residue left in my hair that was weight it down. Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works just as well as my other wen products, but I really HATE the smell of this one. It has a powerful stinky menthol, rosemary and lemon scent to it. It truly made my eyes water. On my hair I wouldn't use 613 daily, but it's nice to use once or twice a week. Also, lots of folks are using 613 mixed with a cheaper conditioner or another wen conditioner as they say it works best for them that way- I can totally see this being true. I'm on the fence if I would repurchase this one because the scent alone is nauseating. My hair and scalp feel really clean yet my hair is not stripped after using 613.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I bought this a while back, before I was on MUA. I wish I hadn't. I bought it on Amazon & all it said in the product description was about how incredibly moisturizing it was, supposedly even more so that the regular WEN products. I have very dry highlighted hair desparately in need of moisture, so I bought this in my debate over this or a regular WEN product. Dumb move. Now I find out on MUA that it has PROTEIN in it. My hair HATES protein! Not to mention, why on earth would they market this product as a product acceptable for frequent use when obviously with protein, it's not?! (duh, money). I was using this as my regular shampoo 2-3 times per week exactly as directed and my poor hair was falling out in clumps. Seriously, clumps. I'm not kidding, I feel bald when I run both hands through the back part of my hair above my neck. Now I'm on the hunt for something to un-do the damage. Moisturizing, no way. This product should be used as a treatment, and nothing more. I can't believe what I paid & what I got for results. That's what I get for not doing my research.
Edit: I forgot to mention, that, even initially, it made my hair SUPER PUFFY (eww) and yes, it takes a PHENOMONAL amount of product for each washing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I've had 613 for about 6 months. This is a protein so you have to be careful with it. If my hair needs protein, 613 leaves it feeling awesome. If it doesn't it leaves my hair feeling hard and dry. So keep that in mind when using it. It's a pretty good product even though it's so expensive.

Now let me tell you why I will never buy this again. Yesterday I washed my hair after taking braids out. You need protein after you take braids out so I clarified with V05 Kiwi Lime shampoo, then used WEN 613 and WEN Pumpkin.

I recently bought a hair catcher so it causes the tub to go out really slow. The water and hair was still draining so I got dressed and came back. There was a bunch of hair in the tub which I expected because I hadn't washed my hair in a month, but there was also a bunch of gray looking stuff. I thought it might be suds but WEN doesn't sud. I touched it and it was like gray gook. It was pretty thick because it was clogging up the main part of the hair catcher. It was disgusting. I got a paper towel and wiped it out of the tub.

I'd read about people who used WEN saying that it caused their pipes to clog and I see why. I also see why they tell you to rinse your hair for an hour.

I still have some WEN left and I'll use those up, but I'll make sure that I put some drain cleaner down my drains after I use them.

I'm going back to regular shampoo and conditioner. I don't want anything that leaves such a thick resude in my tub on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using WEN for about 8 months now. I love the line and when I saw the Six Thirteen on QVC, I wanted to try it. It's very expensive, $70+ with shipping. The first time I tried it, I was a little bit dissapointed. It made my hair too soft. I wasn't able to style my hair like normal. I back comb my hair because I like big hair, this stuff made my hair very smooth and shiny. My hair is dark brown, I decided to put a deep brown dye on my hair and then I bleached sections of my hair around my face to a white silver blonde. I ended up having to bleach my hair 5 times and the only reason I still have hair is because of WEN. The blonde is not dry or brittle because I now use the six thirteen as a weekly hair repair treatment. I wet my hair, apply the six thirteen, then wrap my hair in a shower camp and leave it in overnight. It repairs all the damage I've done with the bleaching and my hair feels very soft. I can't use this daily though. I love it as a treatment, not as a daily shampoo/conditioner. The smell to me is nice. It smells like a lemon cupcake. As with most WEN products, the smell does not linger in the hair at all. Overall, I am happy with this product but not to use daily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I am a hardcore new Wen girl and I absolutely positively hate this stuff. I was excited that QVC had a Wen with a "lemon rosemary vanilla" scent and it was supposed to be "more moisturizing" than any of the other cleansing conditioners. First of all, this stuff is too sweet smelling!! I smell neither lemon, nor rosemary. I smell sweet vanilla and some spice. Like one of those sickeningly sweet Vanilla Brown Sugar BBW scents which I also hate. And it lingered all day. It also made my fine thin hair super frizzy and dry!!! I thought this was supposed to be moisturizing??? I could not figure out why my hair was so dry and crispy! Other Wen formulas (SAM, LAV, SGGT and POM did not dry out my hair at all!) I tried it several times before I gave it up and sent it back to QVC. It was WAY too expensive to keep. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by michelakf

This is literally my hair godsend. I'm naturally a brunette but have dyed my hair so many times, and i've been growing it out for a couple years. needless to say, my hair is damaged. I've used the regular wen almond, and its decent, but not the best. i then bought the lavender wen and it was the same idea. HOWEVER, 613 takes the cake by far. My hair is so soft and shiny, and i've used so many products before to try to achieve that. the price tag hurts but it is simply amazing. it also smells way better than any wen i've used. the only thing that sucks is that i bought the one with a flip top and its hard to squeeze. also is it too hard to ask for some decent looking packaging?! its very plain! regardless, the product is a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie007

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although this product is outrageously expensive, to me, it is well worth the price. Given that my hair is short and I don't need to use a separate conditioner, it is more cost effective for me than it would be for someone with longer hair. The smell is divine and it is by far, the best in the WEN line of cleansing conditioners and also the best cleansing product that I have ever used on my hair. The older I get, the drier my hair is, and this is the only thing that doesn't add to that problem. Even if I use it every day, my hair performs and looks and feels much better than with any shampoo brand that I have ever used.
The consistency of this cleansing conditioner is much thicker and richer than the other "flavors". In addition, if you have any soy or gluten allergies, those ingredients are not in this product. I always add a little water to the product in my hands before applying it to my soaking wet hair. It seems to spread better and more evenly and be even more effective with that method than with just putting it on straight from the bottle, with no water added.
The only downside or negative is the pump. The tube attached to the pump needs to be longer so that it goes all the way to the bottom of the bottle and doesn't result in any wasted product or difficulty in dispensing. I wish that Chaz would look at the pump delivery system on the TIGI Brunette Goddess shampoo (what I used before buying the 6/13) . as the pump works beautifully in that product and there is no wasted product. Other than the pump issue and the high price, I can find nothing disappointing about this product. Wonderful smell, good for your hair, great ingredients, soy and gluten free. I will be using this for as long as Chaz keeps making it. Thank you, Chaz. You're a genius and a stickler for ingredients and quality, which is why your products are so superior, and this is THE best of them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by decembermom3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am proud to say that I am a WEN girl! I am a licensed stylist and was impressed enough to order this even though I am almost never pulled in by infomercials. I can say without a doubt that I am so glad I ordered this (QVC's price is like $17 cheaper than the Chaz Dean website!) The smell is absolute heaven! A combination of mellow lemongrass and a smooth vanilla. I always wash my hair with WEN cleansing conditioner and RINSE thoroughly, and then follow it up with 613 and then a quarter size amount of 613 in thoroughly rinsed and soaking wet hair, as a leave in conditioner. I only use about 4 or 5 pumps. For reference my hair is about 4" below my shoulders and thin textured. I would recommend WEN to my friends and family and would, without a doubt, recommend this to my clients!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No