November 21, 2014 | 1836 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Six Thirteen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

In love wit the scent of this!!!!! I mainly pick up vanilla with subtle hints of mint & lemon...just wonderful!!! I really want a bottle of the fragrance/perfume!!

I usually use this 1x a week for extra conditioning,my naturally curly spiral curls (3b) really respond well when I use this I also have some heat damage from straightening my hair (plus I dye my hair) and this CC has really helps with repairing my hair. Plus rinsing with cool water works the best with the Wen CC's!

*Also love this one as a leave in conditioner! I get frizz free spiral curls!

*I go based feel on how much to use on my hair verses the directions on the bottle.

100% repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Wen, and the Six Thirteen line is no exception. I usually use this one as a "leave in" conditioner, either by itself or mixed in with a bit of one of the other Wen cleansing conditioners (about 1/2 pump of each, for a total of "one leave-in pump"). This is perfect for times that I feel my hair needs a bit extra conditioning (ie, if I buy a new fragrance version of Wen and then find it's not as moisturizing as I need it to be, I'll add in some of the Six Thirteen).

I absolutely LOVE the scent of Six Thirteen. I'm surprised at some of the negative comments. True, I love vanilla scents, foodie fragrances, etc -- but I don't find this product to be overly vanilla at all. I loved this scent so much, that I also purchased the Six Thirteen Fragrance! LUVVVVV! (it's a very fresh, clean scent with a hint of vanilla --- much like the cleansing conditioner).

FYI:
Wen needs to be used as a "system". In order to get the BEST effects, follow these simple steps:

1- use a clarifying shampoo before your first WEN application. You need to remove all traces of silicones, styling products, etc from your hair before using Wen (to really see the benefits of Wen). JMO, based on various ways I tried the product line.

Btw, I use a clarifying shampoo every 8 weeks, followed by a protein reconstuctor, a moisturizer, and then a hair oil treatment. I do this because even though Wen has a small amount of "cones" in it, I do feel it can build up if I keep using it for more than 8 weeks in a row. In lieu of a true "clarifying shampoo", you can just use ANY "sulfate containing shampoo" to remove silicone build up.

2- Use ALL WEN products, only, for the best results (for styling products, heat protectant, volumizer, deep conditioner, etc). Wen doesn't play nicely with other brand products. Trust me, I've tried.... Their products contain some silicone, but in minute quantities (I called Wen directly to enquire about this). IF you use NON wen products with LOTS of cones, you will get build up, as Wen will not remove them

3- At the very least, you MUST use both the Wen cleansing conditioner AND the Wen "styling gel" (or creme). If you do not use the styling gel or styling creme product, your hair will be a dry, frizzy, flyaway mess (if your hair type is dry/damaged/chemically treated to begin with).

4- I do not use the 30-some pumps that the Wen directions call for. I can't afford to use that much product. My hair is long (below shoulder blades) and very thick. I use about 5 pumps on first cleanse. Rinse. Then I use about 4 pumps on second cleanse. Rinse. I then use 1 pump as a leave-in (as I mentioned above). Then, I add in about a pump or two of the styling gel/creme, followed by a few spritzes of the Wen volumizer (LOVE!). If my hair seems still a bit dry (I have bleached hair), I may use a tiny dab of coconut oil before and/or after I blow dry. Coconut oil is the ONLY non-Wen product that doesn't completely ruin my results. However, my best results are when I can use only 100% Wen from start to finish (the most conditioning Wen I have tried is the Fall Apple (name??) from last Fall 2013 collection! -- but the smell does give me a bit of a headache at times, so I don't always use it. However, when I do....WOW! I could do a Wen commercial! *wink* Just gorgeous results! Too bad the scent is so over-powering....)

Ok, well, I hope those tips help those of you who have invested in Wen, but didn't like the results! I hated Wen on my first try. Then, after a few times of using it in various ways, I found what worked best for me. It's been over a year and a half now, and I pretty much ONLY use Wen. I LOVE what it has done for my hair.

Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been a wen girl for over 2 years now and 613 is my favorite!! My hair has never been so well behaved. I love the smell -it's a little vanilla and maybe a tiny bit of a lemongrass scent. This "flavor" doors have protein in it, but doesn't have any of the mint in it if that matters to you. (Or if you want to use it on kids or pets). I have natural spiral curls with highlights, low lights, and a base color. Like all Wen cleansing conditioners this is also sulfate free. This has totally helped my hair.... While I know technically hair is dead except at the root, I really fried my hair using a new curling iron (the Sarah Potempka Beach Waver which I'll review in a bit). I used the heat WAY to high and burned my hair badly. My hairstylist -after lecturing me severely on proper heat settings) had to cut off what she could without making me bald. What was left was brittle and a bit singed around the edges. The Wen 613 really worked amazingly! I noticed on the very first use improvement in my hair- it looked shiny and bouncy. My curls came back with amazing control -lack of frizz!!- and smelled great! I will also state that I use the 613 styling cream with this as well. I got mine on QVC they have it the cheapest that I can tell. Hope this review helps you in your search for your holy grail hair products! (Pic of my hair both curly and straight in my profile)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by crysb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was one of the few who didn't realize that this product had protein in it either. I, in general, love moisturizing products, but this made my hair very, very heavy. I've tried the lavender Wen cleanser and love that one, but thought I would branch out a bit and try this one. The scent is quite heavy and sickeningly sweet so if that's not your thing, you won't like this. Aside from that, I felt that my hair was a lot more dull and lifeless. On top if that, it took forever to rinse out the product to the point that I didn't have a significant amount of residue left in my hair that was weight it down. Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works just as well as my other wen products, but I really HATE the smell of this one. It has a powerful stinky menthol, rosemary and lemon scent to it. It truly made my eyes water. On my hair I wouldn't use 613 daily, but it's nice to use once or twice a week. Also, lots of folks are using 613 mixed with a cheaper conditioner or another wen conditioner as they say it works best for them that way- I can totally see this being true. I'm on the fence if I would repurchase this one because the scent alone is nauseating. My hair and scalp feel really clean yet my hair is not stripped after using 613.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I bought this a while back, before I was on MUA. I wish I hadn't. I bought it on Amazon & all it said in the product description was about how incredibly moisturizing it was, supposedly even more so that the regular WEN products. I have very dry highlighted hair desparately in need of moisture, so I bought this in my debate over this or a regular WEN product. Dumb move. Now I find out on MUA that it has PROTEIN in it. My hair HATES protein! Not to mention, why on earth would they market this product as a product acceptable for frequent use when obviously with protein, it's not?! (duh, money). I was using this as my regular shampoo 2-3 times per week exactly as directed and my poor hair was falling out in clumps. Seriously, clumps. I'm not kidding, I feel bald when I run both hands through the back part of my hair above my neck. Now I'm on the hunt for something to un-do the damage. Moisturizing, no way. This product should be used as a treatment, and nothing more. I can't believe what I paid & what I got for results. That's what I get for not doing my research.
Edit: I forgot to mention, that, even initially, it made my hair SUPER PUFFY (eww) and yes, it takes a PHENOMONAL amount of product for each washing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I've had 613 for about 6 months. This is a protein so you have to be careful with it. If my hair needs protein, 613 leaves it feeling awesome. If it doesn't it leaves my hair feeling hard and dry. So keep that in mind when using it. It's a pretty good product even though it's so expensive.

Now let me tell you why I will never buy this again. Yesterday I washed my hair after taking braids out. You need protein after you take braids out so I clarified with V05 Kiwi Lime shampoo, then used WEN 613 and WEN Pumpkin.

I recently bought a hair catcher so it causes the tub to go out really slow. The water and hair was still draining so I got dressed and came back. There was a bunch of hair in the tub which I expected because I hadn't washed my hair in a month, but there was also a bunch of gray looking stuff. I thought it might be suds but WEN doesn't sud. I touched it and it was like gray gook. It was pretty thick because it was clogging up the main part of the hair catcher. It was disgusting. I got a paper towel and wiped it out of the tub.

I'd read about people who used WEN saying that it caused their pipes to clog and I see why. I also see why they tell you to rinse your hair for an hour.

I still have some WEN left and I'll use those up, but I'll make sure that I put some drain cleaner down my drains after I use them.

I'm going back to regular shampoo and conditioner. I don't want anything that leaves such a thick resude in my tub on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using WEN for about 8 months now. I love the line and when I saw the Six Thirteen on QVC, I wanted to try it. It's very expensive, $70+ with shipping. The first time I tried it, I was a little bit dissapointed. It made my hair too soft. I wasn't able to style my hair like normal. I back comb my hair because I like big hair, this stuff made my hair very smooth and shiny. My hair is dark brown, I decided to put a deep brown dye on my hair and then I bleached sections of my hair around my face to a white silver blonde. I ended up having to bleach my hair 5 times and the only reason I still have hair is because of WEN. The blonde is not dry or brittle because I now use the six thirteen as a weekly hair repair treatment. I wet my hair, apply the six thirteen, then wrap my hair in a shower camp and leave it in overnight. It repairs all the damage I've done with the bleaching and my hair feels very soft. I can't use this daily though. I love it as a treatment, not as a daily shampoo/conditioner. The smell to me is nice. It smells like a lemon cupcake. As with most WEN products, the smell does not linger in the hair at all. Overall, I am happy with this product but not to use daily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I am a hardcore new Wen girl and I absolutely positively hate this stuff. I was excited that QVC had a Wen with a "lemon rosemary vanilla" scent and it was supposed to be "more moisturizing" than any of the other cleansing conditioners. First of all, this stuff is too sweet smelling!! I smell neither lemon, nor rosemary. I smell sweet vanilla and some spice. Like one of those sickeningly sweet Vanilla Brown Sugar BBW scents which I also hate. And it lingered all day. It also made my fine thin hair super frizzy and dry!!! I thought this was supposed to be moisturizing??? I could not figure out why my hair was so dry and crispy! Other Wen formulas (SAM, LAV, SGGT and POM did not dry out my hair at all!) I tried it several times before I gave it up and sent it back to QVC. It was WAY too expensive to keep. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by michelakf

This is literally my hair godsend. I'm naturally a brunette but have dyed my hair so many times, and i've been growing it out for a couple years. needless to say, my hair is damaged. I've used the regular wen almond, and its decent, but not the best. i then bought the lavender wen and it was the same idea. HOWEVER, 613 takes the cake by far. My hair is so soft and shiny, and i've used so many products before to try to achieve that. the price tag hurts but it is simply amazing. it also smells way better than any wen i've used. the only thing that sucks is that i bought the one with a flip top and its hard to squeeze. also is it too hard to ask for some decent looking packaging?! its very plain! regardless, the product is a godsend.