October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Highlighters - Homemade highlighter

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been searching MUA for instructions on making a highlighter, but found none. So I played around and here is what I settled for. It is the simplest thing, actualy, just a squirt of my morning moisturizer with beige and white eyeshadow.

I used:
- 1 small screw-top container (on the 1-Euro shops they have 3 containers with nail glitters for 1 Euro, I buy these and use them for my homemade lipsticks)
- ArtDeco Eyeshadow in 372 (light beige with shimmer)
- Bourjois Eye shadow in 90-Blank diaphane (pearly white)
- 1 squirt of my morning moisturizer

The ratio was 1/4 ArtDeco (beige) for 3/4 Bourjois (white). I scrape the e/s into dust with a knife, mix them all with a lipliner pencil and voila! my very own personalized highlighter.

I have fair skin with neutral undertones and I find this combination most flattering for my colours. I get the pearly but whitish sheen from Bourjois, with a slight warm and sparkle from ArtDeco. Please note that the sparkle is very-very subtle. This certain e/s I cannot wear in the eyes because of the shimmer which is too obvious. But for some reason, is blends nicely and looks very subtle in this mix.

(I was waiting for Sephora's sales on Benefit, to get a highlighter, probably 'Watt's Up!', but I do not think I will ever give money for highlighter now!).
Enjoy!