Maybelline Bouncy Blush - Hot Tamale

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 7/13/2014 12:44:00 PM

I'm NC20. Hot tamale gives me a very natural flush, the flattering colour of pinched cheeks or sunburn. Believable sheer colour that doesn't look like blush, it looks like me. I liken it to NARS Cactus Flower or Exhibit A - a little scary in the pan but beautiful on. Coverage is buildable. No sparkles, only a bit of iridescence/sheen which ends up looking dewy on the skin. Improves the look of the skin on my usually dry-ish cheeks.

I would repurchase it (and have 1x) only because of the great colour and the [relatively reasonable drugstore] price.

The biggest negative with this blush is the formula. This looks, feels, behaves JUST LIKE Play-Doh. The 'bouncy' texture is cute and interesting off the bat, but once I noticed lint, fuzz, and other particles sticking to it, it became really off-putting. I only use clean fingertips to apply the blush. I tried to wipe the surface with a tissue and they won't budge. You cannot clean this blush, unless you scrape the surface with something sharp, and then you lose product. As well, since I press into the blush with my fingers, it has caused the product to migrate out over the edges, which makes it look like a wad of something a toddler got into.

I'm going to keep looking for something like this in a different formula -- like Cactus Flower without the high frost/sparkle. In the meantime, will use this and keep trying to pick out the lint. (ick)

on 1/19/2013 10:22:00 AM

I've been wearing this all week and I love it. Gives a nice sheer glow, looks like I just came in from outdoors on a crisp day. I apply it with a very short bristle brush and buff out. Staying power is good. Looks scary in the package, but goes on sheer and blendable. Would recommend.

on 10/25/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

See my review for the Dream Bouncy Blush (all colors) for my general view on these. I want to specifically describe the color for this particular review. Hot Tamale is a gorgeous cool reddish shade.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE blush, so when I heard about this product I was super excited to try it. I got mine in the color fresh pink, which is very pigmented for my skin tone. It looks very natural when you apply it. And you can apply how much or how little you want. It stays on all day, which I love because I have very oily skin. They have several really nice colors. I would recommend trying this for sure. It's a unique and wonderful blush.(:

on 8/2/2012 8:39:00 PM

I really like this blush, It has pretty good pigmentation, but it isnt too overpowering. The one problem i do have with this blush is that I can't find a good way to apply it, its either too bright or not bright enough on my face. Overall I really liked this blush and i would buy more colors!

I bought this blush yesterday, after lusting over it for months. Immediately after getting in my car, I (as any makeup addict would) opened the blush and poked at it for a bit. It has such a cool texture! Then I dabbed a bit on my cheeks and got a bit scared. At first, I thought, "No way... way too bright." But when i got home and looked in a better lighting, I was amazed!

This blush puts such a pretty flush on your cheeks. I wouldn't call it natural, since it is a hot coral-pink, but it creates such a nice healthy glow that is perfect for summer. It's really great paired with Essence's Stay with me lip gloss in Candy Bar.

EDIT: In the past year, this blush has been pushed to the very back of my makeup drawer. While I still absolutely love the color, I've found that the product itself is more annoying than anything. Particles get stuck to the product and you cannot get them off. I still pull it out for days at the beach, but overall I'd say pass on the Bouncy Blushes in general.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is there brightest one but you wouldn't know it from the swatches the only upside no shimmer no glitter.It goes on you cheeks a red color which makes me look like a ran a marathon instead of a regular flush or being left with a glow..The product can be layered but with a light layer it doesn't really show up and i have an ivory skin tone.The staying power isn't even that great.I would pass on this product.
You would be better with nyx or elf cream blushes than you would be with this.

on 6/1/2012 3:40:00 AM

I have a face that eats blush. And that makes me sad :( because I'm really fixated on blush. Not even long-lasting formulas or stains last more than an hour. But I have found this to be an exception, which makes me happy :D I'd heard bad things about the Bouncy Blushes, mainly that they weren't pigmented at all. Of course, the weird Play-Doh formula was so unique I think we all just had to try one regardless of what we heard. They all look so gorgeous in the compacts, but keeping in mind the pigmentation problem, I swung for the fences and bought this bright coral red shade. It's pretty scary in the package, but it's extremely wearable even for my pale face. Start by dabbing your finger on the surface without pressing down and then tap it on your cheeks. It's definitely bright, but not garish as long as you don't overdo it. It just lights up my face the way a good blush should.

on 5/12/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, I like this - especially the color. I don't like that I have to rub my fingers over the product to apply. It doesn't seem very hygienic. But I'm such a fan of the color - gives you such a natural flush - that I would definitely repurchase.

on 5/9/2012 9:23:00 PM

Looks intimidating, but applied with a light hand (add more if you want), it works! Nice flush for my face. As for the bounce, I could care less.

Popular Blush Products