April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Bouncy Blush - Hot Tamale

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this all week and I love it. Gives a nice sheer glow, looks like I just came in from outdoors on a crisp day. I apply it with a very short bristle brush and buff out. Staying power is good. Looks scary in the package, but goes on sheer and blendable. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

See my review for the Dream Bouncy Blush (all colors) for my general view on these. I want to specifically describe the color for this particular review. Hot Tamale is a gorgeous cool reddish shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by NaturesBeuatyJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE blush, so when I heard about this product I was super excited to try it. I got mine in the color fresh pink, which is very pigmented for my skin tone. It looks very natural when you apply it. And you can apply how much or how little you want. It stays on all day, which I love because I have very oily skin. They have several really nice colors. I would recommend trying this for sure. It's a unique and wonderful blush.(:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by alleycat220

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this blush, It has pretty good pigmentation, but it isnt too overpowering. The one problem i do have with this blush is that I can't find a good way to apply it, its either too bright or not bright enough on my face. Overall I really liked this blush and i would buy more colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I bought this blush yesterday, after lusting over it for months. Immediately after getting in my car, I (as any makeup addict would) opened the blush and poked at it for a bit. It has such a cool texture! Then I dabbed a bit on my cheeks and got a bit scared. At first, I thought, "No way... way too bright." But when i got home and looked in a better lighting, I was amazed!

This blush puts such a pretty flush on your cheeks. I wouldn't call it natural, since it is a hot coral-pink, but it creates such a nice healthy glow that is perfect for summer. It's really great paired with Essence's Stay with me lip gloss in Candy Bar.

EDIT: In the past year, this blush has been pushed to the very back of my makeup drawer. While I still absolutely love the color, I've found that the product itself is more annoying than anything. Particles get stuck to the product and you cannot get them off. I still pull it out for days at the beach, but overall I'd say pass on the Bouncy Blushes in general.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is there brightest one but you wouldn't know it from the swatches the only upside no shimmer no glitter.It goes on you cheeks a red color which makes me look like a ran a marathon instead of a regular flush or being left with a glow..The product can be layered but with a light layer it doesn't really show up and i have an ivory skin tone.The staying power isn't even that great.I would pass on this product.
You would be better with nyx or elf cream blushes than you would be with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I have a face that eats blush. And that makes me sad :( because I'm really fixated on blush. Not even long-lasting formulas or stains last more than an hour. But I have found this to be an exception, which makes me happy :D I'd heard bad things about the Bouncy Blushes, mainly that they weren't pigmented at all. Of course, the weird Play-Doh formula was so unique I think we all just had to try one regardless of what we heard. They all look so gorgeous in the compacts, but keeping in mind the pigmentation problem, I swung for the fences and bought this bright coral red shade. It's pretty scary in the package, but it's extremely wearable even for my pale face. Start by dabbing your finger on the surface without pressing down and then tap it on your cheeks. It's definitely bright, but not garish as long as you don't overdo it. It just lights up my face the way a good blush should.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, I like this - especially the color. I don't like that I have to rub my fingers over the product to apply. It doesn't seem very hygienic. But I'm such a fan of the color - gives you such a natural flush - that I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

Looks intimidating, but applied with a light hand (add more if you want), it works! Nice flush for my face. As for the bounce, I could care less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't really expecting much since I've read such mixed reviews BUT I'm so glad I tried it! I use this with a light hand and it looks amazing on my pale skin :] if you're considering trying this...DO IT!