July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megashield Lip Color SPF 15

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in "It's a Girl!" on a whim at my local Walgreen's and it's fine. The color is, perhaps, not the best for me, but it's a happy pink. I can wear it for fun but it's not the greatest look (it's a soft, almost peachy pink that reads a little bright).

The formula is not bad, feels smooth going on. Doesn't last more than a couple of hours on me, but fades evenly. If you exfoliate your lips first and slick on just the tiniest bit of balm, I do think it goes on better. I like to top it with a WnW Glassy Gloss (312A, Glass is in Session) for a little shine.

Packaging is ok, but it feels as if I could break the lipstick itself pretty easily. Grippy on the base, which is kind of nice.

Price? Wonderful. I think I got this for $2.99. Can't beat that for a little fun, eh?

Would I buy it again? Not in this color. Will I try other colors? Probably. Three dollars is not much for a little bit of happy in your bag. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

My favorite lip stuff ever. Super highly pigmented, buttery, easy to apply, and doesn't dry out your lips at all. I love this because I can put it on and get a few hours out of it without reapplying. I loved the Megalast matte colors but they were super drying to my lips. This is like the best of both worlds: long wearing and non-drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the mega last lipsticks better. These are kind of moisturizing and I like that it has SPF and they are pigmented, but they go on a little blotchy....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by AngrySeaGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a tube of this in the color 'Peachy Keen' on an impulse, and I have to day I think it was a good one! I got this shade to coordinate with my peach-colored blush, and I think it does a fabulous job of bringing my make-up together.
I am very anti-frost in lipsticks, but it is subtle enough that it doesn't detract from the peach. If you like how it looks when you first put it on, you will find yourself re-applying often. I actually prefer it after I have worn it a bit and it becomes less frosty and more natural. While the frost and gloss disappear, I can see the color tint left on my lips for 4-5 hours.
As far as the conditioning aspect, I feel this lipstick leaves something to be desired. It goes on moisturizing, but quickly begins to dry. I apply a lip balm and allow that to soak in a bit before I apply this, and I am much happier with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ecolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WnW products are getting seriously dangerous for me. I absolutely love their lipsticks, and I have a terrible time not just impulse-buying a bunch of new colors whenever I walk into a Walgreens. I tried out this line after loving their MegaLast range, and although the color I bought ( "It's a Girl!" ) isn't quite what I was hoping for, the quality of the product is stellar. It's super moisturizing and glides on very smoothly. It's highly pigmented for a product that feels so soft and has no odor. Unfortunately, it has a bit of a frosty glitter to it that I'm not a huge fan of, and, again, and I have no idea why WnW does this, the bullet doesn't roll down all the way, so you have to be super careful to smudge it on the cap or break it off. Definitely still a wonderful product for the $2 I spent on it, and plan to buy it in more colors soon. (Salsa Lessons, I'm coming for you) Definitely drop the two bucks on this stuff if you have it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best lipstick on the market. So moisturizing, spf 15, amazingly soft and easy to apply, very pigmented and long lasting and for a decent price. I also noticed that, this lipstick hides all imperfections and lines on my lips. I uploaded a photo of mine wearing salsa lessons. Please check :)
On their websites they claim:
"Color, comfort, and care! Luxurious color delivers hours of sheer-to-moderate coverage that glides on buttery-soft for a smooth, moist-looking pout. Lips are pampered with Vitamin E, Amino Acids, Avocado Oil, and Rice Bran Oil that moisturize and condition for silky, soft comfort. And with SPF 15, lips are cared for and protected from harmful UVB rays."

It says sheer to moderate BUT Noooo it s not sheer! it is quite pigmented! And it really glides like you feel doing something very good for your lips :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I have many of these but I'm going to mention 368S "That's Berry Beautiful". My new favorite berry! So smooth and creamy, no frost at all, just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade I have is 365S Ring around the Rosy. It is a lovely mauve color with a hint of brown. It is creamy and glides on the lips evenly and with good color payoff. I love that this has SPF 15. The longevity was not bad either. I was able to get a couple of hours of wear before it came off. I do not like the packaging. It was a bit flimsy when it came to the base. Since you twist it to get the lip color to pull up, I often had a hard time getting the product to come up fully. It seemed to get stuck easily. Maybe I had a bad batch or perhaps I get what I paid for ($1.99 plus tax USD). I like the megalast lipsticks better, but this is nice to slip into my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't live up to the hype as much as its sister--the Megalast lipsticks (the flat-top shaped ones).

Not even the SPF 15 can bring me back to buying this--this is great for letting little girls experiment and play with looks, but in terms of color payoff and staying power--it falls flat. It's fizzed out. I bought this yesterday in It's A Girl! hoping it was a good peachy/salmony shade. It is. But the performance of the lippy was ick. It dries out my lips and runs a bit more on the sheer side (Megalast has more pigment, definitely) and is mostly gone within the hour. I've seen some reviews, and I paraphrase, saying that it's a great dupe for Viva Glam Nicki. No, it's not. I've swatched VGN and not only is it more pigmented and a solid patch of color, it's a bit more on the peachy side. It's A Girl! is like a natural, rosy pink.

To spend $1 more on a lippy that doesn't even rival Megalast isn't so much of a waste if you're willing to branch out and try other WnW products, but, I just wouldn't dip my foot in that water again after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by hollieua

This is a fantastic and CHEAP lipstick. I have never used Wet N Wild before, but I read online that, "It's a Girl", is an exact dupe for Mac's Viva Glam Nicki lipstick. So, I decided to try it out. The color is identical to Nicki and the lipstick itself is great. It is long lasting. After eating breakfast and drinking coffee this morning it stayed put. I also love that its easy to just throw on without having to worry about lining your lips. It has a great consistency. The fact that it has SPF is a plus!