December 22, 2014 | 1412 users online

Fragrances - Love's Fresh Lemon

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I voted "yes" to repurchasing, I doubt I'd actually REALLY buy this if I were to see it but it was just the PERFECT scent for when I was 17 years old. I mean, what's not to like about a fresh, lemon scent that is uncomplicated by anything else? I remember the wonderful LOVE makeup and fragrance ads from the late 60's or perhaps early 70's - Donovan's "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" playing in the background over innocent, "flower child/love in" type photography. THAT was my world back then - embroidered peasant blouses, bell-bottomed and hand embroidery embellished blue jeans - it was such a vividly memorable time. All the "neo Hippy" stuff since can't really come close to recapturing what it really felt like to LIVE in that age. And I think even a brief sniff of this fragrance (as it was back then) would bring it all back to me in an instant!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FiaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On the quest for the best Lemon Perfume..this is not the worst or the best. At least there is no lemon cleaner scent.
I will not buy it again, but I did use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by nataliestar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have loved this for years! NO staying power, but,very good for a burst of Lemon pick me up,..refreshing...I wish Loves would make the Musky Jasmine again, wayyy different than the plain Jasmine they occasionally put out now...it was their best one!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I think this smells just like fresh lemon peels, in fact a lot like lemonade. I don't smell any chemical smell and the typical powder smell associated with "Love's" fragrances is BARELY there at the initial sniff.

There's no lasting power to this whatsoever but I mean, it WAS like $4.00 at Walmart. I find the bottle sturdy enough to carry in my purse.

If there was something with more lasting power that smelled the same, i'd buy that first, but 'til then I can spare $4.00 on this cheap feel good fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by AudreyElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really think people need to keep things in context when writing reviews for products like these. I found this product on a Wal-Mart shelf for $6 as a stocking stuffer for my 5 year old niece. It came with a teddy bear, I thought it was cute and a very simple sweet scent for a child. She's not concerned with staying power; she just knows that she has pretty girl things now like mommy and aunt dotty. It's cute, just don't expect Dior or anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

I received this as a stocking stuffer.
First sniff: nice, lemony scent I love citrus fragrances, they always are a great pick-me-up. I had high hopes for this.
I spritzed some on my wrists and instantly, I was reminded of Pledge. Yes, like the furniture polish. I hoped that that was just the initial scent, but that's the extent of it. This fragrance made me smell like I had just been polishing furniture all day. Absolutely horrid.
I considered giving it to my 7 year old, but I don't want her to smell like Pledge, either. I had to throw this bottle out. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to have to give this such a low rating but the staying power is nil here. I bought this a few months ago at K-mart (came with the cutest stuffed teddy bear!) for $6.99. The scent itself is like pure fresh-squeezed lemons- and I don't normally like citrus based scents but this was such a dead-ringer. Within 5 minutes the scent was poof- gone, had to re-apply frequently. So sad. My bottle is a "cologne mist" so I'm wondering if that's the weakest concentration- but it's the only one I can find as well. I'll keep mine around for summer spritizing.

Edit 1/7/12: I'm not expecting a Dior fragrance here (though some high-end fragrances don't last on me, either) my only wish is that this would last longer.