November 22, 2014 | 926 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - MAC Dazzlesphere Plum Ornament

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by bsoule89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gave this a 4 because all but one of the colors works well... the light purple doesn't go on well. I am typically not a pigment fan of any sort but I thought these colors were beautiful and I really wanted to try some Mac pigments. I said I would not repurchase because I know I won't reach for these almost ever. These are one of those things you have to be in the mood to deal with (fall out) I really just prefer pressed shadows... But like I said they are beautiful colors and if you love pigments then get them! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is from the MAC Ice Parade Holiday Collection in 'Plum Ornament'.
I saw these in the Mac store and fell in love with them, I was purchasing the 'Smokey Berry Ornament' for my sister and dropped heavy hints to my partner about this one (not knowing that he had already bought me it!)
I'l start off by saying that these are harder to use then the regular mac pigments, they are crushed metallic and the clumps seem to be harder to break up so you need to smudge them out in the lid before applying them to the eye otherwise there is alot of fall out.
They come in 2 sets of stack-able pots, not the easiest way to store the pigments but it's a small sacrifice to pay for such lovely shadows.
The colours are-

Violet- A sheer sparkly light violet.
This metallic is a major disappointment to me, trying to get any of the colour on my lid is a nightmare, it is so chunky that it goes on in clumps and trying to break it up in the lid does nothing, and when i do finally manage to get some on- my eyes are awash with the insane glitter fall out.
I highly doubt i will ever make a dent in this pigment, i may add it on top of another colour for a bit of sparkle but it really isent worth the effort in trying to avoid the glitter fall out.

Grape- A rich dark purple that looks almost black in the pot but when it's on the lid it is completely different.
This is probably the closest in comparison to the regular pigments, the clumps break up very easily and it feels very velvety and easy to blend.
Definitely one of my favorite purple's.

Misty- An icy silver which after you break up the initial clumps is a beautifully smooth metallic that looks great in a smokey eye look.
I have been paring it with Urban Decay's 'Gunmetal' with sliver glitter eyeliner on the lower lash line.

Seasonal Cool- A Sparkly taupe which is very versatile and looks beautiful worn as part of a day or night look.
This metallic is a little easier to break up and once it's on looks as smooth as any other pigment.

The only reason I've said i would not re-purchase these is because of the poor quality of the violet shade and also i dont think i would ever run out of them.