April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Eye Primer - Lumene - Beauty Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this primer for couple months now, but I'm not sure if it's working. It makes the skin tone nice and even, but I don't know if it makes my eye makeup to last longer than it would without a primer. I haven't used any other eyeshadow primers so I really can't compare. It doesn't do any harm, that's for sure. I might repurchase if it's on sale, otherwise probably not.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by L3ps1k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased Lumene Beauty Base Eyeshadow Primer about a year ago and for a long time it was the only eyeshadow primer I had ever used. It wasn't really doing anything for me right from the start, but as I have quite oily skin, I thought that maybe nothing works. I like the consistency and the packaging, but that's it. A couple of days ago I used my friend's ELF eyeshadow primer before going to a NYE party (a lot of dancing, champagne showers and snow) and when I got home in the early morning, I was stunned. My eye makeup was almost as perfect as after I had applied it. I had used my ArtDeco liquid eyeliner, which always smudges, but that night it stayed on perfectly. So, yeah, although I like many Lumene products, I definitely will start searching for a new eyeshadow primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite eyeshadow primer.
I love the consistency. It's very thick, but so easy to blend and it's not greasy at all. It applies like a dream and makes my eyelids feel silky. It has a matte effect and it smooths my eyelids (also evens out the color) like no other primer ever.
My eyeshadow blends beautifully on this primer. I have a problem on one part of my eyelid where eyeshadow doesn't seem to stick on, for some reason, but this primer fixes that problem.
This also prevents my eyeshadow creasing. I have hooded eyes and even if I have dry skin, my eyelids can be oily and I've had bad problems with eyeshadow creasing. This primer keeps my eyeshadow on place the whole day.
Lumene eyeshadow primers have changed through years, but I've used them for about 20 years and I know I can always trust them.