November 26, 2014 | 953 users online

Eye Primer - Lumene - Beauty Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by msbuttercuo06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product makes eyeshadow difficult to blend and it also causes the colors to seem may more pale and dull than they are, so it does the exact opposite of what an eyelid primer should be doing. I've tried a purple smokey eye with this as base and, no matter how I tried, all the colors ended up looking the same dull, pale, barely visible shade.
When taking my makeup off, some of it got into my eye and caused lots of pain and irritation. It says directly on the packaging not to let it into eyes, but hello, it's an eye product! It shouldn't be dangerous for eyes! Of course one shouldn't put products into eyes on purpose but one can't help bits of it getting into by accident. Not cool, Lumene.
I didn't wear it for a long time yet but if right after applying all the colors turn out looking the same, I don't think it'd look much better after an amount of time. When a product ruins your makeup in the very beginning, wearability isn't a subject of interest.
The only thing good about this is the packaging and texture. My previous eyelid primer worked nicely but it was a solid in a little well so you had to poke it really hard with a brush or finger and then apply it, stretching the lid a lot and using lots of pressure. Not very hygienic (I've been getting pimples on my browbones lately, I believe this is the cause because I've never had them in such a place in my whole acne history of 7 years) and not good for the skin. This one applies much easier and is hygienic but there's no use since it's such a shitty product.
I'm very disappointed with this and could've really found a better use for my money. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this primer for couple months now, but I'm not sure if it's working. It makes the skin tone nice and even, but I don't know if it makes my eye makeup to last longer than it would without a primer. I haven't used any other eyeshadow primers so I really can't compare. It doesn't do any harm, that's for sure. I might repurchase if it's on sale, otherwise probably not.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by L3ps1k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased Lumene Beauty Base Eyeshadow Primer about a year ago and for a long time it was the only eyeshadow primer I had ever used. It wasn't really doing anything for me right from the start, but as I have quite oily skin, I thought that maybe nothing works. I like the consistency and the packaging, but that's it. A couple of days ago I used my friend's ELF eyeshadow primer before going to a NYE party (a lot of dancing, champagne showers and snow) and when I got home in the early morning, I was stunned. My eye makeup was almost as perfect as after I had applied it. I had used my ArtDeco liquid eyeliner, which always smudges, but that night it stayed on perfectly. So, yeah, although I like many Lumene products, I definitely will start searching for a new eyeshadow primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite eyeshadow primer.
I love the consistency. It's very thick, but so easy to blend and it's not greasy at all. It applies like a dream and makes my eyelids feel silky. It has a matte effect and it smooths my eyelids (also evens out the color) like no other primer ever.
My eyeshadow blends beautifully on this primer. I have a problem on one part of my eyelid where eyeshadow doesn't seem to stick on, for some reason, but this primer fixes that problem.
This also prevents my eyeshadow creasing. I have hooded eyes and even if I have dry skin, my eyelids can be oily and I've had bad problems with eyeshadow creasing. This primer keeps my eyeshadow on place the whole day.
Lumene eyeshadow primers have changed through years, but I've used them for about 20 years and I know I can always trust them.