September 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Blast Flipstick Lipcolor in Vixen

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love variety and I think that this is a great deal for three lipsticks! I really love the colors and the feel of them as well as the idea of wearing two different colors to create a unique shade. I have the colors Vixen (darker purply red, shimmery light pink), Minx (dark chocolate, golden-bronze) and Snap (bronze-pink, gold-pink). I love them all, Vixen is great for a special occasion, Snap is great for all day. Minx, I would say would have to be for someone with darker complexion than me. However, I've used it very sparingly and it still looks nice. The feeling is velvety and I always use lipliner with it. It lasts for quite a while and it NEVER slides around which is great. Although I've never had trouble with the sticks breaking (and I've dropped them numerous times) I hear that they can break.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I chose this after seeing it in Redbook saying you get 3 in 1 a light cool pink with lots of sheen, a watermelon shade (not as full of sheen but does include less and not a true watermelon shade IMO) and makes the perfect hot pink combined. It looks more of a deep rose combined but this does turn on me and becomes hot within the hour. I don't have any others that change (don't keep them) but this one is a keeper. I like that I do get 3 colors for less than $8 or $9. Feels great on, lasts quite a long time and doesn't travel, taste or feel sticky. The darker shade seemed a little sheerer but not when you apply both. A lot of variety for a little $$.

Update: I'm finding this does bright so I really have to make sure I don't over do the color on my eyes or do a neutral eye look the day I wear this. This is a shade that screams "Makeup".

Further update: ended up tossing it as it just was too bright for me. Not in a good way, mostly the inner rim of my lips.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No