Cover Girl Blast Flipstick Lipcolor in Vixen

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Squalane, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Propylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Show Shades Also Contain:, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Flurophlogopite, May Contain:, Mica, Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Carmine.

on 12/16/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is one of my fav lip colors in my lipstick stash.

I like the idea of having the option to wear three different colors within one tube. The creamy color is a berry color with a hint of pink. It's glossy and bright, without being too bright. The shimmer side is a soft pink. Very pretty pink. I usually don't wear the soft pink without mixing because it isn't the most flattering color with my skin tone, eye and hair color. The main color I wear is the creamy berry color that has a hint of pink, but when I want to change the look, will apply the shimmery soft pink over the berry. The look is a shimmery, medium to light, pink with depth.

When I first wore this, what amazed me is how moisturizing this is on my lips. There are HE brands that aren't this moisturizing. A+ for Cover Girl on that. There's no bleeding and feathering with Blast Flipstick, either.

This does have a particular smell and taste; however, I didn't find it off-putting when I first began wearing it, and have grown accustomed to the smell and taste. Hopefully this won't dissuade anyone from trying Blast Flipstick because this is a very good d/s lipstick.

on 10/22/2012 2:52:00 PM

I love variety and I think that this is a great deal for three lipsticks! I really love the colors and the feel of them as well as the idea of wearing two different colors to create a unique shade. I have the colors Vixen (darker purply red, shimmery light pink), Minx (dark chocolate, golden-bronze) and Snap (bronze-pink, gold-pink). I love them all, Vixen is great for a special occasion, Snap is great for all day. Minx, I would say would have to be for someone with darker complexion than me. However, I've used it very sparingly and it still looks nice. The feeling is velvety and I always use lipliner with it. It lasts for quite a while and it NEVER slides around which is great. Although I've never had trouble with the sticks breaking (and I've dropped them numerous times) I hear that they can break.

on 12/31/2011 10:28:00 PM

I chose this after seeing it in Redbook saying you get 3 in 1 a light cool pink with lots of sheen, a watermelon shade (not as full of sheen but does include less and not a true watermelon shade IMO) and makes the perfect hot pink combined. It looks more of a deep rose combined but this does turn on me and becomes hot within the hour. I don't have any others that change (don't keep them) but this one is a keeper. I like that I do get 3 colors for less than $8 or $9. Feels great on, lasts quite a long time and doesn't travel, taste or feel sticky. The darker shade seemed a little sheerer but not when you apply both. A lot of variety for a little $$.

Update: I'm finding this does bright so I really have to make sure I don't over do the color on my eyes or do a neutral eye look the day I wear this. This is a shade that screams "Makeup".

Further update: ended up tossing it as it just was too bright for me. Not in a good way, mostly the inner rim of my lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin