July 28, 2014 | 1677 users online

Blush - Meow Cosmetics - Taboo Blush in Racy

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Meow Cosmetics describes its Taboo blush line as... well, you can go to the website and see for yourself, as it consists of saccharine paragraphs that include turns of phrases like "a subtle rumor of duochrome flushed color," "peering through a rainbow," "the most fun you've ever had with blush." The color Racy is described as "bright and cheery! this warm-neutral sugary sweet pink shade has a subtle golden glow."

THE GOOD: It's bright. It's cheery. I would describe it as melon with a pink sheen. I don't really see the golden glow. It's gorgeous, it's blendable. It lasts over my foundation.

THE BAD: Meow describes these blushes as "not sparkly." It doesn't have glitter chunks, but Racy is quite shimmery. I can deal with this, but the description, while lengthy, seems a little inaccurate. The nice thing is that there's not much to complain about with Racy. If you're looking for a bright, melon blush with a pink sheen, this is a great pick!

BOTTOM LINE: While I'm a huge sucker for a matte blush, Racy has been one of my favorite shimmery ones in a long time. It's vibrant but can still be work appropriate for my conservative office environment. Its versatility and lovely color will make it a staple in my makeup bag.