December 21, 2014 | 1509 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Gem Crush 01 Showgirl Chic

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly really like these polishes, which is shocking, given my hatred for Sally Hansen products. It's one of the few glitter polishes out there that you can actually achieve a thick coat of complete glitter with and I've tried a lot of different glitter polishes, including China Glaze, Nicole by and just plain OPI, and Sephora by OPI. The colors are beautiful as well, which is a huge bonus. I just wish there were more of them!

Reading the reviews on here, I saw that a lot of people were saying that they had issues with chipping but I've never had that problem! Correction, I've never had any problems with chipping with this glitter polish than I haven't had with any others. Don't put this on and then wash the dishes or go swimming because your nail polish will just pop off the nail. But usually when I wear this, I put down a layer of a color of regular nail polish, the same color as the glitter first and then layer the glitter on top and when I put the topcoat on, I make sure to seal the edges so it's less prone to chipping in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. There are fine silver, and slightly larger bright blue metallic glitter particles densely packed in a clear base. I have used this in 2 coats over polish on the entire nail, as well as over polish on my nail tips. I find that with applying glitters, it's best to lay on the product rather than brush it on. It settles a little during a mani, but nothing that a twirl of the bottle can't remedy. This has excellent glitter payoff, and it's such a versatile color combo. I've used it over a number of colors and often find myself admiring it. The effect is like the sparkle of diamonds, it's that pretty. It lasted very well for me, with no noticeable wear/chipping into the 4th day. I used a single Revlon top coat, and didn't have any grittiness, even with 3 coats of the glitter on the tips. I highly recommend this, and would say it's a must-have for any collection. Definitely backup-worthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A lovely, bright, blingy bling silver glitter with flecks of light blue. Two coats and it's opaque, with an almost foil-like shine. Surface is a little gritty as many glitter polishes are, but not as bad as some. I sometimes have trouble wearing silvers and blues due to my pale, cool-toned complexion, but this was really pretty on me. Removal is typical of opaque glitters, that is, it's a pain in the neck.

My only complaint is that the brush is on the skinny side and the formula is a bit runnier than you'd expect for a glitter. I made a mess of my cuticles the first time I applied this, trying to get used to the formula.

Still, it really is a gorgeous glitter (reasonably long wearing, too, with a top coat), and worth the extra time to apply it.

DUPE ALERT: This is a credible dupe for China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so bummed about this nail polish. It looks so gorgeous in the bottle - silver glitter with larger blue sparkles. It is pretty opaque, as others have mentioned..it only took me two coats for a nearly opaque base of silver glitter with gorgeous blue sparkles. This looks really beautiful on the nails, especially for a sparkly holiday look, and I was so glad I puchased it...UNTIL, literally, 12 hours later, it began to chip. I used a base coat and a top coat! I went to a friend's house the next day and at one point I noticed that my thumb nail was entirely bare...the entire sheet of polish had fallen off of my nail and it was awkardly sitting on my lap! I was so disappointed. I will say it's easy to touch up, but what's the point if the touch-up will fall/chip off in a day or two? Avoid!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Littlemissninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this polish!!!!!!!! I usually apply 2 coats of this, but you can even get away with one, and you can't see (much) bare nail! I wasn't expecting such great coverage. I got it in the colour "Cha-ching" which is red and silver. It dried super fast, and the price was reasonable. The only downside was that it does flake off without a base and topcoat. But, overall, this is great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE the way this looks. Two light coats and it's done - looks so cool, especially in sunlight. Looks much better on than in the bottle. Not shiny and quick to dry.

I've used it twice in the last week. The first time was over another polish and topped with Revlon's quick dry top coat. It lasted six days.

The second time I used it alone, on a bare nail, and it started peeling off the next day. In the future I'll use a base coat and the top coat.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ImaMissFit

The colors are all beautiful. Two coats and you have complete coverage. It dries super fast! The downfall for me, it won't stay on my nails. It comes off in sheets. It's almost like it's brittle. I touched my nails up twice this morning and in the middle of a date tonight it completely came of two nails. I used a base and two top coats. Sadly I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

i love love love this colour! super opaque, dries fast, wears well and super gorgeous!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 6 of these nail polishes in 01 Showgirl Chic (silver with a little blue), 02 ChaChing (red with silver), 04 Blingtastic (blue with some silver), 05 Bejeweled (purple with pink), 06 Razzle Dazzler (pink with silver), and 08 Glitz Gal(pewter gray with silver). I guess you can tell I really like these. Full coverage glitter as mentioned below. Good thing is if they chip all you have to do is place a nice amount on the chip itself, let it dry to tacky or a little beyond and gently press on it to smooth and even. Apply another top coat and you have a seamless repair. Top Coat is mandatory (as mentioned below) plz do not NOT use one. My 2 favorite ones to wear is the pink and purple one. The pink one is like an amped up gorgeous natural color, same with the purple but its just a teensy bit more stand-outish. But all the colors themselves add something extra to regular polishes or by themselves. I would definitely recommend to everyone. TIP ALERT: to remove glitter nail polish without the fuss, soak a cottonball or cotton round in nail polish remover. Place it on top of your nail (press down to make a good connection with the glitter) and immediately cover with a piece of foil ( 3x3 in.) Large enough to cover the cottonball up to your second knuckle and squeeze tightly around your finger. Move on and do the same to the next nail. When your done with one hand and all fingers are covered by the foil (so the remover doesn't evaporate) wait 5 mins and twist the foil/cottonball off. If you waited long enough all the polish will come off in one swipe but if not you may have a few flakes left over. If so just take the cottonball out of the foil and wipe the rest off, it'll be easier. Repeat on other hand. I hope your able to follow that and I hope this helps someone (hadda find a great way to remove this wonderful polish) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sodapopvulture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally, a full coverage glitter polish!

I adore the way this color goes on, dries fast and truly offers complete coverage with a coat or two. The bottle suggests adding a topcoat, but think of topcoat as mandatory here.

Without topcoat, the stuff will vanish from your nails within a day or so. However, it isn't quite so irritating because it typically does so in large sheets-almost the entire surface rather than tiny chips here and there. Most people would count that as a negative, but I like to think of it as a suitable way to avoid the hassles of nail polish remover. You can just about peel it off entirely.