November 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Hair Styling Tools - T3 - singlepass whirl

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by eleventwentyseven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first purchased the Chi Orbit 1" barrel clipless curling iron, which did NOT work AT ALL on my shoulder length coarse thick hair.

I returned the Orbit and picked up the T3. The T3 has worked better than most curling irons I've tried in making beachy type wave curls on my hard to curl hair. I like that you can pick the temperature and it cools down pretty quickly after use so I can put it away faster than some other irons I've had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

One of the tourmaline/ceramic tools that won't fry your hair - and it doesn't! Has a tapered barrel and a heat setting that can be adjusted in 5 degree increments. It also leaves my hair shiney and the waves, while they aren't exactly the same as the first day, have a nice memory and I don't have to constantly use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Because of its cone shape it was hard for my hair to stay wrapped around the barrel, it would just fall to the tip and get messed up therefore it was hard to use. I have fine hair so maybe thats why it didnt work for me. I did get some nice loose waves however but because my hair didnt wrap around the barrel properly alot of hair was left messed up and tangled. Im going to try a straight curling wand next 1" by amika or sultra bombshell. I do like that this has temp control and is very light. I think it would work well for thick hair that can actually stay wrapped around the barrel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very thick wavy/curly hair and now that it is very long, I sometimes want a more pronounced wave/curl that I style in what I call the Victoria Secret look, LOL. I have tried other clipless curling wands such as Conair Infiniti (works in creating curl, but curls turn limpy, the Bombshell (I was excited to purchase this at Sephora after reading the reviews, but unfortunately it would not curl, so I had to return it.) Finally I tried the Singlepass Whirl and like it (it is not the best, but the closest I have found to working with my hair)..... it creates the definition that I like ....... I don't have the do my entire head as I just curl several sections to blend in with my natural wave, and I have the look I am looking for. My curls look completely natural, are long lasting (but I have to use hairspray to hold the curl.) The t3 Single Pass sells for $130.00 but it is worth it for me since I have hard to curl waves ...... the barrell size is 1.25" which is perfect for me and has adjustable heat that goes up to 450 degrees ..... I have used as high as 425 degrees and my hair has never burned ....... it also curls very quickly as I normally hold the wand for 8 - 10 seconds per section. I like the t3 Singlepass Whirl if you want the Victoria Secret look, and I also recommend CHI Air Texture Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron if you are wanting a more curly look. Updated: I have a few curling irons and they are causing damage to my hair due to the higher heat, however, I have noted that the T3 Singlepass Whirl is the gentlest ..... I still use my T3 but not as much until my hair gets stronger from the heat damage caused by my other curling irons (CHI and Babyliss.) For now, I use my T3 on special occassions and have started using hot rollers which are easier on my hair for daily usage.