August 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eyeliner - TonyMoly - Party Lover Gel Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Willowmere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel compelled to write a review in praise of this wonderful eyeliner so that others can discover its greatness. Plus, it is so affordable!! Half the price of MAC and Bobbi brown!

First off, I have oily lids. I would start the day off with lovely crisp gently winged black gel liner on my upper lids and by the end of the day the eyeliner has either partly disintegrated into a grey mess owing to the oily lid monster, and/or migrated down to my lower lid a la racoon eyes... and as for the wing part of the liner... what wing?

I have used so many gel liners in the past whilst searching for that elusive holy grail, both drugstore and high-end. MAC blacktrack, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Benefit, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Essence. For longevity, this beats them hands down.

The black is dark. It is not as jet black as MAC blacktrack and does not have that sheen to it, for which I am grateful as I think it makes it easier and slightly more natural to wear on a day to day basis. It is creamy, so much so that as another reviewer mentioned, you do need to give it a minute or so to dry. But once it dries it does NOT BUDGE. Wearing this for a 10hour working day I can say with confidence that this stays beautifully. Sure, the edge of the line is softened at the end of the day, but the flick from my wing is still there and it looks as black as when I applied it that morning.

HG material. Highly recommended.

Please note that Tonymoly make two gel eyeliners with the same formulation but with different packaging. Party Lover has the classic packaging whilst the Backstage gel liner has an attached brush that is suprisingly usable, however I still prefer my MAC 266 brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by lostinyourseoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have a similar type of eyeliner and love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and Kate gel eyeliner - both very good but pricey. I've now switched to TonyMoly. It's much cheaper. Doesn't smudge on my oily lids too. A real bargain and definite re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Comparing this against these gel eyeliners:
- Essence
- Maybelline

TM gel eyeliner wins hands down. I have the black one with the retractable brush on top of lid. The brush is nice and works well with the eyeliner. The trouble I have with gel eyeliners is that they're not long lasting on me. I have Asian eyelids and I find that towards the end of the day, the inner and outta (my wings) eyes have faded and smudged, leaving my inner and outta eye blotchy. It's not a good look and can give the look of horrible eyebags.

The trick with gel liners is not to load your brush at first but layer the gel eyeliner. Go in a 2nd time to build intensity if you must. I always seal my line with black eyeshadow or grey if I am opting for something more subtle.

Price is $12-16AUD depending on where you buy. I buy mine from Morning Glory stores or Korean cosmetic shops in Sydney!

Will not repurchase. Will try KATE Gel Eyeliner next.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Used MAC's blacktrack liner for years....tried this one, which is half the price and works just as well. Doesn't smudge and lasts for hours (I have oily lids as well).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by nienoona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have heard many good reviews from my friends about this product
Previously I use MAC blacktrack gel liner.
I must say the resistance of this gel liner is comparable with MAC's

I'm a monolid with oily eyelid and lives in humid hot area, and I'm too lazy to wear any eye primer. So gel eyeliner is the answer for me all this long because liquid or pencil eyeliner always smeared smudged or even flaked on my eyelid.
Unlike MAC, Tony Moly's gel eyeliner doesn't smudged as fast as, it holds much longer.
On my eyelid, MAC holds about 3 hours until it is smudged a bit on the end of my lid, TM holds about more than 5 hours, which later I could swipe gently and it's gone.
It also has the blackest color and so creamy, creamier than MAC.
The only downside, is that it is too creamy that takes longer to dry. Before it dries you must not open your eyes widely, otherwise it will smear everywhere.
Once it is dried, it stays more than you expected.
The max it could hold before starting smearing on my top lid is about 8 hours, which pretty good for me.

The packaging itself has inner lid, so you could close it between the application.
I tried the brown color, but I don't like it. The color doesn't really show in my opinion, perhaps it is perfect for double lid if you like something natural and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by hostility

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner!

I bought this a while ago to try out because I'd never used gel liner before, and wow! I love this! It is super easy to apply and gives you a deep black line. It also lasts ALL day (I put this on at 6am and it still looks the same when I take off my makeup at 8pm!)

Like another reviewer I have had my pot for a while (I think like a year now??) and have had zero problems with it drying out, it is exactly the same as when I got it. :)

I only bought this in black, brown and navy blue, but they also carry a ton of colours other than the regular ones! Like red, pink, blue and yellow and whatnot :3

I would definitely recommend this if you want to try out gel liner.. or if you are just looking for a better alternative to whatever one you're currently using!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

Just don't use this product when you have oily lids even with a primer. Trust me. It'll smudge after 3 minutes (I really did time this).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeliner ever!
I've tried Etude House Code B and a few Maybelline ones but this one beats all of them. It's extremely pigmented, and creamy. When it dries it stays on your lids for the whole day!
best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

Tony Moly's rise to fame actually started with this product when rumors spread that Kim Yuna used this for her famous winged-out liner look. Turns out she actually uses Bobbi Brown gel liners but I think I might actually prefer these better. They come in some gorgeous colors, and for an extra buck or two you can get these with a liner brush on top(which is actually of decent quality) or an eyeshadow duo. The formula of the gel liner is extremely creamy and long-wearing too. It does smudge a bit on my lids, but with a primer and a pencil liner base, it stays put. Also, the formula doesn't dry out either! It's been 2 months, but still as creamy and good as the first day I used it *knock on wood*