September 19, 2014 | 1655 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Nebula pigment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first pigment EVER!
I love the colour because it does a decent smokey eye without much fuss but i dont like the price or the packaging.
I think the packaging is difficult to handle as the lid does not screw on like the paint pot for instance so im always checking to see if the lid is secure enough..i would hate to knock this over!
The product itself is really great. I look forward to purchasing more of these (when on sale). They are not as convenient as the pressed eyeshadows but i do think they are more versatile in terms of using with clear nailvarnish etc.
Gave this an overall rating of 4 due to price & packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a generous sample of this from MAC the other day. The MAC gals in "my" store are so generous that their samples are almost as much as you get in those "minis" or stackables that come out as LE items. This is very nice - they don't look at you like you are some sort of moocher if you ask for samples (perhaps because I shop there often - too often - they know I'll be back if I like something).

Anyway, so I got this sample of Nebula and it is pretty nice but, like all pigments, it can be messy - the first time I used it, I got fall-out but it cleaned up easily. I also found the application (dry) to be a bit patchy but I'm reluctant to use it wet because it is so dark. The thing is that I can get similar results using pressed shadows like Typographic or Keep Your Cool, which are in formats that are far more user friendly. So I won't be going back to purchase a full size of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nebula is not like any other color of MAC pigment that I know of. They've put out plenty of brown-toned taupes: Coco, Sunnydaze, Mauvement, Subtle, Museum Bronze. Their only attempt at a brownish grey was Sweet Sienna, which was a greenish muddy disaster on me, though many love it. When I saw Nebula described as "dark grey-brown," I knew I had to have it.

However, wearing Nebula for the first time today convinced me that while buying it was the right call, a backup will not be necessary.
If I use more than about a pinhead-sized amount on my NW15 skin, I'm in raccoon territory. It's as dark as pigments like Bloodline and Rich Life, both of which I tried, and deemed "too dark" for me. I like Nebula enough to work with it; I'll have to be very careful to use an *extremely* light hand, and employ my nifty little UD blending brush

As it wears, though, Nebula becomes lighter and greyer. I've had it on for about six hours now, and it looks like a soft, slightly shimmery grey.
At this rate, it will take me a very long time to use up even one of the new smaller jars.

Therefore, though I like Nebula a lot, I don't expect to buy more, especially since it's LE. Also, its color is similar to that of the Pro Longwear Keep Your Cool, and Keep Your Cool is less difficult to work with. Nebula is well worth a try, but approach with caution if you're fair.

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.
continued >>