December 20, 2014 | 1699 users online

Mascara - Borghese - Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunke101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, the packaging is well made and the consistency is great. This is a repurchase item.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AWFUL!! I received it by mistake from Overstock.com (I ordered the face primer - I don't know....mascara, primer, primer, mascara. huh) and once I talked to them and they couldn't take it back, I thought I had scored with this "free" mascara. Well, the only thing that scored was my trash can! I applied it to my upper lashes and thought like a previous reviewer that it looked like a nice daytime mascara. It darkened and lengthened my lashes pretty well. I wore it all day around the house and never looked in the mirror and then had the misfortune of doing so AFTER I greeted someone into my house. One look in the mirror and my lashes were almost stick straight instead of the curled look I had originally and I was Rocky Raccoon! Hey at least it didn't flake. LOL I think this smudged worse than anything I have ever used. YUK

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought a "two-pack" of this at Costco and while the price wasn't bad, this mascara wasn't worth a dime. The mascara tube is fancy-looking, and gives off the appearance of being "expensive" makeup, but the product inside was garbage (literally...tossed both containers). My experience could be that I got very old product that's been stored in a warehouse here in Phoenix for goodness knows how long...but that's my point, I suppose. Be careful if you buy this mascara, because you just don't know if you can trust the packaging! The mascara I purchased was in a contraption made of two pieces of cardboard fused together by vacuum-packed plastic bubbles, each bubble containing a mascara. Me opening the package was worth of a "Lucy" episode...and I resorted to getting a boning knife from my kitchen and slicing through the cardboard. When I tried the mascara it did not seem dried out, but it didn't do anything for my lashes but make them stick together. If I coated and coated my lashes they got thicker, but I don't like thick gooey lashes. I like my lashes separated and longer-looking. This mascara isn't a "dark" black, so it looks grayish after awhile, too. Perhaps I just got old product, but please be careful when you buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best mascaras I have used. It doesn't crumble or smudge, gives a lot of length and pretty good volume and doesn't clump on me. So I have no complaints really. For everyday I just wear one coat for super black defined lashes, and for going out at night 2 to 3 coats for majorly huge lashes. I would definitely repurchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My now favorite mascara, and I don't usually wear mascara. Used to wear L'Oreal's Voluminous but it started to smear, giving me raccoon eyes. Borghese's doesn't smear at all and comes off easily. Makes my lashes look lush without the clumping AND it comes in other colors besides black and brown!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by XxRosaliexX

This mascara worked quite well with me, the only problem was that it gave now volume to my eyelashes

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by daffodile

it is waste of money. yeah it is cheap but if there is a mascara named lancome virtose ,eyes absolutely worth it...I hated this product...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by gottfrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My reason for trying this was the ingredients- it is purportedly "all natural." I am trying to switch over to products without all the chemicals and crazy ingredients. Anyway, I am pleased with the packaging and the brush. I also like the formula, which is on the drier side (my HG used to to be Definicils). My thought is that when one is looking for natural products, one has to compromise in some ways usually. I find that this mascara is good for what it is--- are there better ones out there? yes, but they may be full of all types of crazy chemicals, which I do NOT want!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Bronzo and I have mixed feelings about it. It has a very subtle color and although I like that I think the formula is kind of clumpy and thick and negates the subtle, natural effect that the color is supposed to provide. It's yucky 90's mascara and they should reformulate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by maquillaje8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a Mascara lover. I wear mascara all the time, (except for the beach and/or pool). I took a chance to try Borghese superiore mascara, purchased at a half of the price, and i really like it for daytime wearing. Easy aplication, no clumps, no flakes, you got separated and long eyelashes but looking very natural, almost like you are not wearing mascara. My eyelashes look moist, and it so light that you dont feel like you are wearing mascara. So i think i am going to buy this again for daytime / daily use.
My eyelashes look better with Rimmel London Magnifier, in less timing aplication, but once it dries, lashes are a little bit hardened. That's the difference besides Borghese Superiore, soft, natural looking, and healthy eyelashes.

My Favorite mascaras are:
1) Estee Lauder (Magnascopic: to truly get magnascopic eyelashes, and Sumptuous: for separate,long and easy to the sides eyelashes) Both mascaras are light on the eyelashes, not heavy.
2) Rimmel London: Magnificent for big, separate, fan looking perfect eyelashes and saving money, little stiffness but not a big deal.
3) Borguese Superiore Mascara ( i think i am going to use this instead of Rimmel Magnificent)

I didn't give Borguese Superiore Mascara 5 points, because: no volume, no thickness, is more like a daytime mascara like i said.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No