Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Red Passion

on 12/2/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this lip gloss. I have searched for the perfect red to suit my skin tone and this is it. I can't tell you how many times I've bought a red lip gloss or lipstick, only to find that it looks like I smeared ketchup on my lips. I think the formula of this gloss is perfect too. It instantly moisturizes, yet it doesn't slide off my lips and make a mess like some moisturizing glosses do. It also lasts a decent amount of time. And if you pair it with a lip liner, it'll last even longer. Also, I have found that even when it wears off, the color tends to lightly stain my lips a flattering shade (which is great for me, because my lips are NOT very pigmented at all). I would definitely recommend this color for just about all skin tones AND for those who suffer from dry lips and need that extra moisture.

on 10/22/2012 12:11:00 AM

This is such a pretty red. It is pigmented enough to wear on it's own, but I love it over the top of any red lipstick, such as MK's "Red". I get compliments every time I wear this.

on 6/7/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

In a word, GORGEOUS.

I ordered a set of mini-glosses and this was one of the colors contained in it. It's a beautiful shade of red with gold flecks. This is one of the few lip glosses I've tried that has enough pigment to stand alone without a base lipstick color under it, yet it's not a scary "here-come-BudgetDiva's LIPS" in-your-face red. It also had some serious lasting power and didn't go pink or orange but stayed a true red.

If you've been looking for a wearable red gloss, I'd recommend at least trying a travel size of this beauty. In fact, all of the colors I received in this mini-selection was gorgeous and completely wearable. I intend to buy full-sized tubes of all of them. I scored my set on Ebay for under $12 and well worth every penny.

on 12/30/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Finally a universal red color that looks beautiful on any skintone! It's not a blue based red, so it won't turn pink on you. It leans towards an orange/golden base red. I see flecks of gold in it which is unique from any other red lipgloss I've ever tried. I pair it with MAC's Half Red lip liner. It's an everyday red that doesn't "scream" in your face. A must try and it lasts relatively long and isn't sticky at all. It makes my lips look moist and full. The picture above is exactly what it looks like on my lips.

Popular Lip Glosses