Borghese Fango Active Mud for Face and Body

4.3

Water (Aqua), Bentonite (CI 77004), Propylene Glycol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond Oil), Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen Amino Acids, Adenosine Triphosphate, Mineral Salts, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trisodium EDTA, Talc, Fuller's Earth (Solum Fullonum), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citonellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77289), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/29/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for a zillion years now. I may try out others but always come back to Fango. Great mask for a very decent price. You can often get special pricing/kits on Evine.

Agree with pp's to follow the instructions: apply it LIBERALLY and DO NOT it dry completely. Not sure what in the ingredient deck could cause the little tingle , but Sensitives may not like it -try the Borghese Delicato instead.

on 2/18/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm a mask junkie and have tried too many masks to count, both drugstore and high end. This is my favorite mask of all time that isn't specifically moisturizing or an overnight mask. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions but sometimes it gets congested and that's when I use this lovely product. The texture is extremely thick but easy to spread on the face. This is one of those masks where one use is all you need to get instant results. After that, you'll be hooked. It is so effective for decongesting the skin, clearing the pores, minimizing pores, and improving the texture of the skin. By this, I mean the skin becomes smooth, even, and toned, and bright because of the mask's exfoliating properties. But unlike a lot of masks, this does not leave the skin dry or tight but slightly hydrated. Also, whenever I get occasional acne, this is what to use to treat it. The unique thing about this mask is that none of these effects are short term like many masks, but last quite a while. The only problem is that it stings. I think the packaging says that it can tingle, but it burns on me. I do have very sensitive skin, though, so I doubt this will be a problem for everyone. I know a lot of people wait for it to dry and the packaging says wait 2-5 minutes, not to let it dry and rinse it off with a sponge. I've tried it both ways and find that the way where you only keep it only 2-5 minutes and rinse it with the sponge is most effective. I'm not sure why, but it's the most decongesting, exfoliating, cleansing, and hydrating. I'm almost sorry to have discovered this because it's legions better than my other favorite decongesting/clearing/exfoliating masks, like TheBalm's Blueberry Mask and Catastrophe Cosmetic (although they are both still incredible), but so much more expensive. But seriously, amazing mask, I recommend it to everyone.

Edit: I forgot in the original review to mention how much I love the sponge that comes with this. I use it to take off all masks and sometimes even cleansers and scrubs. It helps exfoliate and make my skin smooth and even. Seriously, this product has it all.

on 12/9/2014 6:26:00 AM

So-so product, doesn't visibility clear out pores. (Compared with Skinfood's black sugar, which i recently discovered, that one is amazing).
This clay mask is refreshing and a jug lasts awhile but is still overpriced.

I used this mask several times a year for over 10 years. It was the only oil absorbing mask I ever really used. It is excellent at removing excess oil. Apply a THICK layer and leave for 10 minutes, rinse. You will notice a difference after the first use. I stopped using it a few years ago, as my skin went from combo to dry. If you're acne prone, and or oily, try this. You'll love it.

on 5/11/2014 10:46:00 AM

Love this cute bottle of green mud! I used to use Queen Helene but probably won't go back again since discovering this one. Every time I use it, I feel like I'm doing an expensive facial spa at home. The texture just feels so luxurious and the smell is heavenly. I use this once a week. I just followed the instruction and put on a thick layer and wait for about 10 minutes then rise it off, it's probably easier to do it in the shower so the green mud doesn't splatter everywhere around your sink. Now what I love the most about this product is that after I rinsed it off, I can actually see some whiteheads (yuck I know) sitting on top of my skin that I can just wipe off with cotton pad and then rinse again, moreover my skin actually feels a little moisturized after using it, unlike most mud/clay mask which tend to dry my skin out. It's just a lovely product overall that deserves a great recommendation!

on 7/11/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The only reason I got this product was because of my acne. I saw so many people were raving about it so I had to try it. It's alright. Yes, I guess it does make my pores smaller but it doesn't help with acne at all. I know it isnt mainly to heal acne, I was just expecting more

on 7/1/2013 3:38:00 AM

The ONLY problem with this mud is that NOONE uses it correctly. you put it on as thick as possible and DON'T let it dry. this mud works like a hose on concrete pressure pushes the aqua di vita into the skin and pushes dirt out so you can't put it on thin...thin is for clay masques that suck out impurities...mud is put on thick to push the good stuff into the skin. I like to put it on in the morning go pee, make my coffee and rinse it off in the shower. It will stain so I have a special dark grey wash cloth I use to take it off...I also like to apply it with flat spoonish instrument...I use this to scrape it off when I'm done as well.

on 6/12/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product! I have acne prone skin and do suffer from hormonal break outs and this product works wonders. I see instant results. This product really deep cleans and tightens my pores. In the past I have made my own mask using Bentonite Clay mask, St Ives, and Proactive and they have not matched Fango by far.

* Use on clean skin and maximize results by exfoliating 24 to 48hrs beforehand.

on 6/10/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this mask.. it's great for soaking up oil on my face and chin. I tried using it on my body and it was kind of a mess and difficult to wash. It's good to use on your face only. Do not put it on any dry sensetive. Mine are my cheeks and they BURNED. The container is so cute and I'm thinking of keeping it.

on 1/10/2013 10:14:00 PM

Love this face mask. I use it once a week to help clean out my pores and it works really great! My skin is whiter and glowing right after using it. I really love the scent too. I have acne prone skin and this helped me clear my skin. I highly recommend it to everybody.

Popular Masks