October 22, 2014 | 1808 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - TEI Spa - The Point

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using this device and will update accordingly once I have used it for several months. I wanted to comment on how this product works. Here is what it says from the TEI Spa website:

HOW IT WORKS: The Point utilizes a micro-current; a gentle, safe, low level electrotherapy to lift and firm fine lines and wrinkles, reduce puffiness as well as increase product penetration. The Point has a targeted active delivery system which allows you to zero in on areas of concern with maximum results. Enhance your results when used in conjunction with our 24 Karat Gold Firming Serum. Our brightening and hydrating platinum active firming gel combines the anti-aging effects of 24 Karat Gold, hydrating properties of hyaluronic acid, calming chamomile and rose flower extract and multiple peptides to deliver visible wrinkle reduction and prevention while firming and toning the skin. Experience the benefits of a professional Spa visit in the comfort of your home with just minutes of use a day."

The gold in the serum is tiny flat specks of gold which I cannot see as adding any benefits to the skin since they are too large to be absorbed - but they may add in the electric charge of the tool. The tool has 5 settings and it beeps while in use letting you know to move onto the next area with circular motions with each beep. At first I did not think it was working and set it to "5" while using it under my eye. The skin started to quiver directly under the tip and I knew it was working! I have only used it 2x with the serum it comes with and use it on the setting of 3 since I do not feel the charge - only a slight buzz. The device with the serum retails for $140. The serum retails for $65 (Note: TEI Spa products do go on sale). The directions for use are not as through as what is offered online (the safe and unsafe areas). Unfortunately I used it in the unsafe eye area the first use (when I went up to a 5) and felt the charge (which did not hurt- although I could see my skin jump under the tip). The serum was cracked that came with the device and leaked out most of the contents. I will be contacting customer service and updating my results of use and experience with customer service regarding the broken serum tube. Other than that - the customer service representative was very helpful with the instructions for use with all the products I own (The Point, Oxyderm, & UltraCleanse). I would like to add that this product comes with a special battery (not a normal replaceable battery like the AA or AAA) that is suppose to last several months - although the cost of a replacement battery is only $5 from the TEI Spa website.
***Update: the customer service is wonderful. The representative I talk to directed me to return the serum. Once they receive the serum they will send me a new one and refund my shipping cost. I would like to add that I have used this for 3 days in a row 1x per day and I can see and feel results (tiny amount of soreness in muscles around the eyes after using it). This does not get rid of wrinkles (may be too soon) but it has really tightened my skin! I know it is the device because the first two times I used it on the unsafe eye area (too close to the eyes) with the serum all over my eye area with no results. The next three times I used it in the areas around my eyes (where my crow's feet stretch to) starting from the outside of the wrinkle area and working inward (avoiding the unsafe eye area). I started with the device setting on 5 and went down to a 3 closer to the unsafe eye area). I noticed tightening after using it this way the second time - and more tightening in other areas of the face (corner of the lips where starting to get frown lines) after the third use. I am going to continue use and update accordingly (maybe 5 stars?). I found in the Q&A section of the website that I am suppose to use this device in slow circular motions and move from area to area when it beeps - I was using it fast, so I will now start using it as directed.