December 20, 2014 | 1568 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Marasdoe51

I like the colors and it blends fairly well. However I bought two one in (I don't know the exact names) a wine and coral shade, and they got really gross in their containers and, to me, have a odd consistency.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by vanillatobacco

I don't have very many nice things to say about this product.
This review is for shade 15 Rose Petal, which is an orange-pink colour.

Problem 1 - How on earth are you supposed to apply this? At first I thought, "oh that looks like a nice idea" but no. No. That was a mistake. I would love to ask whoever came up with this, "how am I supposed to apply this?" Sincerely I wonder. A really frustrating experience. If you put your finger in it, it just squishes. It's all "BOUNCY" so you can't wipe it with your finger because it's like non-crumbly playdoh.

Problem 2 - It's not very pigmented, but that's not a big deal because the colour is nasty on skin

Problem 3 - Doesn't stay on at all. And even if it did, it's slimey. It's uneven to begin with, just due to the texture of the stuff. The longer it's on the more uneven it gets.

Just bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by neonsparks101

I love these blushes! My current favorite is the plum wine blush. The only con: it's hard to apply. It's hard to apply with a brush, or blending it like a cream blush with your fingers. Also, it doesn't have long-lasting stay on your face which makes me disappointed. Otherwise, these are my go-to blushes because of the great variety of amazing colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the strangest product!

PROS:
Shade selection
Once the product is on, I really, really like the color on my cheeks. ( rose petal )
It's not as dry or drying as a typical powder, yet once it's applied, it does turn powdery versus remaining creamy on the skin. That's a great feature for me.

CONS:
Damn near impossible to apply. Seriously, no exaggeration. This stuff is damn near impossible to apply no matter the method, and for me a brush is out of the question. Getting it onto fingers isn't easy, blending it on the cheek not much easier. It's almost like finger paint that has started to dry out.
Not very pigmented. Some may desire more pop.
Doesn't have decent staying power.
Because it's so difficult to blend, it can very easily move or strip off your base.
It WILL settle into pores and other indentations when over-applied with fingers or applied to dry skin.

WTF were they thinking with the consistency of this? I was hoping for a creamy powder blush and this is more like a science experiment. I just don't understand. I will use this up. Will not repurchase.
I gave it a rating of 3 overall because they have this product *almost* right.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This can be a tricky product to apply. This is not a cream blush but more of a gel-to- powder type ,as Maybelline states on it's store displays. This is a fairly decent pigmented product,not too light nor too heavy with color. It gives you a medium flush to the skin but one must blend with the fingers as the bristles on a brush can cause streaking because it's not a powder to begin with.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was always attracted to these because of the beautiful (and wide) shade range and decided to get one when Maybelline was 40 percent off.

I have the shade Fresh Pink which is exactly what it is. I'm very happy with how this looks on my skin, how it blends, and its sheen. I love cream blushes because I love dewy skin.

But it's...weird. I've found the best way to pick up product is not with my finger, but literally (and I do mean literally) stabbing it with my elf small stipple brush. After a week of use it's not a pretty picture. We expect products to perform a function, but there's also an expectation that it's an enjoyable process. I think that's an aspect of makeup application. With these, I don't have the latter sensation and it makes me not as excited to use it.

I'm torn because I think it executes well, but it's a strange process and I kind of...don't like looking at it haha

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the look these blushes give. Sooooo amazing. I got mine for 4 dollars on sale usually 7 dollars. The only bad thing I have to say is the packaging. Usually i use my stippling brush and I can't get the product to come out. So I like to use my fingers as well with some blushes to blend. I wash my hands but still dirt and dust and anything gets in the blush. I love the colors and they look totally great but packaging could be better

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this blush because I was intrigued by the idea of "bouncy" consistency and I wanted a creamy blush for a natural look. The colour range of this line isn't horrible, but all the colour did seen quite bright for my NW10 skin. I chose the pink colour with the coolest undertones I could find (fresh pink). The packaging isn't bad, as it closes firmly. The instant I touched the blush it was indeed bouncy. However, the application of this blush was a disaster. I tried everything- fingers, blush brush, stippling brush, flat top brush, beauty blender- and it all looked like a streaky, uneven mess and it had a weird gritty feeling on my face. It mixed oddly with my foundation and the colour looked clown-like on my face. It doesn't blend at all so it was basically bright pink streaks all over my cheeks that felt like sand. I don't think I'll give it a second chance and from now on I'll stick with blushes that are not cool sounding textures but rather are more practical and blendable for a subtle, nature look. I don't think this would work for any skin type, but it is fun to poke in the package lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Redhairedgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is on the pricier side and not good at all. The colour and a dewy look in hind site is perfect. But to my disappointment this blush appears very cakey no matter what... Also it takes a lot of product build up to have good pigmentation. Just not worth it- fail product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ambergray

I haven't tried these I just wanted to say to the people who review them saying they aren't good with powder, no because you've powdered your face putting a cream product over the top of the powder will break it up that's why you put it on an unpowdered face:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No