September 2, 2014 | 1878 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Naughty

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once again, the shimmery effect is subdued once I put it on. It just looks like a muddy purple on my NC42 complexion. I think this one is for the fair chicks. This is a two-coater, the formula is smooth, and dry time is average.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mysterious, smoked out, is it gray or is it purple? Swoon worthy finish and color. This is one fabulously beautiful polish. This is a dusty smoky purple leaning brownish gray polish. Very intriguing to say the least. The polish is rather thin though and took some care to apply without it running and took more dips back into the bottle than usual. It went on streaky but did even out with the second coat and this dried to a gorgeous shiny finish. I used 3 coats total. This is a polish with multiple personalities, it is neutral and chic, it is edgy and tough yet entirely feminine, it's dark mysterious and Gothic. This is a cool toned color but it has the warmth of the brown undertones. This reminds me of Essie's For The Twill Of It or Peace & Love & OPI, as it's in the same color shifting family. I found this at my local HEB and they happened to have an in-store coupon for $2 off all Revlon. This is not a dupe for OPI's Peace & Love & OPI, but it's definitely a cousin. It looks to be the creme version and the color shift is not as strong. I love this polish already. It was a great buy and it looks fantastic on my hands. It makes them look creamy white instead of lobster red or sallow yellow. I would have named this color raisin or eggplant. This was originally released as a limited edition polish by Revlon but it has now joined the core line. Yay! An unending supply should I use this all up. I will need it. This is so beautiful and perfect for fall too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Revlon polishes for years and they are usually a good value. You can pick these polishes up for little ir nothing if you watch sales. I saw "Naughty" and knew i'd be giving it a run. This one put Revlon over the top for me: it's a gorgeous fall and winter color. As others have said it's dark, but not too, neutral but definitely not boring. It's a rich and elegant purply-gray with a little added oomph.

Use a base and top and you'll get smooth, shiny, long-wearing color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

This color is the best... Yes, it's a close dupe for Chanel's Paradoxical.
It's grayish, bluish, purple with the perfect amount of shimmer. Goes with everything, day or night. It's something "special" but totally appropriate for the office. Vampy, but not. Cool, but not "too cool." It makes me happy whenever I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I originally bought this polish because I heard it was a dupe for Chanel Paradoxal. I don't own Paradoxal but judging from online swatches they look very similar! It is a dark grey-ish purple perfect for fall. I love that it is a nice darker shade, however it's not too dark or harsh and it looks great against my pale skin. It took me 2 coats to get perfect coverage and I only started to get small chips after 4 days and was very easy to remove. This is a unique polish in my collection & I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This looks like a storm in a bottle - it's mostly a dusty purple gray color, but then you spy a hint of something else swirling around, and you find yourself intrigued. "I must buy this," you say, and you do. As someone else on the board says, this shade is talented enough to be vampy and neutral at the same time - in some lights it seems like a very gray purple, and in others it turns into a bright eggplant. It does double-duty for you, like an outfit you can wear to work and then to a party afterward. It can go on your nails fully opaque in one coat, and it is in the less expensive line of Revlon's nail polishes. If you like purple, and especially if you like dusty colors, check this one out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

Affordable Chanel dupe? Yes, please! Also, as a previous reviewer noted, this was almost a one-coater. I think it can be a one-coater if you are careful about your first coat. Wonderful self-leveling formula--a little on the runny side but still easy to manage. And the color! Looks like a muted dark taupe straight-on, but get this baby under bright light and you'll see the most gorgeous flashes of purple. This is a great neutral polish with a little something special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a fabulous color! Dark, complex, yet neutral. Not toooo dark, not a vamp. It's a greyed purple with a touch of very subtle pinkish shimmer. Formula is dreamy - so easy to apply, self-leveling, creamy & glossy. Almost a 1-coater and a very unique color. Not a dupe for Zoya Kelly at all, which is a straight creme bluish grey. This is softer, and goes with everything. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, this color is called Naughty, not In Naughty...minor quibble. :)

As you probably know, this polish is essentially a re-release of Revlon's color Perplex, which is considered a dupe for Chanel Paradoxal. It's part of Revlon's Winter 2012 collection.

I love this color. I think it's very interesting and flattering on the nails. Strangely, it's both kind of a vampy shade AND a neutral. It's a dark, dusty purple (aka "gurple") with pink shimmer. I wore it on my toes for at least a week (until removing it for another color) with no chips or fading, which is pretty impressing considering I'm a swimmer. And for 5 bucks you can't beat it!