November 23, 2014 | 1255 users online

Mascara - Tom Ford - Extreme Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I curl my lashes then apply about four coats of this to get a dramatic, yet strangely feathery look. It holds a curl, looks and feels very soft, and has a glossy, healthy finish. I like that it adds volume and length but doesn't make my lashes look crazily coated in clumpy thick mascara. It doesn't have the same intensely dramatic look as YSL Faux Cils (for example), which I think is partly because this formula feels lighter and because it's not as richly pigmented. Still, I think the feathery, doe-eyed drama this gives my lashes is actually more beautiful.

It kind of reminds me of Diorshow. The brush is hugely oversized like Diorshow with a tapered end and fuzzy bristles. So it's a little difficult to hold and manevuer and I feel like I have to work harder to get to the base of my lashes without poking myself in the eye. But I haven't had any flaking or transferring and it washes off really easily, always a bonus in my book. No fragrance and it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Btw, my lashes are long but fine and have blondish tips, and I usually prefer volumizing formulas. So overall I really like this and I've been using it daily since I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Smintie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG for a dramatic look!! I adore this stuff. I'm surprised that other MUA'ers don't feel the same because this stuff is A-MAZ-ING on me. It is very black, very glossy, creates so much length and volume and DRAMA. Gorgeous at night. Wears very well on me and stays put all night (i don't wear it during the day). This stuff is COMPLETELY worth the price and I will not ever try another mascara when I am going for drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all I have to say what an amazing man Mr. Ford is. I love everything that I've tried from his makeup range except for this.
I love the color, brush, bottle, the amount you get and what it does to my lashes. The bad news is that it smudges and transfers under my eyes throughout the day.
Honestly this never happens to me with other mascaras but this was an exception.
Im really upset about this because I really love the other things he does. Especially the Shade and Illuminate.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Tlouise89

Was so excited about trying this product and couldn't have been more disappointed.
The product left black dots under my eyes throughout the day and dried out so quickly. The brush is also awkwardly huge. Would not repurchase this product, have used better drugstore products at less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MY HG! Yay!!! Love this mascara - super glossy, super black, makes my lashes long and lustrous, every lash is defined and, shock of shocks, after curling my lashes and applying one coat, yes one coat, my lashes stay that way all day until I remove the mascara. This mascara does not irritate my eyes whatsoever either, another HUGE plus. Love love love, worth every dime to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is mediocre at best. And I don't mean mediocre for the price, I mean mediocre period. Maybelline the Falsies is better. Why? Because this is kind of clumpy and not that volumizing and is all around just ok. The color is nice and dark and the packaging is beautiful of course, but this is simply not worth $40 and probably isn't even worth $20. I have several different eyelash aesthetics depending on my mood (sometime natural and beautifully separated, sometimes dramatic and volumized, etc.) but this doesn't fit any of them. My eyelashes clump immediately which is a huge problem in my book. The good news is that it doesn't flake? Also I think this was irritating my eyes (I wear contacts) because they were definitely kind of red when wearing this. For the price definitely recommend Chantecaille Faux Cils or Chanel Inimitable instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am truly and madly in love with almost every Tom Ford Beauty product (as you can see from my many other positive and glowing reviews on his awesome new line), but this mascara sadly doesn't work on my thin, short, puny lashes. The brush is too big and the formula just clumps up on me with no separation. I prefer Serge Lutens mascara comb (waterproof) and Bess Lash by Edward Bess (not waterproof).I can't believe there's something in Tom's incredible and fabulous recently launched line I can't use, but this is the one and only NO for me for me amidst a beautiful line of top notch TF products.

UPDATE: A TF SA heard my complaint about this and suggested I apply and let my regular mascara dry and then just add a little of this to the upper, outer lashes for some extra drama and it works pretty well, although the difference is not THAT dramatic. But, at least I can use the product rather than toss it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by GirlOverboard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to start by saying, I don't usually wear mascara. I have quite long lashes naturally, and mascaras by a handful of brands - drugstore & prestige - haven't done much of anything for them. Putting my faith in Tom Ford, I splurged on this. The first time I tried it, I audibly gasped at myself in the mirror. It gives a lift, a seperation of each individual lash, no clumping at all. It's, by far, the best mascara I've ever laid my hands on - and I've tried many. I'm so far into love with this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No