September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lips - Sephora - Give Me Some Lip Favorites

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great sampler of pink and nude lip glosses. With two fullsized products (Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte, which sells for $24 on its own, and a Sephora lip balm which I think goes for $9 or $12), it's a good deal. These are good neutral colors, all of which worked for me except for the Hourglass (fleshy beige, not my style). It's a cute little gift for someone or a neat way to sample 5 products for basically $5 each. What I disliked about it (and why I'm returning it) is too many of the products had strong, candy-like offensive smells. I find this a common lip gloss problem and one reason I am really picky about lip gloss. I reviewed each item separately so I won't do that here. Overall, I'd suggest trying the items in-store if possible and if you love even a few of them, then this is a great deal for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This collection is a great deal ($25) and a wonderful way to sample several different brands of glosses/lipstick, many of which smell great and have a good consistency. I also liked all the scents. That said, I really don't like the colors. They are WAY too nude for me (and I generally wear a fairly nude/pink lip to work) and the colors are indistinguishable (at least on my pigmented lips). The Tarte Matte Lip Tint is the only one that gives some color and it's kind of a boring berry. This collection would be great for a preteen/teen or someone who generally wears clear or very sheer lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just received this as a gift set this past. Includes Bare Escentuals Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish in Leslie, Tarte Lip Surgence Lip Tint in Moody, Kat Von D Lipstick in Celebutard, Smashbox Lip Enchancing Gloss in Fame, Lacome Juicy Tubes in Rasberry Ice, and Benefit Rose Tinted Lip and Cheek Stain/Solution. The only product from this set that I would replace with something else is the Kat Von D lipstick--it's a super neutral color that I would not imagine being flattering on most people. It is okay though, because I can use it under a richer colored gloss, and it is moisterizing. All of the other products in this kit are outright AWESOME. Great quality, great gift.