December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Length Fiber Extensions- Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by cansal

Initially I was impressive with this product as it defined and lengthened my lashes quite a bit but about a week later the mascara dried out.. I might've gotten a bad tube?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lac925

I've been hearing about fibre extension mascara (ie. 3D Fibre Lash) for some time now, and upon googling it, I was astounded by the price O.O There was NO way I was forking out that kind of money for a MASCARA.

I saw Maybelline Illegal Length FIbre Extension mascara at Walmart last week, and I picked it up on the assumption that it gave the same benefits of the more expensive kind...and it DOES! Today was the first day I put it on, and it made a HUGE difference compared to my usual mascara (currently, I've been using the Bombshell duo mascara from Maybelline). No matter how much I curled my lashes, the mascara would usually weigh them down and they'd be straight again - even after curling them AFTER application. With Illegal Length, I just needed to curl them ONCE and they held the curl ALL DAY :D And I could actually SEE each individual lash! I don't mind the skinny wand as it's easy to handle and get into the very corners.

As for the "waterproof" part, I didn't find it all that difficult to remove with eye makeup remover pads.

I think this will be my new HG of mascara, and I plan to stock up if it goes on sale! It works, and it's reasonably priced! Thanks, Maybelline! PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS ONE!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by beedreaux

I love this mascara, but there are a few drawbacks. The mascara is very waterproof and had to get off of the lashes at the end of the day. If you wear for a VERY extended amount of time it will flake off a tad. When building lashes, if the mascara is a little old/dry IT WILL GET CLUMPY (unlike its non-waterproof counter part). I try to use the other version as much as possible, but certain event call for this formula, which is not my ultimate favorite. But, it is a great price for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best drugstore mascaras that I've tried recently. I give it five stars for its ability to hold a curl and lengthen lashes and five for ease of removal. However it's not truly waterproof, hence the ease of removal and it does tend to flake a very tiny bit. All in all my current favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by kkay123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little surprised by the reviews but nevertheless I love this mascara! It might come across as too natural for some people but personally I find that you can build layers and layers on your lashes with this mascara.
The most important factor to me when choosing a mascara is definitely can it hold a curl for the entire day (or at least for long hours). This mascara does exactly that! When i get home after a long day, say at least 8 hours, my lashes are still nicely curled.
My lashes are long to begin with but for some reason I really like the look of longer lashes. I apply 2 coats of this mascara to my top and bottom lashes and I get many questions from people asking whether my lashes are naturally that long and how it isn't clumpy.
Some cons would be:
- You really notice the difference in the product from the first time you use it and 2 months onwards. The formula is on the dry side and some people do not like that.
- A little flakey. Not a big deal to me.
I'd recommend this mascara for people wanting a curl to hold all day with length.
One lippie off because I believe I can still find a better mascara! But for a drugstore mascara, this is really well-done by Maybelline.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara ever, I'm surprised that the reviews aren't higher, but I guess everyone feels that way about their favorites.
My eyelashes are flat as pancakes, it's so hard to hold a curl, so many mascaras weigh my lashes down, so even after I curl them they end up going straight again, it's really frustrating. Also my eyelashes are super long, people ask me all the time if they are fake, when I curl them out wearing this mascara they freak people out sometimes and I'd be lying if I said I didn't kind of enjoy it.
These stuff really does add 4 mm of length to your lashes, it's not an exaggerations. This space-y light brush also makes it easy to get every lash, and the formula is light so it doesn't weigh my lashes down.
Compliments on eyelashes are rare and a little weird, but I get them wearing this stuff. I once had my friend's dad ask me if I was wearing fake eyelashes sitting 10 feet away from me, that's how noticeable they are.
The only con is that sometimes the extension part flakes off, so I'll see a little black crumb or two, but it's really nothing noticeable, you really have to look. Doesn't smudge at all and I've done a lot of activities with it, heat, water, sweat, no problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay mascara. It does make my lashes noticably longer, but you need to layer it with another mascara. Also, it is flakey. I would reccomend putting it under another waterproof mascara such as Maybelline Great Lash, a.k.a. the most waterproof mascara of all time. The brush on this mascara is a bit skinny and not very dense, so you need to apply quite a few coats to even get a decent amount of product on the lashes, however it does layer well if you've got the time to work with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by McMeowTin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like to use this mascara as a 'primer' to hold my curl and after to un clump! i love this stuff so much. The brush is a little to long but whatever! oh one more thing, i can never get the lid/brush to properly close but it hasn't dried out so that's good!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by KristiCho

This mascara is just ehhh for me. I like how it doesn't clump and looks natural but it seems almost dry. It was on sale for $6 so it was a good deal and I never keep tubes of mascara for longer than 3 months anyway (no eye infections here). I don't normally buy waterproof mascara because I feel like I have to rub my lashes like crazy to get them clean. Next time I will pay closer attention to what I'm buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Jmoonlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, the ONLY mascara I use! I've been using it since the "Lash Stiletto" was discontinued and they are basically the same. I've tried pretty much every brand of mascara on the market, and this is the only one to ever satisfy me. It's very long-lasting and def. waterproof ! Love, love love <3