Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions- Waterproof

3.4

on 1/3/2015 7:16:00 PM

This has been my go-to mascara for over a year now and I love it! I have naturally very short lashes and this mascara works so well and actually extends my lashes a lot. I use it every day and it always lasts all day no problem. I find when I use this mascara that I don't even need to curl my lashes because it does it for me.
The only problem is sometimes if you try to layer it too much it will clump a bit but usually this isn't an issue. Also it can be hard to get off because it is so waterproof but the make up remover wipes that I use work fine to get it all off.
I love this mascara and it's definitely worth it for the low price

on 8/23/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Initially I was impressive with this product as it defined and lengthened my lashes quite a bit but about a week later the mascara dried out.. I might've gotten a bad tube?

on 7/26/2014 8:37:00 PM

I've been hearing about fibre extension mascara (ie. 3D Fibre Lash) for some time now, and upon googling it, I was astounded by the price O.O There was NO way I was forking out that kind of money for a MASCARA.

I saw Maybelline Illegal Length FIbre Extension mascara at Walmart last week, and I picked it up on the assumption that it gave the same benefits of the more expensive kind...and it DOES! Today was the first day I put it on, and it made a HUGE difference compared to my usual mascara (currently, I've been using the Bombshell duo mascara from Maybelline). No matter how much I curled my lashes, the mascara would usually weigh them down and they'd be straight again - even after curling them AFTER application. With Illegal Length, I just needed to curl them ONCE and they held the curl ALL DAY :D And I could actually SEE each individual lash! I don't mind the skinny wand as it's easy to handle and get into the very corners.

As for the "waterproof" part, I didn't find it all that difficult to remove with eye makeup remover pads.

I think this will be my new HG of mascara, and I plan to stock up if it goes on sale! It works, and it's reasonably priced! Thanks, Maybelline! PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS ONE!!!

on 7/25/2014 10:25:00 PM

I love this mascara, but there are a few drawbacks. The mascara is very waterproof and had to get off of the lashes at the end of the day. If you wear for a VERY extended amount of time it will flake off a tad. When building lashes, if the mascara is a little old/dry IT WILL GET CLUMPY (unlike its non-waterproof counter part). I try to use the other version as much as possible, but certain event call for this formula, which is not my ultimate favorite. But, it is a great price for what you get.

on 5/26/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best drugstore mascaras that I've tried recently. I give it five stars for its ability to hold a curl and lengthen lashes and five for ease of removal. However it's not truly waterproof, hence the ease of removal and it does tend to flake a very tiny bit. All in all my current favorite.

on 5/6/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

A little surprised by the reviews but nevertheless I love this mascara! It might come across as too natural for some people but personally I find that you can build layers and layers on your lashes with this mascara.
The most important factor to me when choosing a mascara is definitely can it hold a curl for the entire day (or at least for long hours). This mascara does exactly that! When i get home after a long day, say at least 8 hours, my lashes are still nicely curled.
My lashes are long to begin with but for some reason I really like the look of longer lashes. I apply 2 coats of this mascara to my top and bottom lashes and I get many questions from people asking whether my lashes are naturally that long and how it isn't clumpy.
Some cons would be:
- You really notice the difference in the product from the first time you use it and 2 months onwards. The formula is on the dry side and some people do not like that.
- A little flakey. Not a big deal to me.
I'd recommend this mascara for people wanting a curl to hold all day with length.
One lippie off because I believe I can still find a better mascara! But for a drugstore mascara, this is really well-done by Maybelline.

on 5/5/2014 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite mascara ever, I'm surprised that the reviews aren't higher, but I guess everyone feels that way about their favorites.
My eyelashes are flat as pancakes, it's so hard to hold a curl, so many mascaras weigh my lashes down, so even after I curl them they end up going straight again, it's really frustrating. Also my eyelashes are super long, people ask me all the time if they are fake, when I curl them out wearing this mascara they freak people out sometimes and I'd be lying if I said I didn't kind of enjoy it.
These stuff really does add 4 mm of length to your lashes, it's not an exaggerations. This space-y light brush also makes it easy to get every lash, and the formula is light so it doesn't weigh my lashes down.
Compliments on eyelashes are rare and a little weird, but I get them wearing this stuff. I once had my friend's dad ask me if I was wearing fake eyelashes sitting 10 feet away from me, that's how noticeable they are.
The only con is that sometimes the extension part flakes off, so I'll see a little black crumb or two, but it's really nothing noticeable, you really have to look. Doesn't smudge at all and I've done a lot of activities with it, heat, water, sweat, no problems.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is an okay mascara. It does make my lashes noticably longer, but you need to layer it with another mascara. Also, it is flakey. I would reccomend putting it under another waterproof mascara such as Maybelline Great Lash, a.k.a. the most waterproof mascara of all time. The brush on this mascara is a bit skinny and not very dense, so you need to apply quite a few coats to even get a decent amount of product on the lashes, however it does layer well if you've got the time to work with it.

on 4/27/2014 7:13:00 PM

i like to use this mascara as a 'primer' to hold my curl and after to un clump! i love this stuff so much. The brush is a little to long but whatever! oh one more thing, i can never get the lid/brush to properly close but it hasn't dried out so that's good!

on 4/7/2014 9:59:00 PM

This mascara is just ehhh for me. I like how it doesn't clump and looks natural but it seems almost dry. It was on sale for $6 so it was a good deal and I never keep tubes of mascara for longer than 3 months anyway (no eye infections here). I don't normally buy waterproof mascara because I feel like I have to rub my lashes like crazy to get them clean. Next time I will pay closer attention to what I'm buying.