September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Master Drama by Eyestudio Cream Pencil in Sapphire Strength

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to give this a good review, because the color really is beautiful. Unfortunately, beyond that, I don't like this much. The formula is much too dry for me, it's not creamy and smooth at all. It tugs and skips when I put it on. It's hard to build the color because when you go over it more than once, it gets patchy. It comes off on my eyelash curler, even after plenty of time to set. Wear is just ok. It doesn't seem to wear off at my watery outer corners, like some liners do, but it does smudge a bit to my lower lashline, after only about 4 hours. I got it for 50% off at CVS, and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. My UD, Prestige, and Sephora liners are much better. I'll probably try to use it, because it really is a pretty sapphire blue, but I wouldn't buy it again, and wouldn't recommend it. The Prestige Total Intensity liners are in the same price range, even maybe a bit cheaper, and are much better liners. I generally like Maybelline, but sadly this was a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Hautest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the lookout for an eyeliner to replace Mary Kay Navy. I found the Sapphire Strength eyeliner in Target and decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did. I love the color; it is a vibrant cobalt blue. It shows up beautifully on my African American skin. It is bright enough, but not so bright that it looks like you are wearing your daughter's makeup.

There is no way to sharpen the pencil, so if you like to draw a super thin line, this product will not work for you. I don't draw a super thin line, so it works extremely well for me. I love the way it just glides on. And it stays put all day; no smudging. I will definitely buy this product again.

ETA: I still love this liner, but it has a tendency to smudge when used on the waterline.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Roselovita7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hell to the no! I will never buy this again! I only used it once and the sharpend tip was gone and the colour is great but it sucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color on this is a really vivid deep blue that oddly looked great with my lighter blue eyes- I get a lot of compliments when I wear this! It glides on really nicely, and does last all day. I don't wear it in my waterline, so I can't comment on that. The only problem I had with it is that teeny clumps of it kept appearing on my hands and face all day. Nothing that anyone else would notice, but that is why I gave it 4 out of 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of these: In charcoal and amethyst, it's really nice! I like having the best of pencil and liquid in this cream pencil. It's easy to apply and looks really good when it's on. The only problem, you can't really sharpen the tip, and it dulls down really quickly which means you have to get REALLY good at applying eyeliner if you don't want a thick line across your lid.

The packaging: is really good only real complaint is that it takes a while to get it to start moving and then it REALLY moves.

Pros:
-easy to use
-easy to smudge and fix if you mess up while applying
-good color and consistency
cons:
-can't sharpen
-initially have to twist a lot

Overall:
Really love the product, does what i'm looking for. And removed easily with make-up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

I have this in both black and silver, and I must say I was really surprised. I haven't much liked Maybelline products in the past, but these are incredible! The black is my favorite- it applies super smoothly, and sets almost instantly. After that, it's totally smudge-proof! It's almost like a liquid eyeliner! The only downside is that it can be a little hard to remove. The product itself gets 5 stars, but the packaging gets 4 stars because it can be very hard to twist the top. I highly recommend this, however!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging says its for 24hr wear, so these are the key words to look for when deciding on which longwear makeup to purchase from Maybelline. The Cream Pencils glides on easily, are pigmented, waterproof and doesn't budge or smear like UD 24/7(ahem). The color sets instantly once applied. They are also automatic pencils which give a fine line and portable compared to pot gel liners. The Sapphire Strength is a beautiful deep vibrant navy blue with touch of shimmer. I had bought the one in black when it first came out and the tip on that broke instantly and had a problem with the twist mechanism. The colored ones doesn't seem to break off that easily as the black one or maybe they fixed the problem already.