December 19, 2014 | 1474 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Master Drama by Eyestudio Cream Pencil in Sapphire Strength

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is the most striking blue eyeliner I've ever owned; at that level of color, I was surprised at how wearable and long-wearing it is.
Sapphire Strength is a very accurate kenning for this color. It's a deep cerulean, and its intensity is buildable to the point of satin-esque, deeply opaque blue. This color really adds depth and definition to my brown eyes, and I have not had problems with it fading. In order to get the color flowing, you need to have a heavier hand when applying this liner; you need to go over your lashline a few times in order to see its potential. I suggest warming it up a bit, since it doesn't draw well if it's cold. However, the resulting color is well-worth it, and looks simply stunning. Love.
This eyeliner is not as smooth as some; like aforementioned, you may need a bit of arm power to really achieve the best effect. It's not waxy per se', but it's not creamy, either. However, I don't really mind.
Now, its staying power is incredible. I think someone below might have said how this product has 24 hour wear, and that is accurate to a t. Even though my outer corners tend to mess up my lower lash eyeliner, this one stays true for the entire 19 hours or so per day that I have makeup on. (I use primer underneath.) It doesn't need touchups at all, either. Its staying power is pretty much what I'd consider ideal.
The one thing that is a downer is the packaging. Idk if it's just mine that does this, but you really need to twist and to twist in order to get it out of the tube, and it won't twist back down. In fact, I'm having problems right now, since the eyeliner needs to be twisted out a bit more, but it does not want to cooperate. I'm worried that I'll have to repurchase this liner- I might not even be able to get full use out of it.
Its price is at about the median of drugstore eyeliners, like $8, which is a reasonable price to pay for such a great product. I highly recommend this liner, but only if you're patient enough to deal with its packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to give this a good review, because the color really is beautiful. Unfortunately, beyond that, I don't like this much. The formula is much too dry for me, it's not creamy and smooth at all. It tugs and skips when I put it on. It's hard to build the color because when you go over it more than once, it gets patchy. It comes off on my eyelash curler, even after plenty of time to set. Wear is just ok. It doesn't seem to wear off at my watery outer corners, like some liners do, but it does smudge a bit to my lower lashline, after only about 4 hours. I got it for 50% off at CVS, and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. My UD, Prestige, and Sephora liners are much better. I'll probably try to use it, because it really is a pretty sapphire blue, but I wouldn't buy it again, and wouldn't recommend it. The Prestige Total Intensity liners are in the same price range, even maybe a bit cheaper, and are much better liners. I generally like Maybelline, but sadly this was a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Hautest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the lookout for an eyeliner to replace Mary Kay Navy. I found the Sapphire Strength eyeliner in Target and decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did. I love the color; it is a vibrant cobalt blue. It shows up beautifully on my African American skin. It is bright enough, but not so bright that it looks like you are wearing your daughter's makeup.

There is no way to sharpen the pencil, so if you like to draw a super thin line, this product will not work for you. I don't draw a super thin line, so it works extremely well for me. I love the way it just glides on. And it stays put all day; no smudging. I will definitely buy this product again.

ETA: I still love this liner, but it has a tendency to smudge when used on the waterline.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Roselovita7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hell to the no! I will never buy this again! I only used it once and the sharpend tip was gone and the colour is great but it sucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color on this is a really vivid deep blue that oddly looked great with my lighter blue eyes- I get a lot of compliments when I wear this! It glides on really nicely, and does last all day. I don't wear it in my waterline, so I can't comment on that. The only problem I had with it is that teeny clumps of it kept appearing on my hands and face all day. Nothing that anyone else would notice, but that is why I gave it 4 out of 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of these: In charcoal and amethyst, it's really nice! I like having the best of pencil and liquid in this cream pencil. It's easy to apply and looks really good when it's on. The only problem, you can't really sharpen the tip, and it dulls down really quickly which means you have to get REALLY good at applying eyeliner if you don't want a thick line across your lid.

The packaging: is really good only real complaint is that it takes a while to get it to start moving and then it REALLY moves.

Pros:
-easy to use
-easy to smudge and fix if you mess up while applying
-good color and consistency
cons:
-can't sharpen
-initially have to twist a lot

Overall:
Really love the product, does what i'm looking for. And removed easily with make-up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

I have this in both black and silver, and I must say I was really surprised. I haven't much liked Maybelline products in the past, but these are incredible! The black is my favorite- it applies super smoothly, and sets almost instantly. After that, it's totally smudge-proof! It's almost like a liquid eyeliner! The only downside is that it can be a little hard to remove. The product itself gets 5 stars, but the packaging gets 4 stars because it can be very hard to twist the top. I highly recommend this, however!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging says its for 24hr wear, so these are the key words to look for when deciding on which longwear makeup to purchase from Maybelline. The Cream Pencils glides on easily, are pigmented, waterproof and doesn't budge or smear like UD 24/7(ahem). The color sets instantly once applied. They are also automatic pencils which give a fine line and portable compared to pot gel liners. The Sapphire Strength is a beautiful deep vibrant navy blue with touch of shimmer. I had bought the one in black when it first came out and the tip on that broke instantly and had a problem with the twist mechanism. The colored ones doesn't seem to break off that easily as the black one or maybe they fixed the problem already.