L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

on 7/20/2015 2:36:00 AM

Pretty colors, but the pigmentation is incredibly lacking. I have to swipe this continually to build up any noticeable color at all (and my lips are not that pigmented); and I do not like having that much lip product on my lips, bc then it obviously tends to slide around. Somewhat moisturizing, but as soon as the product wears off, so does the moisturizing aspect. So, if you are looking to get this for the 'balm' aspect in hopes of making your lips moist and soft (other than while the product is actually on), I would not recommend. Also wears off very fast. I know in general balms are not very pigmented, but this is quite lacking.

It's a shame that the performance of these is lacking, I generally have luck with most L'oreal products, and it is a shame that this is not a better product, bc the colors are quite lovely. They are quite easy to apply, so there is that.

I do not detect a scent at all with these..? If they have one it is very faint.

All in all I would not recommend. These might be nice for some on lazy days, 'no makeup' look days, but for me, I prefer slightly a little more pigmentation on my lips, even on those days. These basically just make me look like I just licked my lips......? :/

on 7/1/2015 6:50:00 PM

Honestly could barely tell that it was on. I recommend the cover girl brand! A lot better product worth your money

on 6/2/2015 9:06:00 AM

I Love these balms! I own three shades now - Heavenly Berry (very sheer, not much pigmentation, but it's a beautiful shade) and just bought the other two last night - Plush Plum and Fiery Red. I love the feel of this balm - buttery smooth, adds a nice shine and a sheer pop of color. The fiery red by far is the most pigmented shade I've run across so far. I can apply the Heavenly Berry without a mirror, just like I do chapstick. The Plush Plum and Fiery Red have more color, so I need a mirror when applying those. I've been looking for the perfect red shade that isn't as temporary as a lipgloss, but not as heavy as a lipstick. L'Oreal did it with this balm! Very happy with the price too.

on 5/24/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

had this in "caramel comfort" lying around in my drawers for a while because I didn't think i would even like the colour (got this as a gift) and boy was I wrong, I love this and I love everything about it especially the colour. these are really worth a try

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my goodness I am kind of in love with this stuff. Instant HG.

After reading about this here on MUA I just purchased this in two shades: Nourishing Nude and Rose Elixir. They are both absolutely gorgeous, sheer nudes with a delicious sweet scent and smooth, buttery texture that literally glides on your lips. They leave a subtly shiny finish that is not sticky or greasy, with a sheer wash of color. As another reviewer mentioned, these are somewhere between a typical lip balm and a lip gloss...the best of both imo, and for my daily look, they're perfect.

Pros: Buttery smooth texture.
Hydrating formula.
Leaves lips soft even after it wears off.
Beautiful shades with a sheer subtle shiny finish - great nude tones for a MLBB look.
Sleek, pretty packaging that looks more expensive than it is.
Affordable.

Cons: Not very pigmented if that's what you're looking for.
Doesn't wear for very long - needs reapplying after a couple hours.

Overall I definitely recommend. Whether you like a simple, natural look and wear this on its own or layer it over or under a lipstick or gloss for added shine and moisture, anyone will like this product.

on 3/1/2015 3:53:00 PM

ok, so I initially went out and bought "nourishing nude" to compliment my skin tone. (ie pale, oily, acne prone, dry dry dry lips). Well, it was a little too pink and darker than I ever imagined...BUT, very silky on the lips, not drying, subtle colour (it's not a typo, I'm Canadian), but does not look like I'm wearing lipstick.
so today, I went back and bought (for 9$...yes, Canadian) "Caramel Comfort"....much better coulour on me as I HATE reds, pinks, etc...I just like nudes, but not opaque. Pleasantly surprised. give them a whirl...

on 2/21/2015 1:27:00 AM

I purchased the colour "Plush Plum"a few months ago and absolutely love the colour of this against my fair skin! It is also surprisingly moisturizing and smooth. However, I have barely been able to use this because it has a strong spf scent and taste. I am so disappointed in this but the taste is so strong it really renders it unusable - literally tastes like I'm eating sunscreen.

on 2/20/2015 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked these at first, but then I realized they have spf. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens, and even though these don't cause a full blown reaction, I won't repurchase. After the initial fruity scent fades, there's a distinct sunscreen scent/taste. I like the subtle color and shine, but not enough to buy more.

I owned two of these in Nourishing Nude and Tender Mauve. They are moisturizing and feel nice on the lips. They don't do much for chapped lips, but I dont expect them to. I originally adored Nourishing Nude and almost used it up but the longer I had it the less I liked it due to the fragrance and taste. It left a strange taste in my mouth, almost soapy. That was the reason I destashed them. I know they're still good but I just don't like the taste. They have good pigmentation. I will not repurchase as L'Oreal is not cruelty free and due to the taste.

I don't like lipsticks, but I love glosses, which I wear on top of a stain (I wear the L'oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain), I wanted something that would give my lips moisture, but would be sheer, and this balm works really well! Make sure you apply it on your hand (or a tissue), before using it for the first time as the top can be slightly dry and it won't apply as well. Very good product!