L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

on 5/24/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

had this in "caramel comfort" lying around in my drawers for a while because I didn't think i would even like the colour (got this as a gift) and boy was I wrong, I love this and I love everything about it especially the colour. these are really worth a try

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my goodness I am kind of in love with this stuff. Instant HG.

After reading about this here on MUA I just purchased this in two shades: Nourishing Nude and Rose Elixir. They are both absolutely gorgeous, sheer nudes with a delicious sweet scent and smooth, buttery texture that literally glides on your lips. They leave a subtly shiny finish that is not sticky or greasy, with a sheer wash of color. As another reviewer mentioned, these are somewhere between a typical lip balm and a lip gloss...the best of both imo, and for my daily look, they're perfect.

Pros: Buttery smooth texture.
Hydrating formula.
Leaves lips soft even after it wears off.
Beautiful shades with a sheer subtle shiny finish - great nude tones for a MLBB look.
Sleek, pretty packaging that looks more expensive than it is.
Affordable.

Cons: Not very pigmented if that's what you're looking for.
Doesn't wear for very long - needs reapplying after a couple hours.

Overall I definitely recommend. Whether you like a simple, natural look and wear this on its own or layer it over or under a lipstick or gloss for added shine and moisture, anyone will like this product.

on 3/1/2015 3:53:00 PM

ok, so I initially went out and bought "nourishing nude" to compliment my skin tone. (ie pale, oily, acne prone, dry dry dry lips). Well, it was a little too pink and darker than I ever imagined...BUT, very silky on the lips, not drying, subtle colour (it's not a typo, I'm Canadian), but does not look like I'm wearing lipstick.
so today, I went back and bought (for 9$...yes, Canadian) "Caramel Comfort"....much better coulour on me as I HATE reds, pinks, etc...I just like nudes, but not opaque. Pleasantly surprised. give them a whirl...

on 2/21/2015 1:27:00 AM

I purchased the colour "Plush Plum"a few months ago and absolutely love the colour of this against my fair skin! It is also surprisingly moisturizing and smooth. However, I have barely been able to use this because it has a strong spf scent and taste. I am so disappointed in this but the taste is so strong it really renders it unusable - literally tastes like I'm eating sunscreen.

on 2/20/2015 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked these at first, but then I realized they have spf. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens, and even though these don't cause a full blown reaction, I won't repurchase. After the initial fruity scent fades, there's a distinct sunscreen scent/taste. I like the subtle color and shine, but not enough to buy more.

I owned two of these in Nourishing Nude and Tender Mauve. They are moisturizing and feel nice on the lips. They don't do much for chapped lips, but I dont expect them to. I originally adored Nourishing Nude and almost used it up but the longer I had it the less I liked it due to the fragrance and taste. It left a strange taste in my mouth, almost soapy. That was the reason I destashed them. I know they're still good but I just don't like the taste. They have good pigmentation. I will not repurchase as L'Oreal is not cruelty free and due to the taste.

I don't like lipsticks, but I love glosses, which I wear on top of a stain (I wear the L'oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain), I wanted something that would give my lips moisture, but would be sheer, and this balm works really well! Make sure you apply it on your hand (or a tissue), before using it for the first time as the top can be slightly dry and it won't apply as well. Very good product!

on 12/4/2014 8:53:00 AM

I dont love these on their own due to pigmentation BUT I love them on top of lipstick. It gives your lipstick a little extra brightness, moisturization, and shine without being a full on lip gloss. LOVE.

on 11/16/2014 12:07:00 PM

I have these in tender mauve and nourishing nude. They are both very subtle and somewhere between a gloss and a balm. I hate lip gloss and lip stick so these are a good alternative when I want a little color. This is still a cosmetic however, so don't expect any life changing results for chapped lips lol. They are moisturizing though. I would put them up against any high-end brand, but because they're from loreal the price is right. I also use Stila's Color Balm and these are just as good in terms of quality (but not as pigmented). Great product and would definitely recommend for the person who doesn't like a ton of makeup but wants a little extra color.

on 10/29/2014 7:22:00 PM

I bought the Colour Riche Balm in 118 pink satin,I was kinda disappointed in the pigmentation.I know its a balm and not really a lipstick or lipgloss,but I thought it would have a little bit more pigment in it.Its a really pretty baby kind of pink and It has a slight tint of pink.I don't know if its just me,but it has like a candy smell to it,like cotton candy I guess,but I really like it.The scent isn't overwhelming like BAM,but its really light.It felt really smooth on my lips and it made them so soft.They looked healthier after about 15 minutes,it lasted me about 1 hour,its not long but your lips still look good after its gone lol All I can really say about this is its a great balm!