October 25, 2014 | 1080 users online

Other - Silk'n - BellaLite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I have been using this over an 8 month period and have used it 10 times and I have seen dramatic results. I used it on my bikini line, arm pits and belly area. Unfortunately, my legs are too tan so I cannot use it there. I am absolutely thrilled with the results! Let me tell you, I was one hairy monster before. I was seriously considering getting professional treatments which would have cost me a couple thousand dollars. But I decided to try this instead and figured I'd only be out a couple hundred if it didn't work. Plus since I bought it at Costco, I could return it if I didn't like it. It seemed like a no brainer to me.
I started seeing results after maybe the 3rd or 4th treatment. And then half way through, I was kind of worrying that it seemed like my hair situation was relapsing. But I guess that had more to do with my hair growth cycle than the BellaLite. I should have taken some before and after pictures. But the results are dramatic. I absolutely love this thing and am so glad I bought it! The only thing is that it seems like my arm pit hairs are more stubborn than my bikini line for some reason. I still get 10-15% hair growth on my bikini line, 20% on my armpits and 2% on my belly area. But that is still awesome for me and much more manageable than the hairy monster I used to be.

For your reference, I am asian with black hair. I tan easily which is why I can't do my legs, but for other parts of me that don't see much sun, this works great. Although, I do consistently get the sensor warning going off when I do my armpits which doesn't make any sense since my armpits are as pale as can be. I just move it to another part of my body and then when it starts working again, I go back to my armpits and then it works. So the system is a bit finicky but for results like these, it's a small nuisance that I am willing to put up with. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by hotmom23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just like the other reviewer, I bought this from Costco (I got lucky as it was discounted twenty five percent plus it comes with two extra cartridges.) From what I understand the cost of laser treatments at a spa would cost much more than even the regular price so I had decided to go for it before I lucked out with the discounts. I have very light olive skin and very dark hair on my legs especially below the knee. I basically suffer from 5 o'clock shadow and have to shave just about every day in the summer.

I have used the Bellalite three times now (each time on the lowest setting) and purposely allow my hair to grow back in to see my progress and after a lifetime of wishing there was an easy, inexpensive way to look less beast-like, I think my wish is coming true! The hair on my legs is now patchy i.e. I have bald spots! And it takes a little longer than usual to grow back in. The company says it takes 18 to 24 months to achieve full results which makes sense but the fact that I am seeing progress after only three sessions (6 weeks) is very promising. Even if it never removes the hair completely and uniformly, having patches on my legs that are hair free is enough to satisfy me. There are some of you out there who will know what I am talking about.

The cartridges are pricey and I got one to last two and a half sessions, although the company will tell you that one cartridge will give the average woman one session for your two legs, two arms, bikini and face. I didn't do my arms or my face and I am smaller than average.

I don't know if this will work for you, but from a skeptic who refused to try the NoNo and other devices claiming easy hair removal: I am glad I took the leap with the Bellalite.

P.S. I have a low pain threshold and the sensation from the light pulses on the lowest setting is totally manageable!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the BellaLite from Costco and was very excited to use it with high hopes. So far, I've only done one treatment on both my legs and bikini area, it was easy and painless to use. So far so good until next day, I discovered few dark circles on my legs and bikini area. It's getting darker and darker everyday. I'm hoping it is temporary and will fade. I am not planning to do any more treatments until the circles fades. If anyone else experience this, please let me know.
Edit: Dark circles were fading so I tried my 2nd treatment with lower intensity, level 3. I'm much happy that next day I didn't find any new skin pigmentation.
Edit: I have increased the rating on this. I'm starting to see bald patches on my legs and also new hair is very fine in compare to my dark thick hair before doing bellalite.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No