September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by stingrayting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear this quite regularly. It's a great my-lips-but-better (MLBB) shade that's flattering on my medium-neutral skin tone. It's got the right amount of rose-pink and mauve in it that makes it brighter than my natural lip colour but still look very natural. When I wear this, my complexion looks well but I don't look 'made-up' which is great for no-makeup looks.

I have several Revlon lip butter shades. When I first bought this one, I thought it looked nice but a bit boring in the tube but I actually ended up wearing this one the most.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

So after combing through MUA reviews to find some d/s gems, I ran out and picked up a few of these little guys. Berry Smoothie, Candy Apple, and something about Watermelon. (terrible with names!) The feel of these on the lips is nothing short of divine. Revlon hit a homerun with these. The texture, consistency, and pigmentation are spot on. Seriously these give h/e a run for the money. Perfect berry shade for close to all skin complexions. Even my super pale daughter looks fab in this. My one and only drawback is that it's so soft the bullet is falling apart in the package! I haven't seen any other complaints on this, so maybe it just spent a bit too much time in the heat? Nothing that a lip brush won't fix, and won't stop me from becoming obsessed with having all the colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this. I purchased Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait, and Berry Smoothie is my favorite of the two. It's a gorgeous berry-pink MLBB shade that is surprisingly long lasting. I ate a salad and I still had a little on my lips after the meal.

The texture is sheer and buttery, and initially, it feels great on my lips, but like other reviewers stated, it can feel a little dry as it wears. I will still repurchase because it looks so pretty and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The thing I love most about Revlon lip butters is that because they are sheer, they sort of just "tint" your natural lip color. Therefore, the same shade looks different on different lips. On my lips, Berry Smoothie looks like a natural "berry" shade. Not too dark, not too bright. Just perfect. I actually wore this all day on my wedding day (reapplied several times).

Some people said that this is a cool-tone color. However, on me it looks neutral. (I usually stay away from cool tones). This is my go-to shade during fall/winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only lip butter of the three that I bought which I actually wore on a regular basis. The berry-pink colour was flattering on my skintone and it was the most pigmented out of the three (other colours I bought were Strawberry Shortcake and Peach Parfait). Still, I wasn't 100% impressed with the formulation of this lipstick. It was super soft and melted very easily, which made the tube so messy. After about a year, I was too grossed out to use it anymore, it was a slimy mess! I also found that, rather than moisturising as you'd expect, these lipsticks really only made my lips a bit dryer. The one other positive with this one was that it applied fairly evenly and didn't highlight imperfections/dryness as much as the other two. Still, not worth a repurchase, especially not at Australian prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

I really like this formula and color. It's a light pinky shade, but not too light and not too pink. As has been said, a mlbb color. It has decent staying power especially considering the nice shine it has. It's moisturizing for sure, but not too slippery/lipgloss like. My lips really like this formula!

I have been using UD Rush as a mlbb, but I am going to use this for awhile as it's a bit pinker and I think better suited to my coloring (just became a blonde, LOL). Really happy with this lippie and am going to look at other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by SkyHawthorne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is amazing! Got this shade and strawberry shortcake, which unfortunately turned out to be to pink on me, but this shade is perfect, it is good for moisture and not sticky at all. It lasted for around 4-6 hours and goes on very evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by reallycarly

When I first saw the packaging it did appear a bit cheap-looking, but it does seem sturdy and durable. The only thing I do like about the packaging is you can view the actual lipstick from the top.

The texture is extremely buttery and silky! I find myself rubbing my lips together constantly because it feels so good! With one swipe it gives a beautiful, sheer berry color that creates a "juicy" and healthy look on my lips. It does have buildable pigmentation that's perfect for nighttime wear.
I've read other reviewers write they disliked the glitter in this shade but in my opinion it's barely noticeable. I tend to stray from sparkly lipsticks also, but I honestly cannot feel it on my lips whatsoever.

I do think the price is just a tad steep for the poor packaging, but the formulation and gorgeous color overpowers that minor complaint.

Love you Revlon, cannot wait to try more colors from this collection! xoxo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

Love this shade! This is more of a neutral yet bright-ish fun pink slightly cool toned berry color. I usually don't like cool toned lippies but this definitely works with my skin tone regardless. Actually funny story I got hooked on pretty little liars on netflix and they always had beauuuutiful lippies on the actresses. Thats when I went on the hunt and I swear this formula has to be what the cast wears. Anyways, pigmented yet sort of this sheer gloss lipstick hybrid that is super creamy and hydrating. Some of the other colors I know are more lipstick-y than others but this just makes your lips look succulent. Wear it sheer or layer it up- the coverage is buildable. Love the packaging and this color has turned out to be one of my fav from the revlon lip butter line and possibly what started my addiction.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased one of these and used it occasionally. Then about a month ago, I got it out and it's just like most everyone else here says -- MLBB! Not too much transfer of color and doesn't dry out lips (like most colors do). I purchased another for my vanity so I remember to use it! I love the It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi and the Christian Dior lip balm (won't purchase again because of the price).