Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie

4.3

on 7/22/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A deep pink with cool undertone. It is truly amazing how good the color payoff is while being quite sheer.

I have several different shades of Lip Butter, which is a lipgloss with good pigmentation. My favorite color is "Berry Smoothie".

on 7/22/2015 1:58:00 AM

I'm rating this high cause Revlon's lip butters in general are very good. But for me, I did not like this one. It's a cool toned berry colour and to me, I just don't look good in cool tones, at least IMO. This looked very odd on me, something about the colouring of this lipstick on my skin tone...I don't know, it just didn't look right. I'm a NC10 for reference.
I do really love Revlon's lip butters in general, they are creamy smooth and many of them are pretty pigmented. I hate the packaging though, it's hard to pull the tube away from the lid but the lipstick tube itself is pretty luxe and HE feeling to me and there's a window at the end so you can see the colour of the lipstick. It doesn't dry out my lips and somewhere between a balm and a lipstick.
Colour wise, I'll stick to Jam Fig and Red Velvet, both of which are now sadly discontinued. This tube of Berry Smoothie I gave to my sister who loves it.

on 6/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a fabulous product, something inbetween a lipstick and a lip balm. It's a gorgeous pinkish red colour with tiny specks of glitter. It's moisturising and fairly long lasting. Love!

on 5/30/2015 11:59:00 AM

I am late in the drugstore arena ( about 4 months) and this is the most satisfactory lipstick I got. As everyone says, this is sheer with a subtle soft gloss finish. The finishing ( gloss part not the color part) is almost identical to my HG now- discontinued Chantecaille pot lipgloss in Bellini . And in fact this is the sole reason I pick this up in the first place, in order to see if I can finally find the replacement. you can tell how happy I am now. Very subtle soft gloss/ shine, just like Chantecaille pot lipgloss. Now, I just have to find a way to mix the right shade as Bellini. The colour of Chantecaille pot lipgloss is sheerer than these lip butter.

on 5/22/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous, sheer medium pink berry color. Great for work/school or everyday. I really like the way this looks against my fair skin. This has no taste--I was expecting a berry flavor. The formula is very moisturizing. I would definitely repurchase. I was going to get peach parfait but it looked like it had too much glitter, so I went with this. This has a very tiny amount of shimmer that doesn't really show up on me. This is my favorite lipstick & I think this color would flatter anyone.

on 3/12/2015 1:34:00 AM

This is a very pretty neutral medium pink with a very very slight berry/mauve tone to it. I really love it! It adds the perfect MLBB tint of color to my lips and I love the soft glossy/balm like texture to it. I also LOVE that there is no sickly perfumey fragrances added to these lip butters like some others ive tried.

Wonderful! Although, be careful not to leave this in the heat at all because it will MELT for sure, since it is so soft, I actually wouldnt even keep this in my pocket.

Pros
-buttery, smooth texture
-sheer color
-moisturizing
-easily wearable
-fragrance free

cons
(none)

This is my second most-loved Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter. Sooooo obsessed with this, I wear it all the time. In love with the staying power and color. I also find these to be quite moisturizing, and I prefer them over "regular" lipsticks.

on 1/11/2015 4:53:00 PM

I am more of a lipgloss than a lipstick person, and I love the happy medium this offers. Definitely sheer, so stay away if opaque color is what you are looking for, but a wonderful natural sheen that is also hydrating and not sticky.Berry Smoothie is my favorite MLBB balm I always keep in my purse. I tried several of these after hearing about them from my favorite Youtube beauty gurus. And if you wait for a BOGO or better sale at the drugstore, they are a very good value for the quality of product you get...if you are looking for a tinted balm and not expecting them to last all day. The colors in this whole line are beautiful for girls like me who appreciate a more natural lip tint with hydrating qualities.

on 12/10/2014 6:13:00 PM

I wear this shade very often and is one of my all-time favorite lip products. It is a sheer berry color that looks very natural when worn alone (a great my-lips-but-better (MLBB) shade). This shade can also be worn on top of matte colors to give them a subtle glow. And the formula is so creamy! Whenever I wear it, I can't help but keep smacking my lips because it just feels so smooth.

on 10/12/2014 2:38:00 AM

GWP. Lovely soft shimmery pink shade, quite neutral but adds a nice lift for me (I am very pale). It's really moisturising and easy to apply.
I like the quilted packaging, but I wish there was a bit more at the bottom to hold onto when opening it.

Popular Lipsticks