October 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Skincare - Body - Nuxe - Spa Tonific Body Nourishing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is the best body cream I have ever used. It may be a bit harder to track down and it may be more expensive but its worth it. It absorbs very well, retains the moisture and is natural based. This does not give me the ick chemical sensation from cheap drugstore body lotions. Great for dry skin, has great nutty smell and is liquid in texture. Comes in an upside down tube so there is no wastage, no greasy residue on clothes immediately after application and truly moisturises all day. This is a staple I will not stray from.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cream for very dry skin. Absorbes very quickly and for that it's slightly better than one of my favs Kiehls creme de corps!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by verarespirawho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body moisturizer has a fabulous, seriously moisturizing effect on my very dry and easilty irritated skin! However, I don't particularly care for the fragrance (Fruit by the foot gum, anyone?), which is a let down from a line that touts its aroma therapeutic benefits. Both to 'dilute' the fragrance, and extend my use of this lotion which is tough to find stateside and comes with I high price tag, I tend to mix this into a bland moisturizer (such as Alba Botanica's Very Emollient Original formula, fragrance free version). More bang for your buck this way, and less of that saccarine scent I am not keen on! Sturdy flip-top 200mL tube, from France.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by abcuio

Fantastic body lotion! I bought this for around US$16 during a sale(great bargain!). The smell is divine, you feel like you're in a forest when you smell it. The texture is great, easily absorbed, yet provides perfect nourishing for my dry winter skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 8:35:00 AM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If there is one type of high-end purchase I consider to be a huge waste of money, it is body lotions. Despite this I am still occasionally tempted to buy something because of hype, impulse, whatever. In this case, I was on vacation and had left my lotion at home. That qualifies as disaster, because I must use a body moisturizer every day. I wound up buying this. It is really a very, very nice lotion, one of the only ones I have used at this price point that could compare with Curel. It also has a very nice, sugary citrus fragrance, that is gone within an hour or so. I would compare the smell to something in the Fresh line, like Lemon Sugar soap. All that said, I am still going to stick with Curel. But I could recommend it for someone who wants a nicely scented lotion and, um, I don't know -- hates going to the drugstore or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2005 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jes1

Very non-greasy, quick absorbing body lotion. Smells lovely, like citrus and tea leaves maybe? Leaves skin very soft and silky. I love the Nuxe line, and use most of the products, however, Vaseline Night Lotion works just as well and for the price, well...I just might have to save this for the occasional splurge. Wonderful lotion, and if you LOVE the Spa Tonific scent, this is by all means worth the cash, just not as a regular body lotion for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 8:26:00 PM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yummy! worth every penny! I LOVE the fragrance- it says "with Amazonian plants"- don't know about that, I would have guessed an Alpine meadow, but it is green-smelling. Consistency is thin, works into skin quickly-highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2003 9:16:00 AM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally don't spend money on high-end body lotions, as there are so many cheap and effective drugstore brands. Nuxe's Spa Tonific, however, is one product I simply can't resist. It has a very thin consistency, which I prefer, and an herbal-y scent. It sinks in immediately and leaves my skin unbelievably smooth and silky--like one of the other reviewers said, you will not be able to stop touching your skin after using this! If you purchase in Europe, it is usually between 15 to 20 euros a tube--I always pick up several when I'm in France. If you are going abroad, this is definitely a great product to try out or to bring home as a gift.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2002 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Atypical

Okay, first off: I usually like & use thick body butters because I have horribly dry skin. I am like a lizard. Yuck.

I would never have tried this if not for the samples a sweet SA gave me. This has a very nice green citrus with a light fragrant herb scent. This lotion absorbed right into my skin seconds after I applied it. Becos it's so lightweight & "runny", I didn't think this would be moisturising enough. But then , to my utter suprise ..... I woke up to amazing silky soft skin! My arms & thighs felt so incredible to my touch, so smooth! The smoothest I've ever felt! I never thought my skin can feel so nice! Just unbelievable! I couldn't stop touching myself all day after that! *lol*

While I'll still stick to Body Butters for my dry spots like lower legs, feet & hands ... the rest of my body haven't found anything better than Spa Tonifique. This is a definite must buy for me! :)

Aside: I'm not sure what they put in this put I suspect some silicon. Isn't that what makes certain lotion feel like silk? I don't really care though ... I like feeling silky smooth, like a goddess. :)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2002 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ElanaB

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great stuff. I'm bad at describing scents but it smells sort of "green" which was unusual (but not bad). What I like is that it really sinks into your skin and moisturizes well, yet is lightweight and has no greasy feeling whatsoever.