August 22, 2014 | 2085 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Riri99

this was an okay product! I loved how it mad my lashes look, but it was a tad bit flakey!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by CarlyJennifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this on sale so thought I would try it out since it said it has fiber extensions. We'll folks I am disappointed in it I find there is absolutely no fiber extensions what so ever it just looks like a normal mascara to me. I will stick to my loreal voluminous false fiber lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not impressed. I've now found a number of DS mascaras that are really nice. I used to look for those that were described as "thickening" but somehow discovered that my lashes looked both longer and thicker with the lengthening formulas. But not this one. Maybe it was the brush, but two coats were pretty much like zero--except that my lashes managed to look a little spikey. It didn't seem worth trying to fix the problem since the stuff smeared a bit and shed some tiny flakes. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by OneEvening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I after being disappointed with the last mascara I bought, I tried this one in an attempt to find something that was lengthening and I could build on. So far I'm quite happy with it, I was a bit worried the brush would be thin as I prefer bigger brushes and packaging, but this wasn't too bad. It definitely shows up well. I am finding that when I wear it I can actually see my eyelashes (I know, that sounds a bit odd...), and it does clump together a little after a few layers. I'd also like it to be a bit fuller. But on my quest to find the perfect mascara this one is definitely better than others I've used.

Edit: I've noticed that this mascara is a little hard to get off, and since wearing it my eyes seem a bit red. If you have sensitive eyes this may not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally will rotate mascaras and rarely use the same one twice, but I've bought this mascara a few times already and have to say, it's a favorite, but it does have its downfalls. It's a great formula coupled with a great brush, that's basically all I want in a mascara. I have slightly short, natrually semi-curled lashes with a pale brown color and this mascara perks them right up.

The formula is pretty heavy but not too thick or watery. As others have said, it turns lashes into "hard wires," agreed, but I'm okay with that. It elongates and fluffs up what I've already got. The only issue for me is that I'm a lash picker and this mascara will make my lashes come out more easily. If I rush home and take it off or whenever I'm able, I don't have a huge problem with fall-out or pulling/raking mascara off my lashes. True, it sort of hardens them but the way it looks is nice enough to justify me buying this mascara again. It works well for my personal "lash-needs."

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shecat111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive skin and eyes, and after months of using this mascara (and other non-natural cosmetics) I have found this to cause mild irritation to my eyes. The mascara itself is absolutely wonderful, though. I have fairly long, thin, and not very curly eyelashes. I find this not only to add incredible length (to the point where it reaches the bottom of my eyebrows!) but also to add a really noticeable amount of volume with little to no clumping. I believe I purchased the waterproof formula, and even on my EXTREMELY OILY eyelids, this stays put from 7 AM to well past 4 PM. As great as this mascara is and as much as I would love to keep using it, I hate the feeling of mild burning that comes along with it. I think if you aren't opposed to using non-natural cosmetics and you don't have sensitive skin and eyes, give this a go.

~Pros: extremely lengthening, volumizing, minimal clumping, very long wearing even on oily /hooded lids
~Cons: harsh on sensitive eyes, non-natural formula

Also, just to add, does anyone REALLY care about the packaging? I mean, if you were wondering, it's okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lattelisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Feels like hard wires.

Very hard mascara, lashes feel like little wires poking out of my eyes.
Sure, my lashes look longer, but I hate the feeling of them. They dry up my lashes and so they break easily. Not happy!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Shamim81

I only bought this based on the rave reviews of the older version. It only looked ok for the first couple of use but now only after 3 weeks of use it looks so dry and gives me spidery looking lashes. I have long full lashes and this makes them look disbursed and dirty. I like my lashes to look uniform but this makes each one point to a different direction and it sort of goopes on the lashes. Back to Telescopic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by kocean10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG HEAVEN. I have literally gotten 8 tubes of this stuff in a row. It's magical mascara. I work for a well known cosmetics company, and STILL prefer this over our brand. What seals the deal in this product for me is that you can add so so many coats of this, and it never clumps! I also coat my lashes with a MAC primer before I apply. I know a couple makeup artists who only use this mascara on clients! RUN OUT AND BUY THIS PRODUCT.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara literally coats the lashes with a bit of colour and gives a little bit of volume which is not noticeable because it weighs down the lashes a lot and does not hold a curl. It did not work for me at all and I tried applying it several different ways.