April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shecat111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive skin and eyes, and after months of using this mascara (and other non-natural cosmetics) I have found this to cause mild irritation to my eyes. The mascara itself is absolutely wonderful, though. I have fairly long, thin, and not very curly eyelashes. I find this not only to add incredible length (to the point where it reaches the bottom of my eyebrows!) but also to add a really noticeable amount of volume with little to no clumping. I believe I purchased the waterproof formula, and even on my EXTREMELY OILY eyelids, this stays put from 7 AM to well past 4 PM. As great as this mascara is and as much as I would love to keep using it, I hate the feeling of mild burning that comes along with it. I think if you aren't opposed to using non-natural cosmetics and you don't have sensitive skin and eyes, give this a go.

~Pros: extremely lengthening, volumizing, minimal clumping, very long wearing even on oily /hooded lids
~Cons: harsh on sensitive eyes, non-natural formula

Also, just to add, does anyone REALLY care about the packaging? I mean, if you were wondering, it's okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lattelisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Feels like hard wires.

Very hard mascara, lashes feel like little wires poking out of my eyes.
Sure, my lashes look longer, but I hate the feeling of them. They dry up my lashes and so they break easily. Not happy!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Shamim81

I only bought this based on the rave reviews of the older version. It only looked ok for the first couple of use but now only after 3 weeks of use it looks so dry and gives me spidery looking lashes. I have long full lashes and this makes them look disbursed and dirty. I like my lashes to look uniform but this makes each one point to a different direction and it sort of goopes on the lashes. Back to Telescopic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by kocean10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG HEAVEN. I have literally gotten 8 tubes of this stuff in a row. It's magical mascara. I work for a well known cosmetics company, and STILL prefer this over our brand. What seals the deal in this product for me is that you can add so so many coats of this, and it never clumps! I also coat my lashes with a MAC primer before I apply. I know a couple makeup artists who only use this mascara on clients! RUN OUT AND BUY THIS PRODUCT.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara literally coats the lashes with a bit of colour and gives a little bit of volume which is not noticeable because it weighs down the lashes a lot and does not hold a curl. It did not work for me at all and I tried applying it several different ways.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by o0needia0o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim during a wal-mart shopping spree, and I am not disappointed. It's seriously my new favourite mascara! I feel like I've tried every drug store brand that claims it will lengthen, but this is the only one that actually worked for me. The formula is nice - not to wet, and doesn't flake throughout the day. It gives tons of length and volume! My lashes are quite thin, so this works out perfectly for me as a day to day mascara! Great find, great price! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

Honestly, I hate Maybelline mascaras for the most part. They are always too wet for my liking. I have had this sitting in my drawer for months, and actually like it now that it has aged a little. My lashes are already very long and voluminous, this mascara really makes them pop. I only use it when going for a more dramatic look. Clump Crusher by CG is my everyday mascara. The only complaints I have here are the uglllly tube and the fact that it's. b*tch to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok, i want to make this a quick but pretty detailed review. i am an asian woman with thin, short lashes. they don't respond to most mascaras, esp wet formulas. i went so far as to not even wear mascara because my continued search was extremely frustrating. also, i'm not the kind of person who will drop money on a product that i know i have to continually replace. it's just impractical to me. i tried this product on a whim..knowing that this had actually been a popular mascara back in the day. basically, this is the mascara that i am always reaching for. it provides noticeable length, and the waterproof formula is able to hold a curl for most of your day. unfortunately, i do notice slight drooping at the end of the day, but it's not enough of a difference for me to stop using it. i think maybelline did a great job on this mascara, and if you're looking for length and volume, you will be disappointed. this is strictly about providing what it claims. thnk you maybelline for giving me a new found hope where mascaras are concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by lfeev9170

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I seem to do well with Maybelline mascaras. My all-time fave for as long as I can remember has been Great Lash, but I tried this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes are light brown and of average length, but when I apply the Illegal Lengths, it both lengthens and volumizes them! I don't have clumping at all. Every so often a fiber makes one lash much longer than the others, but it only takes a quick second to gently pull it off. This mascara makes my lashes look so pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I absolutely love this mascara! I have short Asian lashes, and while they're not actually that short, my eyelids cover them up so it's like they're not even there. Also, my lashes are naturally curled so I never have to curl them. The little fiber in this mascara work wonderes, they really grab onto the ends of your lashes and extend them. You can't really put too many coats of this ony otherwise the little fibers will stick to each other and present major clumping issues. Also, it does smudge a little during the day which is weird since I never put mascara on my lower lashes. I also love how it is so easy to wash off! If I didn't wear such powerful eyeliner, I could take this mascara off with only a little bit of normal soap and water. I wand makes it really easy to get into the inner corner, and also fan out the outer lashes. Overall, this is an awesome mascara and I definitely recommend people try it!