April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Cleansers - L'Occitane - Angelica Gel Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LaurenAtPiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I received this gift as a Christmas present, and I've tried it out for a few days. Initial reaction was good, the packaging is nice and sleek, and the cleanser is in the form of a clear gel. On the skin, despite the bottle claiming the gel 'transforms into foam', the gel does not foam easily, but smells great and is smooth to apply. After washing off, the skin feels clean, though perhaps a little dry. After using this for a few days, I noticed rashes beginning to form on my skin. Now, I NEVER get rashes. Never in my life have I had a rash on my face before, and I was surprised and disappointed to find the rash on my skin came just shortly after using this cleanser. After stopping using it, my skin became less inflamed and mostly healed.

From reading other reviews, some people have had the same problem, whilst others say the cleanser is great, so basically, buy at your own risk. This cleanser probably isn't the most suitable for oily/combination acne-prone skin, but the fact that I came up in a rash is worrying, considering the fact I don't have sensitive skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by klz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you are combo or oily skin you will love it!!! 2 pumps and it removes all your makeup including waterproof mascara!! I feel soo clean after using this. You have to try it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by strixblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, the smell is divine!! This cleans well, but i have a habbit of double washing my face every morning and night. I use 1,5 pumps each wash. I have oily skin and it gets rid of excess sebum perfectly. My face glows when i wake up. 4 lippys for a heavy price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Angelica Gel Cleanser for three weeks and I love it. I was unsure of whether to buy a gel or a creme cleanser when I decided to try L'Occitane's skin care products, but the Angelica line is marketed for drier skin types. It would be good for normal or combo skin too. Unlike many gel cleansers the Angelica doesn't dry my skin out. It is a low-lathering formula so I use three pumps to get enough lather. I also use it with my Clarisonic and it works well with that too. No breakouts, smooth, even skin, and no dryness, even in winter. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mild_breakout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the same problem with the reviewer below... The only reason I bought the cleanser is because I have recently started using the angelica moisturizer and loved it. However, my face became sensitive, and became itchy after using it. My skin was dry, became patchy, it only calmed after I applied the Aveeno eczema care cream on my face! I went to L'Occitane and asked if I can return it. However, I need to speak to the manager of the store about it. The associate told me usually the cleanser form should be more mild than the moisturizer, which has a higher concentration of the main ingredients. My guess is then I'm allergic to the cleanser but not the moisturizer. Not very happy about this purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser does a decent job but its not amazing and for the price of this cleanser, I expect it to be very good, but I didn't really find it any different from any other cleanser I've used so I wouldn't repurchase it. I've actually tried the cleanser, toner, and the cream from this line and must admit I'm not impressed with any of these products.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by maloneyxo

This product felt lovely while I was actually using it and my skin felt nice directly afterwards. However, it really quickly dried my skin out and brought me up in sore patches like eczema, and I don't even have particularly sensitive skin :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by AnnaQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful cleanser, removes makeup and impurities with VERY little effort, no scrubbing involved. My skin looks dewy afterwards and feels very soft. I'll definitely be purchasing this again.

EDIT: Have taken this down to a four, despite it claiming to be moisturising, it's a little drying for my skin. Still love it though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by TraciLeigh

I really like this cleanser. It removes all of my makeup including eye makeup. I just bought a clarisonic Mia and they have been working nicely together. I've noticed that my skin is softer and has a nice glow.