Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

2.7

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 7.12%, Octisalate 2.38%, Octocrylene 0.95%) --- Water, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Isobutane, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Calcium Carbonate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/11/2015 11:56:00 PM

I bought this foundation on clearance about one year ago. I use all ranges of coverage, but prefer something that looks "light". This is it! It goes on sheer, blends nicely, and matches my skin tone wonderfully. It takes a bit to get used to application, because you only have a small window after pumping to apply before it dries, and is a little labor intensive, but worth it once you learn how to properly apply it to your liking. Once it set on skin, it SETS. Doesn't budge. You have to shake it good for a few seconds before use (which is okay because I shake all foundation anyways) and pump in the center properly for even distribution. I think the can says to do walnut sized portions onto back of hand so I do that about 6x to cover my whole face. (It should be mentioned that usually I apply foundation with a brush but with this I use clean, dry fingers). It blends in very well and stays put on my face until I touch up my makeup a few hours later. It doesn't settle into my fine lines. It doesn't come off when my face gets wet. I use 310 honey beige and it matches my combination/sometimes red-after-a-night-of-drinking olive/slightly tan skin to perfection. I even applied it in natural sunlight (as I do to ALL new foundations) to check on the way it looks and you can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. Love that! I have worn this to the beach/on vacation, on hot days doing nothing, cold days doing everything, weddings, rainy days... And it stays put, with or without primer. My only complaint is that it's discontinued ): I will always buy this as long as it is still being sold on ebay.

A lot of people have complained about its sheer coverage. It's an air infused product! It is meant to be sheer and light. It provides a natural, almost airbrushed finish. If you want better coverage, something other than just evening out your skin tone, another product would be a better choice.
I also have no complaints about the orange-y tint it seems to have at first. Once I apply and blend all over face/neck and set with translucent powder (Maybelline Shine Free in Golden - THE best powder I've EVER used to combat the oil slick my skin has going on @ times) it looks completely flawless. My husband has even commented a few times on how I "look good without makeup on" while wearing this. And he's seen this same face, with and without makeup, for 10 years! 👍

on 6/13/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great light coverage foundation. Slightly orange but when blended looks good. Found it at Marshall's on sale for $2.48 i had been wanting to buy it for a while and i was so happy when i found it on sale. Great foundation

on 1/5/2015 4:24:00 AM

A friend let me try this cosmetic abomination she picked up. It fails on many levels. First, the texture feels unpleasant. While the foam is breaking down on the skin during application it feels slimy and a bit oily. I found it hard to apply evenly. Second, the coverage is inadequate. Sheer does not describe it. It manages to feel a bit heavy on skin but has so little ability to cover imperfections that it is just a complete waste of time. I have had more effective coverage from a tinted sunscreen such as ROC I reviewed previously.

on 12/21/2014 1:33:00 PM

I can't believe that they actually made this into a foundation...this is easily one of the worst foundations I've ever used!
I bought this on a whim because it was on clearance...I can now see why it was on clearance. Actually, I only got a chance to use this foundation once, and then, never used it again.
First off, holy orange. The day I wore it was definitely the closest I've ever come to looking like Jersey Shore actors. It looked slightly orange in the can already, but wow, it gets almost tangerine-like on my skin.
Also, the texture is so thin and so incredibly dry! It honestly feels like I forgot to wash soap off my face. It gives absolutely zero coverage, is uneven, and only makes my red areas more prominent. There is nothing that can make my skin look worse.
For staying power, it was so easy to wash off and rub off...not even powder could save it.
The aerosol can is very tricky; each time, I dispensed too much onto my hand because it's impossible to ever get a reasonable amount. It was also hard to actually press the nozzle on the can, in my opinion.
For $9, this was a waste of money. I will never repurchase or recommend this.

on 12/3/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Bought this foundation in the shade porcelain. The colour match was absolutely perfect and matched my skin flawlessly. However this foundation really has no effect. Minimal coverage, short wearing and comes off extremely easily (with a touch etc). This foundation is ideal for someone who wants a very minimal extremely natural foundation. Although I wouldn't wear this foundation out or to any occasions, its okay for wearing around the house or a quick trip to the shop. Will not purchase again due to the lack of use,coverage and wear:-) x

on 11/23/2014 8:51:00 AM

This was my first foundation I bought when I was 12. I absolutely loved it. I have pale skin but shade 20 cameo done the trick for me. I didn't have any spots or blemishes at the time so my face looked really natural with this foundation. You have to shake it a lot before you use it to make it foamy, otherwise you'll end up with orange water falling out of the bottle. It's really lightweight but it blends really well. It's really soft on your face, and the smell is nice. It stayed on my face for about 3-4 hours without powder, I didn't mind topping it up as a little bit of foundation went a long way. I got this on sale for €5 so it's probably around €8-€10 to buy. Unfortunately I don't think these are made anymore in Ireland :( this foundation is best for people with no spots or blemishes that just want a cheap everyday foundation :)

on 10/12/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this super cheap from a bargain shop, it is okay for the price I paid. I never seem happy with foundations to be fair though. That is why I swap from one product to another and never stick with the same one. All foundations are generally too dark for me as I am super pale, they often make lines and wrinkles look more exaggerated, don't cover pinkness like what I would expect, often too shiny, sticky, the list goes on... You get the picture, I've generally never had a foundation I felt has been ideal for me.

Good points: Once the product is soaked into the skin it isn't too bad of a colour for me. Smells nice. Quite natural looking. The can looks great and I feel it is hygienic.

Bad Point: Every time too much product comes out. Doesn't cover anything really.

on 9/26/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

its sticky and can sometimes be a pain to make the color come out. What I mean by that is sometimes only the foam comes out and not the color and the staying power is not that good especially on hot sunny days it doesn't last long. Just don't try this take my word and many others.

on 9/16/2014 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I HATE THIS STUFF. I saw the commercials for it and became super excited to try it. But I wish I hadn't have wasted the money on this horrible product. First if all, I bought it in the lightest shade they had, and it came out orange! I'm barely pink, let alone orange! I followed the directions on the can, like shaking it and everything, and it came out awful! It was wet and barely a foam. The color came out separately from what I assume was the foam part (which wasn't even a foam; it was more of a cream colored liquid), and it was not mixed together at all. I was immediately ready to give up, but I pushed on and attempted to USE it. But the problems did not stop there! It was impossible to blend because it dried so quickly! I had it out for about 6 seconds before it dried on my hand, leaving a large and very strange orange spot. It dried like a plastic as well. My hand and my face felt like they were coated in a film. It was by far the WORST foundation I have ever used! Never buy this!

on 8/26/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

*After using it for a week I now have 2 pimples on my cheek :( it also makes my eyes water and very sore if its applied too close to my eye..