October 25, 2014 | 1834 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ministry76

I was looking for this kind of product since my new job requires I go out and get a lot of sun. I tried it and loved it. Itīs very light and it covers my face with a little amount. I was worried about my skin, being the oily type, but I had no problem. It doesnīt add any more shine and doesnīt feel greasy. I didnīt feel the burn some people say they felt and thatīs great because I have very sensitive skin (some people are more sensitive to the components than others, I guess).
    Iīm using it before my make-up foundation and it mixes just fine, which was another worry I had because I dindīt want to stop using makeup while using a sunscreen.
    Because of the price, I could afford more than one so I have one in my home and another in my purse all the time.
    I love it and Iīll keep buying it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Evanthia

This is a great product I found it on sale at Marshalls. Very light non-greasy has great SPF coverage and the packaging is so small that it is great to travel with.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mel33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this on and off for about a year. I really wanted to like it, but I can't get past the burning sensation! I was hoping that my skin would get used to it, but it just BURNS. And it doesn't just burn right after I put it on - IT BURNS ALL DAY - it doesn't stop burning until after I wash it off my face at night! It's kind of scary. I've never had a reaction like that to anything before and I'm not going to repurchase. It's a shame because it works really well under makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally a Japanese-type sunscreen available in the US, but this might be even better than my regular go-to Anessa and all those other sunscreens (Allie, Nivea, etc.) because it doesn't leave a white cast as much. Also, it doesn't settle into fine lines. It does leave a moist finish and takes a while to dry down, but since my skin is dry that's fine with me. No break outs but that's probably because I remove with an oil cleanser at the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it on sale and have tried using it for weeks at a time in the past few months; sometimes I would think it was okay and sometimes not, but ultimately, imma have to give it the thumbs down 'cause I was using it these past few weeks and have gained a much darker tan in that time. I've also noticed that it feels like it's burning all the time lately--and I'm not referring to the burn upon application as it does not burn when I put it on; I'm referring to the burning sensation I seem to get on my face every time I go out in the sun with it on (not cool and kinda scary!).

As for the finish, I have never been happy with how oily it makes my skin look and feel. It seems to wipe off way too easily and it takes my (usually unbudgeable) liquid mineral makeup with it. I see down there that someone is saying it is supposed to be worn on bare skin BEFORE moisturizing, yet the real directions do not state this at all so who knows... I always prefer to moisturize first--especially with an spf like this cause for me at least, it's just too irritating and drying due to the chemicals and alcohol. I wouldn't want this stuff touching my bare skin anyways. Either way, it doesn't seem to offer much protection. Another strike against it is that the bottle gets all tacky and gummy around the spout and cap, which is really annoying (hate it when products do this).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

For the price, this is an unbeatable product and I've tried a number of other 'for the face' kinds of sunscreens. It leaves my face soft and dewy and it serves as an excellent primer for my daily make up routine. If you have sensitive skin (as I do), I'd recommend waiting a few minutes before putting it on after a shower -- it can sting a little bit then. But other than that, I can't say a harsh word about it. If your skin is on the dry side, you might need to apply an additional moisturizer, as the texture is very thin. But I've found it also evens out my pink undertones, so it works well as a general base and I find it provides excellent coverage from sunburn -- more so than my tinted moisturizers and concealers which contain an SPF. While it's certainly not as luxurious as comparable high end products (like Chanel's sunscreen) it's also not going to break the bank. Stands up well to the Texas summer sun. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I managed to find this on red tag sale at Target for $3 bucks and some change after using a $1 off coupon. So I was happy to get it on sale. I use this only for the beach and I do not apply any moisturizer prior to it application. It pours out like a liquid so you have to be very careful in application. I use a dime size amount as suggested by dermo and on my NC45 skintone it does not translate white or feel greasy to touch. No breakouts of any kind has arised but its probably because I don't wear this every day (I use a moisturizing sunscreen spf30). In the hot humid Florida weather it definitely holds up and I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tutanfrutan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of the positive reviews. However, I am disappointed with my purchase. I do not like the watery consistency and it feels grainy when I am applying it to my face. It also burns my skin and later on in the day if I accidentally rub my eyes, they sting. I don't even apply it near my eyes and I do wash my hands after application, so it beats me. Also, it does leave a white film on my face, so I have to apply just a tiny bit.

The good things about it are that it does not break me out and I have not gotten burned with it on so I know it works. I'll be looking for another sunscreen for my face when this one is finished.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bobbyeleigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pros of this product are: fair price, did not burn my eyes, was not greasy, and went on easily without looking like a white mask - and best of all I did not get sunburned while in Mexico for a week and I have incredibly fair skin.

The major con: this sunscreen caused major breakouts on my face that are taking weeks to clear up. My skin never breaks out and this was the only change to my routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One main thing I love about this product is that it doesn't break me out, like the neutrogena dry touch sunscreen. This l'oreal sunscreen is pretty pricey for the amount you get but I definitely would repurchase. Formula is watery and the opening looks like a dropper. The scent has the typical sunscreen smell but goes away after application. I use about 2 squirts for my whole face. Sunscreen absorbs quick into my skin and it leaves a non-greasy, matte finish. I wear this under my makeup when I need sun protection. This product also stays on my skin unless I wash it off with a cleanser.