September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Provence

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this polish! I didn't think that a lilac would become a part of my neutral-go-tos, but this polish is. The formula is great and the wear is decent. I'm going to try this next time with the CS base and top coat to see if I get more wear time out of it (I'm really hard on my nails).

The color is a great light lilac, which is neutral enough to be an interview polish or work polish. I love this color!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this color a lot. My only complaint is that I found it went seriously and unexpectedly goopy on me once the bottle got to the half way mark. Granted, I can fix it with some acetone, but just a fair warning. Provence is certainly a pale toned lavender, a true pastel in a sea of too-brights. The initial application is nothing short of a dream, and opaque in two coats. The brush tip is rounded so you can get closer to your cuticle and avoid choppy edges. It worked nicely with Seche Vite and had some really good staying power, I believe I went a week straight without anything but mild tip wear. For the price and trueness of the color, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this one kicks ass. the color is a pale lavender with a hint of grey undertone.(irl it seems a bit paler than the pic above to me) it is classy sophisticated and fun. plus it lasted a week on me, with yes a few minor dings on the tips, but i am really hard on a mani and rarely can wear anything that long. I took it off and put it right back on again, another first for me. (so many nail colors, so little time, why repeat? because this one is soo gorge and appropriate to all occasions!!)
the brush is the wider type with the curve, but it is soft and you can apply this with one coat and get a sheerer effect with minimal streaking because the brush is that good. it is a bit pricey than the average ds nail, but if you get it at walmart will be around $5.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

doesn't chip easily but SUCCCCCCH a pain in the a$$ to remove, also takes an eternity to dry. i will do my nails several hours before i go to bed but when i wake up there's imprints left in the nails, rather frustrating. beautiful color though. doesn't make my nw10 hands look ruddy. OPIs done out in deco may be of more interest, they aren't that close i believe as far as shade (never have put them side by side) but sort of the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by marlena1900

I really like this shade this is an exact dupe for Essie love and acceptance AND Zoya Kendal. I wore all 3 of them on one hand and couldn't tell which was which. Revlons formula surprisingly went on better than Essie. The Essie was so streaky but evened out after I applied a top coat. Zoya went on like a dream but for the money I would go with Revlon which was nearly half the price of Zoya with the same end results. Just two coats and it's opaque.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What It Claims:
"Gel-Like shine and up to 11 days of shatterproof color (When worn with Colorstay™ base & top coats). Colorstay nail color formula is fortified with unique ingredients that provide high impact color and gel-like shine in fashion forward range of shades and finishes. This technology is based on a unique combination of resin and high molecular weight polymers designed to provide flexible, shatterproof color with excellent color retention and gloss."

Claims - True or False?
1) Up to 11 days of wear: Undetermined (will test polish out more)
2) Gel-like shine/Gloss: True
3) Excellent colour retention: True

Packaging:
While I really like the practicality of the packaging, it looks and feels fairly cheap. It also looks a bit awkward. The cap is almost the length of my pinky and thumb, definitely the longest cap for a nail polish that I've ever seen or used. The length does give it an upper hand over other polishes, as it makes opening the bottle much easier compared to stubbier caps. It's made of a plain black plastic, which does not hinder the ease of opening the bottle. The bottle itself is a cylinder shape, so it's comfortable to hold in the hand while opening. The brush consists of two slim brushes placed together, which spreads the polish over the nail quite nicely and easily. It is similar in shape to the Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro brushes, only shorter and not as wide.The bottle lists all the ingredients, and the name of the polish is on the top of the cap.

Consistency:
This polish is a grey lilac creme, which goes on with a nice amount of gloss and applies very smoothly over the nail. One coat goes on semi-opaque and mostly smooth, with a 2nd coat offering enough added coverage to provide a fairly opaque finish; a 3rd coat is not required, but may be preferred by some. It's a semi-thin, liquidy consistency that smooths over the nails quite nicely as it dries, preventing any visible streaks or application messes. It will more likely cause a bit of a mess though due to how much flow it has, so be cautious to not use too much per coat. Dry time is decent, although it does seem to take a little while longer to harden completely. Not a polish to apply just before bed! (as a side note, I woke up this morning with one nail smudged, so definitely do not apply this one before bed. Apply it at least a few hours before).

Wear time:
I only wore this a few days before I decided to change colours, but I found that this polish had great wear. I usually start to see some subtle tip wear after the first two days or so, but I do not recall seeing any tip wear with this polish. No chipping either.

Bang for your Buck:
I paid about $8.00CAD for this 11.7ml bottle. While it seems relatively affordable, the amount given is less than many other drug store and mid-range brands, so overall the price is not necessarily that much different than pricier DS polishes or mid-range polishes.

Final Consensus:
I've yet to run a full test-drive on this polish, but so far I'm impressed with the results. For those who prefer to wear certain shades for certain seasons, I can see this shade being easily worn year-round depending on the look you are going for, as it's light enough to work in the warmer months and has enough grey to mute it out enough for cooler months. A very nice light-medium grey lilac shade worth checking out!
- Pros: Affordable, nice brush, good cap for easier opening, pretty shade, nice finish, goes on easily, only requires 2 coats for even and opaque coverage
- Cons: Somewhat slow drying time, packaging looks a bit cheap, while it is affordable the amount given is less than many other DS and mid-range brands.

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No