August 22, 2014 | 1933 users online

Conditioner - Alaffia - BEAUTIFUL CURLS Curl Nurturing Leave-In & Detangler

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Jane_Dewey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the leave in for curly to wavy hair. I bought this at Whole Foods along with the curly to kinky curl cream. I use Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus curl and shine shampoo, no rinse out conditioner. Then I apply a quarter size amount of this to my sopping wet hair, followed by a quarter size amount of the curl cream. I then follow with Batia and Aleeza bio herbal hair gel for curls.

My hair tales less time to dry. It does not dry crunchy but soft. This stuff helps my curls form. I don't know if my hair is protein sensitive, but this does make my hair feel and look stronger and fuller.

I agree with one of the reviewers who wrote, "It makes my normally dry, rough canopy feel completely smooth."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bit heavy for my hair, but it does moisturize and soften extremely well once it fully absorbs. I have the curl-enhancing version for wavy to curly hair. It contains fair-trade shea butter, chamomile, yarrow, apricot extract, and coconut oil and has a very herbal smell which fades gradually. I don't mind it. It does seem to boost curl for me and it leaves my hair shiny. It can be a bit pricey but I was able to catch it on sale at Wholefoods for six dollars. This does help with detangling as well. I apply it to wet hair and then style as usual, although I prefer to use it alone. It has enough redeeming qualities for me to use alone as a styler since it helps with frizz and takes some of the bulk away. There is also panthenol in it too so if you are avoiding protein in your products, this leave-in will dry you out over time if you're sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost five years and it works beautifully every single time. I have tried other conditioners but have come back to this one time and time again. I like my hair to be light and breezy and not weighed down, so I will wash my hair with an extra gentle shampoo every other day and apply a little bit of this to my roots after washing. My hair stays hydrated all day long! It smells great and lasts forever as only a little is needed to condition the hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have wavy hair and, once washed and conditioned, I let it air dry while I'm sleeping. I used to use curl defining gel by Beautiful Curls, but after a while I was ready for a product that would nourish my hair and define waives, but leave them soft and natural-looking. I saw that the company makes leave-in conditioners, and started applying that on my hair after shower. I have been using this product for over a year now, and it's exactly what I was looking for. It does certainly help for my hair to wave and even curl, and leaves my waves much more separated comparing to if I would not be using this product. This conditioner is also amazing on dry hair - I use a little on my ends, and it keeps them much softer.

I did, at first, use curl-enhancing leave-in conditioner for curly to kinky hair, and just recently switched to wavy to curly one. The two products are both amazingly nourishing without making hair greasy (though they can, if too much is applied), and each is formulated to suit its target hair type. In that, curly to kinky conditioner has a thicker consistency to nourish thicker, more coiled hair. Wavy to curly, on the other hand, is lighter, so that it defines more lightly coiled hair without weighting it down. Both products are made with high quality ingredients, and smell so wonderful. I do find wavy to curly product more appropriate for my hair type, and therefore like it more. It smells like apricot heaven! When I use it on my hair and walk into the bedroom, my significant other says that the scent fills the room. I wish the scent would stay once the hair has dried, because it doesn't, but that to no degree takes away from how helpful I find this product.

Package design is well-thought out in that the tube is slim and is made of heavy plastic, so it's easy to squeeze out a pea-size amount of product, when needed; the cap is at the bottom, too, which is very helpful when the product gets low. On that note, this conditioner lasts a very long time! About a year for my curly to kinky one, using it every two days in the summer and three in the winter. I wash my hair every two days now, and we'll need to wait to see how long it lasts. It's also only $12 at my local health food store, so the price is well worth all the natural goodness. I posted a pic of my hair the next morning after washing. It helps for it to shine some too. I would recommend this product to anyone with textured hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I have been using this for a few weeks now and though it didn't quite turn my life around, I couldn't quite put my finger on why I still wanted to keep using it. It did something... but what? It didn't really tame frizz, it was sorta heavy, but my hair still seemed softer and curled better.

It wasn't until I layered my hair recently and was playing around with the product levels that it finally wowed me. I used more than normal - maybe a dime size amount vs pea size - and the difference was amazing. My hair was MUCH less frizzy, smoother, softer and it dried beautifully.

I love the ingredients list on this and feel good about using it daily.

UPDATE 6/21/13: So after using this for the last few weeks, my hair has become drier and crunchier. I believe the panthenol is having the same effect as wheat proteins do on my hair. If you are protein sensitive, you may want to steer clear of this because of the panthenol. Minus a few lippies for that. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by KaelynMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really heavy. I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. I have thin hair and it does make the texture sort of weird. It doesn't help with frizz either. That said, I use it everyday. For some reason, my curls just don't curl right unless I put this in my hair! I don't love the smell, but I don't hate it either. This is inexpensive and I feel like it will last forever. You don't need to use much. This is great stuff on the right hair when used with the right styling products afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by treehugger222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this before, and it was alright, but the one I will review is Beautiful Curls Leave-in for Wavy to Curly Hair.

This is awesome! It smells lovely, and you don't need a lot to get great moisture for your hair. Also, I think it really does boost my curl, and it works very well with other Beautiful Curls products. The money goes to a great cause, too, and these products are all natural :)
I have used this off an on for about a year, and right now, I couldn't be happier with the results. I love how it doesn't weigh my hair down, but if you use too much, it can be a little bit greasy. Other than that, though, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing product!! My hair is thick, 3b curly, and needs a lot of moisture. The problem is, products that deliver the conditioning my hair craves tend to weigh it down and make it sticky. So in the first place, it's great that this product is foolproof: I can scrunch a whole lot of it into my hair without any negative effects. But on top of that, it delivers amazing conditioning! It makes my normally dry, rough canopy feel completely smooth, like a polished nail. I'm CG, and I had no idea my hair could feel this smooth without silicones! The only possible issue is that its mango scent is fairly strong. I find it pleasant: it smells very natural, not at all like a cloying Suave fragrance. But I know that strong smells run a risk of bothering people. Overall, if your hair texture is like mine, this is a great product for you!