Blistex Cold & Allergy Lip Soother

4.5

C20-40 Pareth-3 , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Castor Oil Bis-Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Esters , Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria) , Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide , Flavor , Glycerin , Glyceryl Stearate , Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower) , Honey , Lanolin , Lecithin , Microcrystalline Wax , Myristyl Myristate , Ozokerite , Paraffin , Phenoxyethanol , Polybutene , Purified Water , Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract , Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate , Sodium Hyaluronate , Sodium Saccharin , Tocopheryl Acetate , Tridecyl Neopentanoate , Triethanolamine , Triisononanoin

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best lip protection products you can have! I bought this at Big Lots for $2 & it's now what I use daily. I get sick easily & live in a dry climate so fever blisters & chapped lips are almost always an issue for me. The formula is thick & a little waxy, but not greasy & it smells nice... like a lemon or an orange. I think the creaminess of this is good if your lips are core or cracked for whatever reason because you don't have to reapply it like you do a lot of other lip care products. Being a big fan of Blistex products, especially this one, I'll buy it again.

on 9/10/2013 10:28:00 AM

Yes Yes, a thousand times yes!

I have no idea how surprised I was when I first applied this to my lips!

I have tried tens of brands of lip balm and nothing could satisfy me with the 'greasy' part. I mean, really, it feel irritating, like I have to swallow the lip balm itself.

But this, this is a whole new experience. Non-greasy as I said, and make your lip smooth as silk. I really like the smell of orange, smell like nature. Even the most allergic lips can handle it.

The only reason why i dont give the absolute mark is that it give my lips a color of rather pale which I dont like much, however, it would be the perfect base for the other colored lipstick to perform their own colors.

Really worth a try! And come on, the price is reasonable, too! You won't regret.

on 2/20/2013 3:22:00 PM

I got this at Family Dollar for $1.50! I was in the middle of a cold and I could feel my lips getting super dry! On my lunch I picked it up. And glad I did! I like the orangey smell, It goes on very smooth but it feels thick? it did leave like white waxey unblended stuff on my lip but I just rubbed it in and it was all good. Hydrates very well! I usually use carmex but I went right past my carmex and went to this. Very Good.!

Very soothing with a nice thick coverage. I rather like the scent of this lip balm (a slight orange scent). It does help hydrate, though it is not the most hydrating. It does not irritate my very chapped lips or make anything itch. Sometimes it leaves a slight white film on my lips. I would purchase this one again.

on 7/5/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't have issues with allergies and I don't get colds very often but I bought this and use it all year round. I love that this is more creamy than most lip balms, it seems you get more on your lips with just a few swipes vs regular chapstick that you have to apply layer after layer. It has a nice scent, maybe citrus? And the feeling on the lips is cooling. I bought this for $1.50 and will continue to use and purchase this.

on 6/20/2012 4:48:00 PM

I've had a small dry patch of skin on my lips for a few months now. After trying scrubs, rubs, pastes, ointments and oils I just thought I'd have to deal with it for awhile. I saw this at Walmart for a buck fifty and thought it was definitely worth a shot. With the first application the patch was gone! I AM IN LOVE. This has returned my kissable feel and will save me from nibbling on my lip.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have a low immune system and tend to be sick a lot on and off, which results in a lot of antibiotics and chapped lips. I've tried everything from lip scrubs, treatments, etc and nothing seems to help.

I saw this at Windixie for $1.99 and decided to pick it up as an impluse item. I've used it for a week now and I'm noticing a huge improvement on my lips texure.

The balm is more waxy feeling than normal blistex balms, and has a nice herbal smell. I notice it last a long time on my lips even while eating or drinking.

Overall I'm pretty impress with it for the price!

on 2/22/2012 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Great texture, scent and moisturizes well! I am using this as my daily lip balm now and love the way it makes my lips feel. I also like that it doesn't have sunscreen - I have other balms with sunscreen that I use when I need it.

on 1/4/2012 12:26:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!, this lip balm. Has restored my parched lips I use it anytime my lips need major TLC. Great for sore cracked lips (as it numbs them slightly). After using it only a day, my lips were fully healed. Scent is nice too. Its currently on sale at Target for around $1.28.

on 12/24/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I had sinus surgery last week and my lips were absolutely ripped up from having to breathe through my mouth for the past week (just had my stents taken out yesterday). I bought this at the middle of the week when my other stand-bys had not worked. I had tried everything I have - my CO Bigelow Coconut Butter, my Qtica Intense Lip Treatment (which always works), and nothing was working. I recall seeing an add for this in a magazine recently and it perked my interest that it had honey in it. I usually don't buy the more drug-store brand lip balms because I find them waxy or just altogether ineffective. This one really is in its own league. Blistex states that this includes: "vitamins C & E and soothing ingredients including green tea, honey, chamomile and black elderberry." I'm a big fan of using honey for hydrating purposes, and I've lately tried out some different recipes with green tea for skin uses. Since I don't like the scent of honey, I was a little worried that this would smell way too "honeyish", but was pleasantly surprised that it is more green tea-citrusy, and not too strong (at least that I can tell, post-sinus surgery). What this has given me is restored, renewed, hydrated lips. For $2+, give this a shot if your lips are sore from a cold, cold weather, allergies, or whatever other reason!

Popular Lip Treatments