December 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Be Enchanted Shower Gel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't originally going to buy this for one reason and one reason only - the name reminded me too much of a Disney cartoon. I had imagines of animated dwarves, princesses and bluebirds singing sickly sweet songs and stupidly thought this would have a similar sickly sweet aroma (I clearly have a very vivid imagination!). Anyway, as I was taking advantage of B&BW's buy 3 get 3 offer I decided to pick this up and give it a go.

As you would expect from any of the B&BW shower gels this is nicely moisturising and lathers up well. What I wasn't expecting from this though was the quite 'grown up' fragrance it has. No sickly-sweet Disneyesque scents here, just a nicely floral, quite sharp fragrance instead. According to the bottle be enchanted is a fresh, sparkling blend of iced pomegranate and sugared petals inspired by all that glitters and I think they've hit it pretty much on the mark.

Although I did like this I don't think I would buy this again purely because there's other B&BW fragrances that I still prefer over this one. However, at $11.00 (about 6.00) it would certainly be one I'd consider getting again as part of the buy 3 get 3 deal if I was struggling to find/choose anything else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me start out by saying I bought the mini of this and really, it was just to get the "packaging". I'm tired of paying MAC's prices (now over $10 CDN; used to be about 8.95) for their "empties", which I really do like but I shake my head sometimes that I'm paying out for empty bottles. But I use these for travel and for my gym and yoga bags and fill them with the products of my choosing.

Anyway, I wised up and realized I could get some BBW minis for less than MAC empties. I picked up 3 more yesterday in the least offensive (to me) scents I could find. I do find that a lot of BBW gels and body lotions tend to smell the same - either sweet/candy like, citrusy/lemon, tropical/coconut or wintery spicey but beyond that, there's not much to choose. Be Enchanted is a bit floral/sweet and perfectly pleasant to use. It lathers nicely - as all the BBW shower gels do and rinses away leaving a nice but not overly heavy scent behind. I'd buy this again but I might well buy another scent because, as I say, I primarily buy these things for the containers. It's just "bonus" to get a perfectly nice product inside at a great price!