April 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Concealers - Coastal Scents - Bright Eyed Eye Brightener in Ivory

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

This is OK - purchased on Amazon for $10. I find it to be 60% brightener to 40% concealer if that makes sense. On my under-eye circles it brightens more than it conceals. It takes the tiniest, minuscule amount for each eye. It is nicely moisturizing which is a bonus. My actual rating is 3.5 and as to re-purchase, - its a maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by petmyskurvette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually have this in the color light and usually buy medium-beige in bare minerals/medium in foundations. Light works perfectly for me - I don't even need to put other concealer on top, but that might be because my dark under eye circles just happen to be exactly canceled out by this peachy concealer. It wears well, doesn't sink into fine lines or make fine lines stand out and covers a vein that shows under my eye/general darkness very well. I'm really happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by amynguyen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lightweight and really camouflages my dark circles. I own the touché eclat in radiant and I prefer this, not only because the coastal scents is ten times cheaper, but for me, this gave me a brighter look with better coverage. This is amazing. Especially for the price, I can't justify my gratefulness. Not to mention that customer service is outstanding as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I'm a NC15 in skintone, and I usually use the Mac pro Longwear for my undereye area.

This concealer in Ivory is really, really pinkish on me. It has a darker tone than my ordinary NC15 concealer, and it makes it hard to "bright" the eye area. Instead this covers a little and leaves the area "dark pinkish" looking only....

I guess you'll have to mix it with other products to reach the perfect shade, and I haven't tried to do that yet. I wanted to review it by itself first of all. And I think that mixing can work if you are at home, but I travel a lot in my job, and would prefer a product that is easy and quick enough to apply on the go....

But I'll try to mix it a little and se how it works...

So far: really overhyped product....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

GinaBinaWina99 on youtube DUPED this to the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector (she swatches it there nicely) combined with GossMakeupArtist video on "How to Make your own Concealer/Corrector" inspired me buy this concealer on a whim.On its own, I LOVE how it brightens my NC25 hereditary dark & green veined undereye area. This sits really well under all my foundations without emphasizing fine lines. Down sides-it can be a bit drying, if you don't moisturize or top it with a concealer. If this is such a great product why would I even do that? Because its fairly neutral-salmon-y pink (not peach) so its really obvious on my yellow undertone skin, if I wear it on a bare face. So although, it covers/brightens everythingg, I just couldn't apply this & walk out the door UNTIL I saw Wayne's video. I then used his genius idea to start mixing it with my own concealers, first on my hand before application & now I have invested in small empty sample size jars (from Sally or Harmon beauty supply stores for like $1) to make them like a pro! I have containers of different concealers that I orginally rejected but am addicted to now ----->

-MAC studio Sculpt (too thick/drying)
-NYX concealer in a jar in beige (too yellow)
-Laura Mercier real deal concealer in Medium (slightly dark)
-Hard Candy glamoflauge concealer in Light (too runny)
-CoverFx concealer in Light-Medium (thin consistency)
-MUFE in No.5 (to amplify)
-TheBalm TimeBalm in Medium (darker color & thinner)

All of these are justt perfect for ME now. I don't have an exact mixing ratio, I just use a small amount at a time, with a spatula on a clean sanitized mirror & a lip brush to mix then scoop into the jars. I'm sure I have enough concealer to last me 10 yrs now but I wondered to myself what would I do, if I didn't have other concealers to mix this in with to get the ultimate product? So then I tried mixing this with foundations and even POWDERS! I have succesfully mixed drops of CS Bright Eyed Brightener in with:

-Everyday Minerals Semi-matte in Light
-Bare Essentials Mineral Veil powder
-Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse in Classic Ivory (this is my current FAVORITE for under eye area) this is a reincarnation of the beloved now discontinued Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer in CREAM!!

Clearly, I can't RAVE enough of this UNIVERSAL product. Just in case your wondering I paid $10 for this 0.7 oz miracle squeeze tube, that I imagine I still have atleast HALF of left, after all these mixtures. So ladies, if your having difficulty finding your preferred color, consistency or even price concealer I highly RECOMMEND buying a product like this or even using a nude or peach lipstick to create your own corrector like Wayne demonstrates. Theres lots of cheap (Wet n Wild/NYC/CoverGirl lipstick form concealers that you shred & use even) Hope this helps & others can finally use up all their collected makeup that has been collecting dust like mine had!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

The best undereye concealer I've used so far. Quick disclaimer, it is pink toned... So if you don't have pink tones, maybe opt for a different shade. The shade, for me, is perfect. The consistancy is great. Coverage is good. It's not drying. Affordable. Comes with .676 fl oz, which is massive compared to the .05 you get with most any other (especially drugstore) concealer. Definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This didn't work for me. Great color and coverage but it irritated my eyes. I have had this issue with a lot of concealers lately. It also broke my eye area out. If this doesn't bother your skin this is a very good concealer with brightening qualities. It could have replaced BB corrector if I hadn't had a reaction to it. Good luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by mimisang

Found this corrector accidentally and fall in LOVE with it immediately. The color and texture works great on me and a little goes a long long way. Super value for money for such a big tube and i'm not gonna spend my money on other brands anymore!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by contrariwhys

I really like this! It does a great job of deflecting light off the under eye area creating a radiant, "awake" look. I use just a tiny amount of Bobbi Brown corrector under my eyes before putting this on to really bust those under eye circles.
I had a problem with creasing initially but now that I have a beautyblender, those issues have gone away. I also love that this is in a hygienic squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first time that I have ever purchased a concealer for the purpose of covering under eye circles. So Far it has turned out great, It Is the perfect color for cancelling out the blue tones of the undereye circles and it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines like other concealers do. The only issue i have with it is the color selection. There really aren't that many shades to choose from. But overall, It's a good product and does the job,,,I certainly would buy it again.