December 22, 2014 | 1791 users online

Toners - Etude - Wonder Pore Freshner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by adelinr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product 4 months ago and had repurchase the larger bottle and keep the 250ml one to be carried around since. For me it works amazing and pretty much does what it claims. My skin is quite dry and having occasional dry patches around my nose, and this product do not dry out my skin (as it claims to moisture inside and outside). I also had large pores and it has shrunk, and i feel like this product kinda unclogged my pores. But not so much in evening out skin tone, since i have a discolouration due to dry patches and I only see a slight changes. And the smell for me is very enjoyable (it's worth a lippie!) Even though this product is amazing and I'd repurchase it, I'm actually looking for another great toner so yeah. I highly recommend this product if youre looking for a light freshener with cooling effect!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't like this.

The first time I used it, my skin felt like it was on fire and went bright red and SO painful - maybe it was the denatured alcohol? Needless to say, I was too scared to touch it again until late June and when I tried it again, my skin didn't go crazy (fortunately). And only because I had foolishly bought the 500mL bottle, after reading many bloggers' rave reviews and I didn't want my money to go to waste.

I used this once every day for two months, until the end of August. In that time, it made zero difference to the size of my pores and I don't think it controlled my sebum either (fair enough). The claims are a bit ludicous IMO. However, I'll give it credit as a moisturising toner that didn't dry out my oily combination skin and it also allowed my essence, serum and moisturiser to sink into my skin very nicely. It was great that it was also pH neutral as well and the packaging is absolutely lovely and very aesthetically pleasing. But it caused me to have persistent redness and inflamation on my cheeks and didn't lighten or brighten some PIH. I was also suffering from several large, raised closed comedones on both cheeks that only got worse when I kept using this even when I slathered benzoyl peroxide almost on a nightly basis to control the acne. Eventually, I decided that this toner was causing my skin problems. My skin has been getting better and better ever since I stopped using this - the inflamation and redness has disappeared, I have very minor PIH left and the closed comedones are completely gone on my left cheek and almost gone on my right.

1/5. If it doesn't break you out, it's a decent toner. But for me, this isn't decent.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by JheanCarpio

To be honest, it didn't give any change to the pores of my skin. I used up almost all inside the bottle to give chance to this product but it disappointed me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Getting straight down to the concrete here: it's a toner and it's just that.
Personally, I'm more of a "1 Thing From Each Brand" girl. Most of the time, my toner are from L'OCCitane. Cleansers always change, masks from Freeman's and Lush, mists from Nana's B, treatment from The Body Shop, eye cream from Mamonde, moisturizer from Cetaphil, etc etera.
Etude House has NEVER made it on my favourite skincare items. In fact, this toner is one of the first skincare products I've ever owned.

7-in-1 Claims are RIDICULOUS.
"Pore Freshner" is not a name for it. It should be "Skin Toner" or something like that. It does level the Ph (which is the EXACT same thing as moisturizing the skin inside and outside, AND controlling sebum) as it doesn't leave my skin too dry like some toners yet not oily <--- something a toner should NEVER do.
It does EVEN the skinTONE so I guess that's a plus.
And other than that, the entire "minimizes appearance of pores" and "improves elasisty of pores" and even "deep cleanses popres" are about the same thing. Right?

After using this for about 1 month now, I think it's safe to say this is good for skin toning as any tan lines or two tones across the skin shall be removed, but it won't deep cleanse your pores as well as you think (sure they do minimize the appearance of pores, but you're only going to notice BIG differences once you've finished the entire bottle). L'OCCitane toners that don't even claim to will do better at minimizing the pores.

For the price of $12 US for the 500mL bottle with the fancy pump that is SO versatile and easy to use, it's not a bad deal. Really isn't. In fact the packaging on this is ADORABLE which kind of makes me guilty saying this toner isn't such a good product.

While it has adorable packaging, a good price, evens out skintone, and balances skinTYPE exceptionally well, I bought this specific product for the purpose of helping with PORES which is hardly did.
Claim wise: 3/5.
But for a toner in general, definitely 4/5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by memma13

I have oily skin, so I bought this hoping it would help control sebum like it claims. In the beginning I was very pleased, my face was noticeably less oily. Although, after a while the ''less oily'' effect would wear off quickly until it had no effect at all.
I bought the 250 mL bottle, and I'm halfway done. I will keep using until I empty the bottle but I'm not planning on buying again.
Also, it claims to shrink pores. I have not seen any difference in the sizes of my pores. And I've been using this product morning and night for the past 3 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Etude House is much more than a toner. I use it mostly for makeup removal and the days when I'm too lazy to take off my makeup AND do cleansing. (Sadly, those days happen more often than I'd like to admit.)

In that respect, it's crazy effective. I think its makeup removing/cleansing prowess is similar to Bioderma's Créaline (and at a better price point, at that).

As far as a toner goes, I didn't really like it. Sometimes I found it a bit drying.

On the label, Etude boasts this freshener has 7 benefits. Personally, I only found it to be really good at cleansing my skin. I am one of those people who doesn't really feel clean unless I do a proper cleansing. Wonder Pore isn't proper cleansing at all, but can do well in a pinch when you're too tired you can't be bothered to cleanse properly.

I do like the value of this freshner. I bought this in Korea at a 1+1 event, no less. The biggest bottle (500ml) went for about $11CDN/USD. I walked out with 1L of this for about $11CDN/USD. Insane value.

I also like that this toner has a pump, which makes it really convenient to apply on a pad.

Two lippies off because of what I feel to be Etude's gross exaggerations on their label and that this is like a crutch product for me. Don't think I would purchase again. Just because I want to get more into the habit of actually cleansing my face.

Amazing makeup remover, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner received good reviews everytime i googled this. But for me it's just a toner. This toner claims to tighten pores, reduce sebum etc. It didn't reduce my sebum, blackhead & whitehead, and didn't tighten pores. But if you want an extra clean feeling, this toner is for you. I used this toner right after i washed my face. Poured onto a cotton pad & applied to your face like you're cleaning make up. And you will see how dirty your face even after you washed face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This toner did nothing for my skin, nothing. Good nor bad. Oh, well...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxdelta89

After reading so many good reviews of this product, I was so excited to get my hands on it.
However I find it to be quite harsh on my skin. It reminded me of the clinique toners that smelled like alcohol and dried out my skin.

I finished the bottle to monitor the effects on my skin. I did not see any great improvement.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fela130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this toner last year and soon started to use religiously in my skincare routine around this year. (due to my oily prob). It does not do any other job after a few months. IT DOES NOT WORK! UNLESSSSSS you want a toner with strong scent. the smell is quite unpleasent for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No