August 30, 2014 | 1663 users online

Toners - Etude - Wonder Pore Freshner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by JheanCarpio

To be honest, it didn't give any change to the pores of my skin. I used up almost all inside the bottle to give chance to this product but it disappointed me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Getting straight down to the concrete here: it's a toner and it's just that.
Personally, I'm more of a "1 Thing From Each Brand" girl. Most of the time, my toner are from L'OCCitane. Cleansers always change, masks from Freeman's and Lush, mists from Nana's B, treatment from The Body Shop, eye cream from Mamonde, moisturizer from Cetaphil, etc etera.
Etude House has NEVER made it on my favourite skincare items. In fact, this toner is one of the first skincare products I've ever owned.

7-in-1 Claims are RIDICULOUS.
"Pore Freshner" is not a name for it. It should be "Skin Toner" or something like that. It does level the Ph (which is the EXACT same thing as moisturizing the skin inside and outside, AND controlling sebum) as it doesn't leave my skin too dry like some toners yet not oily <--- something a toner should NEVER do.
It does EVEN the skinTONE so I guess that's a plus.
And other than that, the entire "minimizes appearance of pores" and "improves elasisty of pores" and even "deep cleanses popres" are about the same thing. Right?

After using this for about 1 month now, I think it's safe to say this is good for skin toning as any tan lines or two tones across the skin shall be removed, but it won't deep cleanse your pores as well as you think (sure they do minimize the appearance of pores, but you're only going to notice BIG differences once you've finished the entire bottle). L'OCCitane toners that don't even claim to will do better at minimizing the pores.

For the price of $12 US for the 500mL bottle with the fancy pump that is SO versatile and easy to use, it's not a bad deal. Really isn't. In fact the packaging on this is ADORABLE which kind of makes me guilty saying this toner isn't such a good product.

While it has adorable packaging, a good price, evens out skintone, and balances skinTYPE exceptionally well, I bought this specific product for the purpose of helping with PORES which is hardly did.
Claim wise: 3/5.
But for a toner in general, definitely 4/5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by memma13

I have oily skin, so I bought this hoping it would help control sebum like it claims. In the beginning I was very pleased, my face was noticeably less oily. Although, after a while the ''less oily'' effect would wear off quickly until it had no effect at all.
I bought the 250 mL bottle, and I'm halfway done. I will keep using until I empty the bottle but I'm not planning on buying again.
Also, it claims to shrink pores. I have not seen any difference in the sizes of my pores. And I've been using this product morning and night for the past 3 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Etude House is much more than a toner. I use it mostly for makeup removal and the days when I'm too lazy to take off my makeup AND do cleansing. (Sadly, those days happen more often than I'd like to admit.)

In that respect, it's crazy effective. I think its makeup removing/cleansing prowess is similar to Bioderma's Créaline (and at a better price point, at that).

As far as a toner goes, I didn't really like it. Sometimes I found it a bit drying.

On the label, Etude boasts this freshener has 7 benefits. Personally, I only found it to be really good at cleansing my skin. I am one of those people who doesn't really feel clean unless I do a proper cleansing. Wonder Pore isn't proper cleansing at all, but can do well in a pinch when you're too tired you can't be bothered to cleanse properly.

I do like the value of this freshner. I bought this in Korea at a 1+1 event, no less. The biggest bottle (500ml) went for about $11CDN/USD. I walked out with 1L of this for about $11CDN/USD. Insane value.

I also like that this toner has a pump, which makes it really convenient to apply on a pad.

Two lippies off because of what I feel to be Etude's gross exaggerations on their label and that this is like a crutch product for me. Don't think I would purchase again. Just because I want to get more into the habit of actually cleansing my face.

Amazing makeup remover, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner received good reviews everytime i googled this. But for me it's just a toner. This toner claims to tighten pores, reduce sebum etc. It didn't reduce my sebum, blackhead & whitehead, and didn't tighten pores. But if you want an extra clean feeling, this toner is for you. I used this toner right after i washed my face. Poured onto a cotton pad & applied to your face like you're cleaning make up. And you will see how dirty your face even after you washed face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This toner did nothing for my skin, nothing. Good nor bad. Oh, well...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxdelta89

After reading so many good reviews of this product, I was so excited to get my hands on it.
However I find it to be quite harsh on my skin. It reminded me of the clinique toners that smelled like alcohol and dried out my skin.

I finished the bottle to monitor the effects on my skin. I did not see any great improvement.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fela130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this toner last year and soon started to use religiously in my skincare routine around this year. (due to my oily prob). It does not do any other job after a few months. IT DOES NOT WORK! UNLESSSSSS you want a toner with strong scent. the smell is quite unpleasent for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by vegamaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

no different than any other toner, it refreshes , makes my skin less oily , cleans leftover cleanser product and reset my skins ph balance . but it doesn't clean my pores or minimize their apperance at all. plus it contains alcohol :( haven't noticed any longterm benefits either , it's an ok toner (with awesome packaging^^) didn't really work for me though

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a while now and I have to say I quite like it. it definitely get rid of most dirts, and your skin feel fresh and toned after using it. I also noticed a slight improvement of my t-zone, it's less oily and my pores are less noticeable. however I don't know if this improvement is due to the freshner only or the result of my new skincare routine. we'll see. so far so good. That said the product contains alcohol denat and definitely have a little alcohol smell.