Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner

3.4

Water, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26 Betaine, Sea WAter, PEG-60 Hydrogenated CAstor Oil, Dosium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Cycmbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Water, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Nelumba Nucifera Flower Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Chamaecyparais Obtusa Water, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Dissodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nah. Doesn't do much, too harsh on my skin, doesn't deliver on product claims. Smells strongly of alcohol. Basically just a minimally effective, middle-of-the-road product. Totally lured me with the adorable packaging, but I think there are much better Korean toners out there.

on 3/7/2015 1:09:00 PM

Wow, this stuff is unbelievable. So, I got the 500ml and it came with a full size box of Korean style cotton pads which are very soft and don't leave any residue on the skin. Those are great. The 500ml is absolutely huge, and it has this really nice pump top so you can just press down with a cotton pad on the top and it will saturate it without making a mess. No turning the bottle over. The bottle I received was the 10 in 1, not the 7 in 1, which was a relief for me because the new formulation is definitely superior.

This stuff is magical. I cleanse my skin first, then I get one of the cotton pads nice and damp and just swipe it over any area on my skin that usually has visible pores or breakouts. After swiping, if you look down at the cotton pad, you can see little black flecks and dirt that just got dissolved out of your pores! I've never seen a toner this effective at cleaning pores. My pores are no longer visible, while they were visible and full of black dirt before. I no longer have to use those stupid pore strips because of this!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this since I'm fall in love with it. This toner is quite a freshner, not so strong effect. I always use this after cleanse my face at night and it does freshen my face. I use it along with Wonder Pore Clay Mask, and I do feel mu pores are getting smaller.

on 1/10/2015 3:26:00 PM

This product didn't really do anything for me. It didn't break me out or dry out my skin too much, but it also didn't shrink my pores like it claims, or do anything else. Not worth it, in my opinion.
This also smells very strongly of alcohol.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using the Wonder Pore freshner as a toner for about a year and a half and I will say this is a holy grail product! I'm on my third bottle (first bought the 250 then upgraded to 500 ml after that) I dont care what anyone says! I never believed in toners until I started using this product. The first toner I used was Neutrogena (me and Neutrogena dont like each other) and it was simply to harsh on my skin and I dont even have sensitive skin. But not with this toner! I doesnt even feel like Im putting anything on my skin it feels like water and doesnt smell like alcohol! I have oily skin, and extra oily skin in my t-zone and this really reduces the amount of sebum produced. It also made my pores look really nice as well, I'm not sure about shrinking but it def made my pores look nicer. I also broke out significantly less and this product works againsts pimples fast! It really deep cleans and gets rid of the dirt my cleanser doesnt get rid of. Its an OK price 15-24 dollars depending on what amount you get but you get alot of product: 15 for 250 ml and 24 for 500 ml. I would suggest getting it off cosmeticjolse because the prices are really similar to the prices in actual S Korea. Overall great product and great for oily skinned people as well! Oh gives just enough moisture as well~

on 10/13/2014 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this product 4 months ago and had repurchase the larger bottle and keep the 250ml one to be carried around since. For me it works amazing and pretty much does what it claims. My skin is quite dry and having occasional dry patches around my nose, and this product do not dry out my skin (as it claims to moisture inside and outside). I also had large pores and it has shrunk, and i feel like this product kinda unclogged my pores. But not so much in evening out skin tone, since i have a discolouration due to dry patches and I only see a slight changes. And the smell for me is very enjoyable (it's worth a lippie!) Even though this product is amazing and I'd repurchase it, I'm actually looking for another great toner so yeah. I highly recommend this product if youre looking for a light freshener with cooling effect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't like this.

The first time I used it, my skin felt like it was on fire and went bright red and SO painful - maybe it was the denatured alcohol? Needless to say, I was too scared to touch it again until late June and when I tried it again, my skin didn't go crazy (fortunately). And only because I had foolishly bought the 500mL bottle, after reading many bloggers' rave reviews and I didn't want my money to go to waste.

I used this once every day for two months, until the end of August. In that time, it made zero difference to the size of my pores and I don't think it controlled my sebum either (fair enough). The claims are a bit ludicous IMO. However, I'll give it credit as a moisturising toner that didn't dry out my oily combination skin and it also allowed my essence, serum and moisturiser to sink into my skin very nicely. It was great that it was also pH neutral as well and the packaging is absolutely lovely and very aesthetically pleasing. But it caused me to have persistent redness and inflamation on my cheeks and didn't lighten or brighten some PIH. I was also suffering from several large, raised closed comedones on both cheeks that only got worse when I kept using this even when I slathered benzoyl peroxide almost on a nightly basis to control the acne. Eventually, I decided that this toner was causing my skin problems. My skin has been getting better and better ever since I stopped using this - the inflamation and redness has disappeared, I have very minor PIH left and the closed comedones are completely gone on my left cheek and almost gone on my right.

1/5. If it doesn't break you out, it's a decent toner. But for me, this isn't decent.

on 8/5/2014 2:21:00 PM

To be honest, it didn't give any change to the pores of my skin. I used up almost all inside the bottle to give chance to this product but it disappointed me.

on 7/31/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Getting straight down to the concrete here: it's a toner and it's just that.
Personally, I'm more of a "1 Thing From Each Brand" girl. Most of the time, my toner are from L'OCCitane. Cleansers always change, masks from Freeman's and Lush, mists from Nana's B, treatment from The Body Shop, eye cream from Mamonde, moisturizer from Cetaphil, etc etera.
Etude House has NEVER made it on my favourite skincare items. In fact, this toner is one of the first skincare products I've ever owned.

7-in-1 Claims are RIDICULOUS.
"Pore Freshner" is not a name for it. It should be "Skin Toner" or something like that. It does level the Ph (which is the EXACT same thing as moisturizing the skin inside and outside, AND controlling sebum) as it doesn't leave my skin too dry like some toners yet not oily <--- something a toner should NEVER do.
It does EVEN the skinTONE so I guess that's a plus.
And other than that, the entire "minimizes appearance of pores" and "improves elasisty of pores" and even "deep cleanses popres" are about the same thing. Right?

After using this for about 1 month now, I think it's safe to say this is good for skin toning as any tan lines or two tones across the skin shall be removed, but it won't deep cleanse your pores as well as you think (sure they do minimize the appearance of pores, but you're only going to notice BIG differences once you've finished the entire bottle). L'OCCitane toners that don't even claim to will do better at minimizing the pores.

For the price of $12 US for the 500mL bottle with the fancy pump that is SO versatile and easy to use, it's not a bad deal. Really isn't. In fact the packaging on this is ADORABLE which kind of makes me guilty saying this toner isn't such a good product.

While it has adorable packaging, a good price, evens out skintone, and balances skinTYPE exceptionally well, I bought this specific product for the purpose of helping with PORES which is hardly did.
Claim wise: 3/5.
But for a toner in general, definitely 4/5.

on 7/26/2014 9:17:00 AM

I have oily skin, so I bought this hoping it would help control sebum like it claims. In the beginning I was very pleased, my face was noticeably less oily. Although, after a while the ''less oily'' effect would wear off quickly until it had no effect at all.
I bought the 250 mL bottle, and I'm halfway done. I will keep using until I empty the bottle but I'm not planning on buying again.
Also, it claims to shrink pores. I have not seen any difference in the sizes of my pores. And I've been using this product morning and night for the past 3 months.

Top Rated Etude House Products