Avene Triacneal

3.8

WATER (AQUA). CETYL ALCOHOL. CYCLOMETHICONE. POLYSORBATE 60. GLYCOLIC ACID. AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). SD ALCOHOL 39-C (ALCOHOL DENAT). POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. CETEARYL ALCOHOL. ARGININE HCL. BHT. CETEARETH-33. DIMETHICONOL. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). POTASSIUM SORBATE. RED 33 (CI 17200). RETINAL. UNDECYL RHAMNOSIDE.

on 6/21/2015 7:03:00 PM

I've been using this product for a month. Before that I was using effaklar k by la Roche possay. Although effaklar k has a better more fluid texture, triacneal really does the job better. I don't have major imperfections but really enlarge pores some tiny blackheads and oily skin. My skin is super soft now and my pores are little bit tighter. I used this only at night, and in the morning I used bioderma for enlarge pores. Triacneal can be drying and I've been experimenting some peeling in the skin but it's normal. I would definitely buy it again

on 5/28/2015 3:50:00 AM

I have been using this product for years (back when it was called diacneal) (thank u skincare board for the rec) once i realised that the retinaldehyde is one of the most potent u can get over the counter. Again with all the chemical based exfoliants i have tried i had to ease into using this, and now i use it every second to third night. It has reduced the amount of breakouts i have and has declogged my combo skin. I use extra when i feel a cystic breakouts on the rise, and it does significantly reduce the appearance of them. I also feel that u have to judge if your skin needs extra moisture or not once u apply this and wait a few minutes- i usually top this with cerave pm or the first aid beauty overnight radiance mask. I also feel that over time, it has had an anitaging effect on my skins appearance due to the retinaldehyde. I will continue to use and repurchase this. Fyi- i have seen in recent weeks this product has been named Triacneal expert- i will review this when i can to see if there has been any formula change.

on 5/19/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was keen on trying this product because of all the ingredients... My skin does not have severe imperfections per se. It is quite clogged though, due to trying quite a few products that were unsuitable....

Anyway, my skin is combination and it doesn't like harsh stuff. I wouldn't classify my skin as sensitive, but it can be sensitive to harsh products.

I don't know how well this works because I wasn't able to use it. I tried for a few days and my skin got increasingly dry and irritated. I stopped, took a break and then used it once. My skin felt so dry, tight and unpleasant... I put some moisturiser on top but the feeling continued. I had to wash it off.

I understand that this product is not aimed at my skin type (combination with minor imperfections). It states in the product that it is aimed at skin with severe imperfections... So maybe if you have a lot of imperfections this would work well against them, but because I don't have such imperfections it started 'attacking' my normal skin... That's how it felt. It's just a hypothesis, the truth is I will never know because I am not touching this product again.

Even though this is not aimed at my skin type I thought the retinol and glycolic acid would be good ingredients to have in a treatment for my skin type... However, it must be the combination of both and perhaps the rest of the formula that makes it so harsh for it's unintended purpose.

I am not sure how many lippies to give, but I will assume that this will work better for its intended skin types and only take one off due to the irritation that I felt.

Sorry if my review is not the most helpful, however, it might be helpful for people with the same skin type as mine and I believe it's good to share our experience with the products :)

on 4/22/2015 8:47:00 AM

I'm inlove with this! It's a life saver :D
It's doing great job with my acne + it's really economic.
It does make my skin pretty dry, though.

on 4/2/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

It has flattened down two cystic pimples that were coming out on my jawline in just 4 hours. This little tube is a hero. And it lasts forever, too! Well worth the price, and everyone needs it in their drawers.

on 11/13/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a very sensitive skin with acnes. I have had some big red spots on my face that didn't go away for months. But after applying this for about two or three times directly on to the spots, my skin started to peel and the red spots were disappearing. I've tried different kinds of scrubs, Tea Tree cream, Isopropyl Alcohol, etc. but none of them made a single difference. One thing I'm kind of iffy about this product is that in the product description, it says skin may burn and irritate when first time in use but for me, even after almost three times of using it, my skin still burns. I guess I'll stop applying it all over my face but just on the acnes. Recommended!

on 10/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

This product is absolutely great! I use it for the second time, since I've tried (so many times), to get hold of Retin-a 0,05%, but it seams like, in my region (Balkan), they don't import, or produce it, anymore. Anyway, only thing that contains something similar to retin-a, is this! Its been a week since i started using it again, and some new spots do appear, but i think that is the part of cleansing process. Scars fade away quickly, that's is true. I am only interested if it's realistic to expect that skin will clear up for good. I mean, you don't wanna use products this harsh forever...or i will just have to use is always, from time to time, with some pauses. That remains general wondering :) For now, I am satisfied. Also, if you can combine usage of this products with some kind of vitamin supplements (zinc, vitamin e, vitamin B, etc.), it would be good for your skin. I am currently using Natural Wealth vitamins for skin, hair and nails.

on 10/14/2014 4:37:00 PM

I use this just on my pimples and cysts. It does the job quite good and I always have it with me.

on 9/23/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I start using this cream after done with my first accutane course, thankfully I got rid of my cystic acne but the scars left behind are quite deep! I've been using the Triacneal cream for a month now and I can see a small improvement.

My dermatologist prescribed me the Triacneal cream alongside with a Copper Tripeptide-1 cream to minimize the scars before I get fraxel laser.

The price in my country is around 14€ (around 18$) which is affordable since only a small amount is needed per usage and a package goes a long way. The texture of the cream is quite thick but it gets easily applied and leaves a silky feeling, it also has a yellow color but it doesn't stain!

I personally believe that this cream would work very well for smaller acne scars, since it helped me with my atropic scars.

on 9/15/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hye! Last two week i had done with laser treatment which is fractional type. My skin looks improve however there there is breakout, i think bcoz of lotion that i put for the treatment n also i eat spicy foods a lot a that time. So i continue to do laser again for my second time yesterday. After that my dermatologist prescribe me avene triacneal for my new pustule. Hoping to see improvement after this. I will tell u soon :) pray for me

Popular Treatments (Face)