July 31, 2014 | 1902 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lovelyleena21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is great! i have oily skin that gets blemishes sometimes always around the same area (cheeks) and they are always big and a bit painful and leave awful marks on my skin. They dont happen often enough for me to be using a treatment constantly but i had recently started a new job and broke out with about 3 blemishes. I picked up this product because i already use the Clearance Toner along with some Clarins products that i absolutely love, and literally within hours of using it the first time my blemishes noticeably went down in size over night. You can literally feel it working the second you put it on. It works much better than some of these other cheaper treatments and if you are like me and strive for perfect skin rather than using every product under the sun to cover it up, this product is for you. i love it and definitely would recommend it to others, and purchase again and again for emergencies and just to keep my skin looking perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by vnwm

This product is crazily expensive!! Been using it for more than a month, I do see improvements in my acne scars:) it's fading!! So yay. But I don't think it works on my acne though :( I still get break outs. Will continue to use it though and see if my acne improves :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by liquidblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone skin and I've struggled with a couple of really unsightly zits on my cheeks recently. As I have sensitive skin, I try to keep away from harsh treatments, so Triacneal was something I was very careful with at the beginning. I'm still not sure how I feel about it though.

PROS:
- It's excellent for removing post-acne scars. The really big ones will take longer but it's worth a wait.
- It's quite gentle. This was a surprise - it did sting a little when put over some spots but never dried out my sensitive skin or left me with dry patches.
- It does help with the acne. But again, it takes a while.
- It smooths out the skin.
- A little goes a long way. I've had my tube for about three months and there's still half of it (I used it daily).

CONS:
- It's not a miracle worker. Your acne will not be gone in one night, not even in two nights :)
- It has the most disgusting consistency - it's very hard to spread and it always ends up everywhere but not on the spot i need it to be.
- It's ORANGE. It transfers to pillowcases & clothes.
- It has a fragrance. The smell is not strong but I still prefer my skincare products completely fragrance-free.

I'm not really sure about repurchasing this, it's not crazy expensive but I think i will also give Cleanance K a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was just okay. I didn't get great results from it but it did calm down my troubled areas, but then again so many other products can do that for a much lower price. Has a high chance of purging. I've since replaced this with Acne.org's AHA.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by nicholaslee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I still can't figure it how to use it, after cleansing my face i will apply toner, must Triacneal applied it before or after night moisturiser ?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS. I've been hemming and hawing about trying Avene's retinaldehyde products for years and I'm so happy I finally took the plunge with this product. Yes, it's a little tricky to use, but once you figure it out (by following the directions, natch) it works like gangbusters on both acne and wrinkles; and if you're at that *special* age like I am where you have to deal with both... well, I can't think of a better product. I did experience a little purging a little peeling, as to be expected with a product like this, but nothing major and even from the start the benefits way outweighed the disadvantages. Really the only "problem" I've had with this is that it's not designed for dry skin like mine, so a layer of night cream over it is still essential. So, as per the directions, I wash my face, apply the Triacneal to damp skin, let it sink in for 30 minutes, and then follow with a layer of night cream. Between this (which I've been using since January) and Chasteberry supplement (which I started taking at the end of February) my skin is the best it's been in years. I'm so, so happy with this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Lerka

This is the first Avene product I ever bought. I know it might be a bit to early to write a review as I've only used it twice but so far I'm quite pleased with the product. I can already tell that my pores shrunk a bit. the makeup looks a lot better. My skin is a bit smoother. It didn't do anything for the scars yet as it supposed to take 6-8 weeks to see results.
I'm not sure why previous reviewer said it's reddish in color when it's actually yellowish.
But anyway, I like the texture that's light and not sticky. And I like the smell as well, it smells like Vitamin C to me :)

I didn't notice any irritation or dryness... I have sensitive skin but I think it is used to 8% Glycolic Acid from using Neostrata products so I think that's probably why I didn't react to it as some other people.

The reason I gave 4/5 is because I can't fully evaluate the results. So 4/5 for now :)
But I will definitely keep using it every night and will report back with updates :)

*******************************************UPDATE******************************************************
April 7, 2014
I've been using it for a week now, and I got whiteheads and 6 red pimples on my cheeks that I felt were sitting under the skin for a couple of weeks and now they've emerged which I'm assuming is a sign that the Triacneal is working (?). Will keep updating.

April 22, 2014
I've been using Triacneal for 3 weeks now and I really like it. I had few spots on the forehead that are almost gone now and I haven't had any new breakouts either.

Those red pimples on my cheeks are slowly going away as well. And it's that time of the month (argh) so I broke out a little but nothing major. I also started using Differin and alternating it with Triacneal which I think made my skin a little dry. But overall, I feel like I'm getting there ... :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product, as I'm a big fan of retinol-based products for oily/combination skin. Sadly, this came up very short.

The texture is a very dense, reddish cream that is incredibly difficult to apply to and spread on the skin. It doesn't feel hydrating at all. The reddish color does not come from the retinol but from the Red #33 contained in the product. It may even leave your face with an orangey tint....

As for the retinol or retinal in this case, it is the very last ingredient on the list. Therefore, there is hardly any contained in the product and certainly not enough to be effective. I was very disappointed with using this on the whole face.

However, I did discover that this makes an EXCELLENT post acne spot remover. This is due to the relatively high concentration of glycolic acid. Apply it directly to the spot twice a day, rubbing it in gently. And the spot is GONE in just a few days. This is why I gave the product 3 lippies instead of 1.

I wouldn't purchase this again - but I will use it as an expensive spot treatment until the tube is empty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by nehelenia

I really like this product. I've been dealing with acne since I was 15 and I still get a few pimples sometimes. I treated it with pills, Diane 35, it's the only thing that worked for me but it seems that my polycystic ovary is causing the acne.
Therefore, I don't think there is such thing as a miracle treatment as long as the acne is caused by something internal like polycystic ovary sindrome.
Triacneal works great for me because it does not dry off my skin at all, it is actually more hydrated than ever, it is very smooth and it looks healthy and it also "kills" the pimples, but you have to be patient because it does not happen in one day.
I think you cannot ask for more from it. I also like the smell.
As for the acne, I really think that we should start treating the cause first otherwise we'll never get rid of it just by using a gel or an emulsion.
And I don't find it to be too expensive either, in Romania it is about 20$ and it lasts 5-6-7 months. I would do anything for a nice skin so 20$ doesn't seem much to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by rEMemberMepls

My hopes were high when my dermatologist prescribed me this product. I gave this a chance a lot of times but my skin wont break into it. It was irritating my skin and even the scent makes me feel that it is a harsh product. It made me break out a lot on my chin and forehead ( I never have cystic acne on my forehead :( ) especially on the first initial two weeks. I thought i should give it some time because every acne treatment has its ways but come to think of it why should it even make you break out on an area where there is no problem to begin with. My acne scars didn't even lessen in appearance and it even gave me some milia on my cheeks which are very stubborn. This product makes a pimple and then doesnt push it out. Sorry if this review is turning really sour but it is a waste of money and a very riskey product. I only gave this 5 lippies for its packaging which is very convenient and hygienic and not like other tubes that once you open it, it squeezes out an enormous amount of product. But for its price point its very expensive. I love other avene products their purifying toner is a HG for me and so is their range of moisturizers but this triacneal doesnt cut it for me. I will not be purchasing this any time soon oh wait I meant never.