July 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Treatments (Face) - AcneFree - All Day Acne Control Foam

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how easy this is to apply. My issue is that when I put on moisturizer or foundation after, even if I wait 20 minutes, it flakes and balls up. It wears fine by itself, and even leaves a matte finish, but sadly can't be used with makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this again? Yes, yes, and YES!! I am beside myself over this Bp foam.

This is hands down thee best Bp I've ever used In my entire life, and trust me, I've used them all. Here's a partial list of the ones I can recall off the top of my head: clearasil, topix benzaderm, acne.org, Persa gel, proactive, benzac, rx ones and numerous generic versions of Bp.

This one is amazing. It's more effective in preventing and eliminating acne than all of them but it goes one step further -- it actually also moisturizes my skin. Prior to using this, I was using another 5% Bp ( lower % doesn't work for me) and I was also using moisturizer on top ( LRP Toleriane Fluide) and while it worked on my acne, except for TOTM acne which I sometimes still got, my skin was sooo flaky and dry even with the moisturizer. Also, the Bp seemed to just sit on my skin in this disgusting thick layer. With this, I can apply tons of it and it feels like nothing is on my skin. It really penetrates. My skin also feels as smooth as a baby's butt. It got rid of all of my dry flaking skin literally overnight. I'm simply amazed. I don't even use moisturizer anymore because I don't need it. I think it's because of the botanical ingredients which I researched and they're really good for your skin. They hydrate and help soothe it. Theyre antioxidants that also kill not only p.acnes, but staph, yeast and other bacterias. I had a pimple that had erupted and it hurt. I usually don't get them anymore, so I was pretty upset. I used this and the acnefree 5% gel on top of it before I went to bed. As soon as I applied it, the pain went away. It really soothed it. When I woke up, it was completely GONE! I seriously couldn't believe it. I never expected that. Even 10% usually takes a few days on spots like that.

I can apply tons of this and it doesn't dry me out. Ymmv, but I am impressed. This foam vehicle takes a bit of getting used to but it's easy to adapt from gel to this. Only squirt a little in your palm or on your finger and spread it on one area of your face at a time. The one thing is, since I use a lot, some white stuff pills but I find if I keep running my hand over my face as if I was rubbing the product in, even after its dry, that they completely go away.

I hope they never stop making this. I'm going to stock up like crazy.

Interesting twist: I had run out of my LRP and was looking into other moisturizers because it's so expensive and my skin was still dry anyway. I had a few in mind but was scared because just about every moisturizer breaks me out. I prayed I'd find something for my skin because I couldn't handle the dryness and couldn't handle it if I broke out again. I lost my debit card during all of this pondering over which moisturizer to buy, and was unable to access my money to buy moisturizer, and I was feeling upset. My skin looked so dry and bad and I just got the pimple I wrote about above. I happened to have a Walgreens gift card, so I went there hoping I'd magically know which moisturizer to buy. I bought this on a whim until I could get my debit card to order solvere or something like that online. I only had exactly enough money to buy this. Literally. I only had four cents leftover. The clerk said I was lucky. She had no idea... And neither did I.

Now I don't even need a moisturizer. Magic. Gift of god....something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Firefly65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After years of trying to find the best solution for clear skin, I have finally found it. Using AcneFree's 3-Step Acne Foam System (Oil-Free Acne Pore Cleanser Foam, Oil-Free All-Day Acne Control Foam, and Oil-Free 3-In-1 Acne Night Repair Foam) has completely cleared my skin except for an occasional rogue spot that quickly subsides before it turns into anything ugly.

If they ever quit making this stuff, I don't know what I'm going to do. I have used nearly every product out there and had fistfuls of prescriptions from my dermatologist without any relief. This stuff makes my skin feel so soft and clean without over-drying or leaving any oily residue. My skin simply feels clean and soft. And I love the feeling of waking up in the morning without having "skin anxiety". No more worrying about an overnight party on your face.

The foam goes a long way and you don't need very much each time you use it, so it is a good deal at about $6 a can. I wish they had this stuff back when I was a teenager. My sixteen-year-old uses AcneFree products and is having the same amazing results.

If you're thinking about buying Pro-Active, try AcneFree's products first. I'm in love with their foam line of products, but they have a variety of products to suit just about anyone's needs. I think I like the foam because I have problems with products that contain lotions giving me oily skin. I have combo skin and am always walking a fine line between having products either drying out my skin or making it really oily. The foam neither drys me out or gives me that oily look.

As with any facial routine, I recommend a good moisturizer with SPF like Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion, SPF 30, though. Nobody wants sun damage!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by tsc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Seems to work pretty well, and it keeps my skin fairly matte, as long as I don't sweat. I use it with the 3-in-one Night Foam as well, and together they got rid of my near-constant breakouts. I get zits every now and then, but they go away pretty quickly. Doesn't seem to do much for blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is my miracle worker! I broke out badly over the holidays - I break out under lots of stress - and needed something sort of quick. I asked friends & many of them mentioned proactive and other acne products. I didn't want to invest in something that I needed to buy a "kit" and only use 1 or 2 products in that kit, so I researched their suggestions and noticed 1 key ingredient: BENZOYL PEROXIDE! Now I know salicylic acid is also a key "acne-fighting" ingredient, but I had plenty of skin care items that included that already, and since they weren't working, I knew this BenPer was the thing. Again, I researched some more for preferably drugstore products that contained this ingredient and found this full range of products from AcneFree and that is when I found this.
It's tough to get a small amount out of this because it's in an aerosol can. I press down for less than a second and I still get a huge ball of foam, when the directions recommend a golf ball size. Whatever extra I get, I use going down further than my chin & down my neck. The texture of this foam is strange. When I try to get a little bit, it sort of bubbles down and is hard to get a grip on it. Dries in maybe 30 seconds and I can feel the effect right away. It tightens my skin that it almost feels uncomfortable, but that feeling kind of goes away.
After 3 days of use with this product, I noticed a big difference. My cheeks - practically the only normal, non-oily part of my face - started to get flaky, while my oily forehead, nose, and chin aren't as oily. My acne was gone within a week. It works almost TOO well, that I've learned to use is sporadically rather than every day. It says the container contains up to 60 uses, and because I don't use this every day, this is going to last me a long time. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Mica

I am always looking for a good benzoyl peroxide product, and I have tried Persa-gel, Proactiv, original AcneFree repair lotion, and tons of others. I picked this one up from Ulta about a week ago, and feel like it's time for a review.

The product is a foam that you squirt out of a can and spread all over your face. It says it's a day product, but I use it overnight.

First of all, the can says to squirt a golf ball size ball of foam into your hand. When I did that, it took me forever to get all of the product to sink in. Now I just use maybe half that amount.

With that said, the product has kept my skin really clear. I generally have 1-2 zits at any given time. Now I only have one scab from a zit that I picked at, and the rest of my face is clear. It's nice because this product doesn't feel heavy - it's very light, but still non-drying, at least for me.

The only downside is, last night I was putting on this foam and dropped a dollop on my favorite blue t-shirt. I rinsed it out immediately but now there's a big pink bleach spot right on the chest. So I guess I'll be doing this step after I change out of whatever I'm wearing that day.

Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Update 2/20/12
Unfortunately, I think this broke me out after I used it for a couple more weeks. I looked at the ingredients list when I was trying to figure out what the problem was, and I saw several pore-cloggers, which is weird for an anti-acne product. I have moved on to the acne.org BP treatment and am a lot happier with it.