December 21, 2014 | 956 users online

Lipstick - Chantecaille - Anais

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

As I write this, this is my HG nude. And this from someone who likes MLBB shades, but is not so fond of "nudes" that tend to erase the lip. Translucent. Lush feeling. So balm-like. Perfect pencil-eraser toned mauvey pink. Looks great. Feels better. Great case. NW 20/25 for reference. No scent or taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the moisturizing texture and vanilla scent of the lip chics, but the original colors were too bright and too cool. Unfortunately, I delayed buying it after one blogger said this had almost no color. But when I tried it on, it was the your lips but better color I've been waiting for: A kind of warm, rosy nude. This is definitely the lippie I reach for first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Glitterflitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sexy nude peach with a touch of pink/tawny. Very sheer and moisturizing. MLBB color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most hydrating and moisturizing lipstick I've ever tried,I'm deeply in love with it,in terms of the formula,I'd say is a blend of a lipstick and lipgloss, nice color payoff, not super rich but extremely shiny!!!!!the perfect nude for medium to tan skin!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

(I also reviewed this in the general "Lip Chic" category.)

I got this in the color Anais, which is a creamy peachy-rose color (more peach than rose.) My lips are quite pink pigmented, so the shade doesn't look over-the-top, but it definitely "wakes up" the face. (I am about NC20 in MAC, with dark hair and eyes.)

The Lip Chics never interested me, but I had my makeup done at the Chantecaille counter, and the MA recommended this for something that was glossy, but wouldn't fade away after 10 minutes. I have to say, I am in love with this product now!

It goes on smoothly, and is less sticky than a gloss - kind of a hybrid between a balm and a lipstick - but has a really nice shine to it. It's longer-lasting and more shiny than the Clinique ButterShines or the Bobbi Brown Creamy lipsticks, and also far more moisturizing. (The Clinique and BB seem to dry out my lips sometimes.) This looked perfect for a 2-hour photo shoot without touch-ups (I was getting some pregnancy photos taken.) I've tried it with and without a lipliner, and in either case, it didn't bleed outside of the lipline for me.

There is a pleasant, light vanilla scent. The packaging is sleek -- small cylinder of gunmetal silver, and the tip is big enough that it fits the lips, but not so big that it applies lipstick outside of the lipline.

I am definitely planning on checking out other colors. It retails for $32USD, and I would say is far better than the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines (lasts longer and more moisturizing.) Overall, two thumbs up. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Anais was my first lip chic and I'm very happy with it. Anais is a wonderful warm toned pink brown with a slight touch of peach. Lip Chics are very glossy and moisturizing. The concept of lip chics remind me of Revlon lip butters. However, I find that lip chics are more moisturizing and they have better staying power. The color itself is sheer but enough cover to show over my pigmented lips. They don't bleed and they feel comfortable on the lips. I have small lips and I love the shape of the lip chics. They are slim enough to apply effortlessly, unlike the Revlon lip butters. The price is eeeeck! Lip chics retail for $32 and I honestly find them to be on the expensive side for what the product is. Chantecaille has the most elegant packaging and your ego is lifted a bit I suppose when you use such a highend product.