November 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

Reviewing Lightest Golden Brown. I've had highlights put on my hair for the last few years and it's become very dry and damaged. I had been growing it out but got fed up with the light ends and darker roots. I bought this to try and blend it together. Some reading said I had to add golden tones to avoid turning the highlights green. This colour has worked quite well. I'm quite surprised. It's a little too red for me but I can live with that. Will use again.

Edit: after a few days my hair has taken on a reddish tinge. I may put another colour over the top, a darker shade and hopefully the red will cancel out the green.

Edit 2: This came out of my hair really quickly, I wonder if its because my hair is curly and bleached? Anyway I decided to put another colour on top, 91 Dark Blonde. My hair now has a rather fetching green/grey tinge to it. And now I am looking for something to remove it. Lesson learned, I will leave colouring to the professionals.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by maca7

First of all I have to say I was surprised of how non-damaging the die was. After applying it to my hair it feels soft and healthy with no visible damage, so in that regard I would give the die perfect rating. Other benefits of this hair die is that it does not contain amonia so the smell is not unpleasant at all.

The reason I bought this die is that a few months ago i decided to get some lighlights done in my hair and it looked lovely, however now you can see my roots coming out and i wanted to cover them up (or at least make them blend in with my natural hair colour a little more). I have light brown hair (almost dark blond int he summer). I picked the dark blonde (91) colour as i thought the picture ont he box looked very similar to my natural hair colour. Well the result looks nothing like the colour on the box!! My hair is darker than ever with a visible red undertone. I have to say that the colour is still very nice and even and the die did an excellent job covering my hihglights but be ware that the colour is a lot darker than the colour on the box! I left it for exactly 15 minutes as it says on the box too so it is not a matter of leaving the colour to long.

So to sum up this is a really good, hair frinedly hair die but make sure you go with a shade lighter than what you want your hair to look like! Other than that the results are nice and even colour and healthy undamaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I love this because the dark blonde shade is the exact colour match of my natural hair colour

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Me: home colourist with over 20 years of colouring my dark brown hair which has been greying since my mid 20s, currently approx. 20% grey. Current regime: Recital Superior Preference (any dark brown shade eg. Paris, Brasilia) once every 6/8 weeks followed by semi-permanent touch-ups in-between. After following the instructions and leaving the Dark Brown Nice n' Easy (24 washes) semi-permanent colour on for 15 minutes, my hair was a gorgeous, glossy rich darkest brown. The conditioner is top notch and smells lovely. I was really impressed. However, I need to wash my hair most days and after washing the day after colouring, the colour was not quite as rich and a few greys I couldn't see the day before were already showing. So, all in all comparable with Casting in terms of colour, shine, condition and how long it'll last but a lot cheaper (I found it for 2.99 in Savers - UK). But because I'm so pleased with the condition and the fact it only takes 15 minutes, is applied to dry hair (so no need to wet hair first) and is the least messy dye I have ever used, I have already decided to switch over to this for my semi-permanent touch-ups. UPDATE: as predicted, it lasted about 7 or 8 washes before all my greys were showing. Still using it as happy overall. UPDATE: the more I use this hair colour in between my permanent touch-ups, the more I love it - I strayed with Clairol Root Touch-up which was a disaster, and Nice n' Easy (8 washes) which after a whole-head application just washes down the drain within a couple of days (tip: apply just to regrowth every 2 days leaving on for the full recommended time of 25-30 mins - a PITA but if you've just used a colour remover it's vital to use this type of non-peroxide colour for a couple of weeks before colouring again with anything else). Just one box of the Nice n' Easy (24 washes) gives me two generous root touch-ups and gives my hair the most gorgeous dark brown shade with lots of shine. Leaving it on 20 mins instead of 15 makes it stay on a day or two longer too. It's just a shame it fades so quickly on me. A non-sulphate shampoo makes a little difference too. I will keep using it in tandem with the Recital but I'm on the lookout for an impressive colour-depositing shampoo or conditioner to use between colourings. Grey hair is a b***** pain in the ****!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this hair dye. I have been dying my hair for the last year to cover grey that is coming through. As I have to do so frequently (3 weeks before growth shows) I want a colour that is gentle. My biggest dilemma has been hunting for dark brown dye that is multi tonal natural looking and does not just end up looking black! It seems nearly all dark browns do with other brands. I have tried them all. always put off by the rather boring box clairol package their colours in i have learned a lesson don't judge a box by its cover. Well this is the one I was looking for. Perfect coverage beautiful natural shiny multi tonal colour and not black! The shade I chose was 78 medium golden brown. It took the stated time 15 mins to achieve perfect coverage and I'm so delighted with this colour. I will definitely be sticking to this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this. I have very porous hair so even permanent dyes fade within a short period of time, so I prefer sticking to non-permanent ones as I find they last just as long as permanents on me! I use this in the shade 'Dark Brown' which leaves my hair a lovely rich, deep brown colour. Most dark browns leave my hair jet black but this doesn't...just a very dark brown. This shade is meant to be a neutral one so I don't really get much redness or brassiness under light. I also like how the colour applies evenly and doesn't leave any patchiness. The conditioner smells really good and leaves my hair very shiny and soft after using. The dye doesn't smell overpowering at all and the developing time is only 15 minutes. Very easy to wash off the dye too, it rinses out quickly. Another plus point is that it's relatively cheap too! However, I need 2 packs to do my hair as my hair is long.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by LauraJM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hi, THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE TEMPORARY 8 WASHES (formally called 'Loving Care' by Clairol)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love nice n easy. In the past i have used the semi-permanent and the permanent by this brand. Nowadays i value my hair condition as top priority after the traumatic accident where i damaged my hair quite some time ago now and had to have what was left of it cut off. It left me devastated i wouldnt go out. It made me train to become a hairdresser and i am now almost fully qualified so something good came out of it.

Ok ..
I love the shine that this brand gives and product consistency and multi-tones more than ANY other brand. This i believe from memory is the first time that i have used the "8 washes" temporary colour but the colours are the same. Firstly -I have medium auburn brown hair from applying a very mild bleach for a few minutes on my naturally dark Chestnut brown hair that i was born with. This gives my hair that slightly sunkissed look. I brought the Clairol temporary colour in NATURAL MEDIUM BROWN -no:765. What i wanted to do was just simply give my hair a little colour gloss but not really change my color that much. Unfortunatly it went to almost black so i would recommend just like all the other types of Clairol hair colour permanent and non permenant - JUST GET A SHADE LIGHTER THAN WHAT YOU WANT AND LEAVE IT ON LONGER THAN IT STATES (an hour perhaps) AND THE RESULT WILL BE CORRECT AND RICH/LONGLASTING. I have a nice glossy shine to my hair after using this temporary colour but it is too dark for my present taste and that changes like the wind ..lol I am just glad that it is only for up to 8 washes :) Not too much of a disaster there so im happy, feels lovely and silky tho :) X much love & always be carefull with your hair go for temporary before taking the plunge to permanent and if still unsure GO TO A PRO better to be safe than sorry X

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by strugglingauthor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this product to cover up the grey in my very dark brown hair. I used the shade 'Dark Brown'. It's very easy to use - not messy, not too stinky. Slight tingling on my scalp which made me paranoid that I was going to be one of those people who have a terrible allergic reaction because, of course, I didn't do the skin test. (Well done to those who do.) Anyway, nothing worse than that happened.

As I'd hoped, the dye didn't actually change the colour of my non-grey hair, and the grey coverage was... OK. You can still see that I have grey hair, but it's not as bright white - some has disappeared, and the rest is definitely blended down to an unobtrusive silvery brown. Hair feels a little courser than before, nothing too dramatic, and the colour is nice and shiny. I needed scissors to open the sachet of conditioner, so keep some near the shower. (I have a duff hand, so others might have found it easier.)

Overall it's fine but not amazing. I think I will go back to the salon to have it done next time I need to, but it's OK for when I'm feeling broke or don't have time to go to the hairdresser.

EDIT: It faded pretty fast. I used Casting Creme Gloss next time, and got better results. I would not now buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had my naturally dark blond hair professionally colored to a near black. Within a couple of weeks my color had faded significantly, I picked up a box of the Nice "n Easy Non Permanent Colour in Black and was really pleased with the results. The color covered well and is very natural looking. My hair felt healthy and glossy afterwards. However, this doesn't shampoo out in 28 shampoos. Other than my roots, my hair is as dark as the day I colored it. That's okay by me, but if you're looking for a true non-permanent hair color look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jachang

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Nice 'n Easy Permanent coloring in light neutral brown with excellent results. I have an important function to attend tomorrow evening, and I was in between colorings. I wanted to just brighten up my hair, so I thought I'd try this NON-permanent version in light brown. OMG! Never again! I don't know what I'm going to do for tomorrow's function. My hair looks HORRIBLE! The regular permanent Nice 'n Easy comes out light brown, as it's supposed to. This awful stuff made my hair brassy light red. I thought without peroxide it couldn't lighten your hair, but this one did! It looks like the hair you used to see on dolls when you were a kid. Strawlike, very fake looking red. Since it's supposed to last through 28 shampoos, I'm tempted to wash my hair 28 times before tomorrow! How can one company's products be so different from each other? I have never used a worse hair coloring. I sure hope it doesn't last for 28 shampoos.