November 24, 2014 | 1214 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection Lipstick - Kiss

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a warm peachy pink with a pearl finish. Initiially this has a lovely vanilla scent but the lipstick tastes like a baby wipe! Wierd. This color is not long lasting, and does not look good on dry lips as the pearl finish accentuates the dryness. It is not pigmented at and it is not long lasting. Since buying this lipstick months ago I have fallen in love with red and plum lipstick, so this has become my cream blush. It works much better for blush, in my opinion ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dfguida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always loved Frances Denney's "Coral Blossom" lipstick, which is a pinkish coral color with a heavy frost. It's the only color I ever really liked on myself. Ever since this color was discontinued, I've been looking for a compatible replacement for a long time and this lipstick is about as close to identical that I have found. It has the heavy, metallic frosty look that I love and it wears well. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:
"Enriched with Silk Moisturizing Complex, our formula helps sustain levels of moisture and helps create soft, smoother, beautiful lips in just 7 days.* "

Claims: True or False?
1) Softer, smoother lips in 7 days: True.

Packaging:
This lipstick comes in a very classic-looking tube, very simplistic in design. The lid and neck of the lipstick are both a dark, reflective, greyed-out purple. The downside is that this will pick up fingerprint marks very quickly. The container also has a clear bottom, which is extended about a centimetre up the height of the tube. This allows you to more easily see the colour of the product for buyers who are unable to look at testers (which are used in all Canadian drug stores and department stores). Another potential downside is the lack of ingredients on the label. The lid snaps on and off very easily and seems like it would be fairly secure for travel as well. It turns and dispenses the lipstick smoothly.

Consistency:
I own two other lipsticks in this line at the moment, and out of these this is my least favourite for its formula. It's still a creamy shade, but it has a lot of frostiness. Because these lipsticks are also more of a matte cream than a glossy cream, this frostiness can accentuate flaws, but can also look a bit heavy against my skin tone; light frosty shades generally don't look as nice on me as non-frosty light shades, so this is not really an issue with the product but simply an aspect that does not completely suit my own colouring. I find that it also goes on a little drier than the other two, likely because of the frostier finish, but it does not dry my lips out. It feels like the texture gets a bit gritty if too much is applied as well. After a few hours (wearing just 1-2 swipes), I find that it will wear off more than the non-frosted shades; I can eat with the other two shades I own with minimal (if any) colour transferring, but this one definitely does transfer a bit and any crumbs will combine with the lipstick to leave an awkward feeling on the lips. The colour is a very pretty bright orangey peachy coral shade, with lighting affecting what tones stand out. The biggest difference between this and the others I own is that this one swatches far more similar to the shade and finish seen in the tube, although definitely frostier. My swatch above is a few swipes over freshly balmed lips.

Scent:
This line seems to contain a lot of lipsticks with a strong fragrance. It initially smelled quite strong, almost like fake vanilla, and has a weird cheap-lipstick smell and taste as well. Over time though the smell has either faded or I've simply gotten used to it. The scent has not yet bothered me with its application.

Wear time:
Because of the drier/frostier finish, I find that the feel of the lipstick wears away faster than the others, but I still get a number of hours of wear in terms of the colour. As it's a lighter shade, its staining is not as obvious, but it will still help to keep the colour and finish alive on your lips.

Bang for your Buck:
I got this lipstick for about $6.00CAD on sale, normal retail price averaging $8.00CAD for 3.5grams or 0.12oz. This is slightly less than some brands, but the price is fairly good for the amount given, since so little needs to be used to get a smooth and opaque finish.

Final Consensus:
The new Lip Perfection lipsticks are definitely worth checking out, but so far this is my least favourite of the bunch. I love the colour and it still has good quality, but there are some things about the lipstick that can make it a bit trickier to work with. Nonetheless, I still recommend this lipstick and the line overall, and would repurchase.
- Pros: nice packaging, affordable, opaque in one swipe, creamy upon application, blends nicely, doesn't dry out the lips, colour lasts for a long time, staining is very minimal, colour swatched is very similar to the colour in the tube.
- Cons: Can be trickier to apply to avoid any texture issues, slight cheap smell/taste, too much frostiness if too much is applied (this is a personal preference criteria, and thus did not apply to my rating of the overall product), creaminess doesn't last as long on the lips, can accentuate any dryness or product build-up, does not feel as smooth on the lips for as long as the non-frosty lipsticks in the line.

Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 4/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.