Physicians Formula Virtual Foundation- Multi-Reflective Luminous makeup

3.0

on 2/21/2009 3:44:00 AM

Please note the review below seems to be for a different product!

This is for the liquid Virtual Foundation in Virtual Beige. I uncovered this today in my makeup bin of shame after reading it was meant to be a dupe for MAC's much loved and discontinued Hyper Real foundation.

Admittedly my bottle has been languishing in that bottom drawer for close to 4 years, and I think I may have picked up a bad bottle to begin with, but even after the most diligent moisturising & priming this dries instanteously on my skin in thick streaks! ARGH! It also accentuates pores! When you try to blend the dry, thick streaks it "balls" off the face. Brush application does not help. Never mind that it's not a colour match to begin with (I am NC20-25, this will suit an NC30). I've seen this product floating around really cheap on ebay and I'm curious to give it another shot, maybe in Virtual Ivory. In the bottle you can see luminous pink/purple shimmers that are not evident at all once applied.

In the meantime, I'm going to try pouring some aqueous cream and Skinlights lotion into my bottle to try to make it apply more smoothly.

I bought this in virtual beige. I have fair skin with pinkish undertones. I'm a quarter israeli, and 3/4 japanese...with combo skin..really dry in some areas, oily in others. I bought this, because I thought it would look okay on my skin, since my sister has previously got it, and it looked good on her (she has a lot of blemishes, and it covered well she's tan) The covering was okay, but the pigments in it are reddish pink, which made me look really whacked out...like I was wearing a mask. Not only that, but the feel of the foundation felt very 'sticky' and 'humid' like. It may be good for those of you on the mainland, becuase hawaii is pretty warm. It also didn't cover well

on 3/12/2003 12:00:00 PM

I loved this foundation but alas--all the stores in my area stopped carrying it. The color worked perfectly and I received many complements on my "skin" when I wore it. It did slightly emphasize my pores but still would have been a definate keeper had it been easier to find.