October 25, 2014 | 1721 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Eve Pearl - Priming Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

So disappointed. I'm not what you would call oily yet oil started seeping around my nose after about 4 hours. And the amount you get is tiny for the price (15ml)...I'm going back to Dermalogica!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used both priming moisturizers with and without Astaxanthin and although both work very well, I prefer the one with Astaxanthin because it feels a bit more nourishing on my skin. It does exactly as it claims and acts beautifully as both a moisturizer and primer in one. It leaves me skin feeling well moisturized, soft, and supple and isn't greasy feeling at all and has never irritated my skin, so I think it would work well for sensitive skin. It sinks into my skin rather quickly and leaves me with a smooth canvas to apply foundation over. It also keeps my foundation and blush in tact for a good 10 hours, pretty much from the time I put it on to the time I remove it. I do find it to be a bit pricey if you purchase at full retail price, but Eve often has amazing sales so I tend to stock up during the sales. You do get a good amount of product in the tube as well and it does last a while. This primer does have a light fragrance to it, but I don't find it bothersome and the scent disappears within a few seconds of working it into your skin. It is a very dependable product and has been one of my staples for at least 3 years now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried several primers, both high end and drug store quality and this one has done the best by me. My face looks flawless when I wear this under my foundation. Also, my makeup lasts really well with no shine or fading. I have the primer with the astaxathin added. I believe it is available with or without. The feel of this one on the skin is more light gel-like than sticky or heavy feeling. Because I have mature skin which tends to be dry I was afraid this primer would give me a death mask matte look. It does not. I would not say "dewey" but then my foundations are not necessarily "dewey" ones. I like this especially under my MAC Studio spf15 foundation. I do not detect any scent. Maybe the primer with the astaxathin is fragrance free. It does not say so on the label however. Glycerin is the second ingredient listed. Water is the first! Very light feeling. I only use a tiny bit to cover my whole face. It is very expensive and I had to order it from New York. No samples were available so I was taking a real chance on this one. This tube will probably last me a long time as I do not wear foundation every day. I would definitely rebuy this as I like the way my face looks with it on. I often don't bother with foundation as I hate the way it can settle or fade or both as the day wears on. I will just use a tinted sunscreen (I use one by Bobbi Brown). This product has opened the door for me to use my foundation more often and with more confidence.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I'm one of those people who cannot use regular moisturizer on my face except maybe on my cheeks, but that's it. I feel like I'm smothering with most moisturizers, so I use serums, eye creams, and primers.

This is kind of a creamy gel. It goes on nicely and moisturizes and primes. Any makeup goes on better with it.

There's only one down-side to it. It has fragrance in it, and I HATE to put anything on my face with fragrance. It's light (kind of like old fashioned cold cream), and it dissipates, but still... Other than that, it's perfect, so I won't take off a lippie, just wish she'd take out the fragrance.

Edit-122911: I'm taking off a lippie. The fragrance has gagged me the last couple of times I've used this, but then...I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to fragrances. Will purchase again if she takes the doggone fragrance out.

Edit-011212: I'm taking off another lippie. The smell is bothering me more and more, so I've decided to use it as hand cream (works amazingly well for that purpose), and it's WAY too expensive for hand cream. Why would anyone put fragrance in something made for the face...yuk!

HTH's