August 29, 2014 | 1810 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - IT Base

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I just had some sample of this IT makeup and I wasn't impressed. I have slight hyperpigmentation and it doesn't cover anything. To me, this is a sheer coverage makeup. Too many layers will cause the ugly crusty look. I personally wouldn't wear this IT makeup alone. I don't even see any color when I put it on. I think it might work well for very young women with very healthy and beautiful skin. But if you have any pores, flaky skin, dryness, or blemishes, this make up may not look that great. I found another use for this makeup. I use it as a primer before I apply my usual mineral makeup. It does make a very nice canvas for my actual mineral makeup. Would I buy it again? Maybe not. I think it makes a great primer. It does help to keep the makeup from running and fading.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using EDM for about 10 years now. Every few years they seem to change up their product line and change color names or discontinue them or whatever and I get annoyed and try something else, but I always, ALWAYS come back to EDM. Mineral foundations are the only kind that don't break me out, and EDM is the only brand that I can find a perfect color match in *and* doesn't make me look like I've caked a bunch of crap on my face. Also, I know this doesn't offer the best sun protection in the world, but since I have trouble finding a sunscreen that doesn't give me contact dermatitis it's good that this at least offers *some* sun protection (and for the record, I've never burned wearing this - not even faintly pinked cheeks). Anyway, I apply a layer of Nuance by Salma Hayek foundation primer, a layer of IT Base, and a layer of EDM Sunlight Color Corrector as a finishing powder. Makes my skin look flawless and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a stitch of makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a few months thinking it was okay. After looking at an old matte base in my drawer, and then reading some reviews on MU, I realized that the IT base has some kind of pigment problem. My matte base lid has been colored by the makeup after daily use. The IT base looks clean. No pigment sticks. That is also what is happening on your face. I will upload a photo of what I'm talking about to my profile. I don't think this is a bad product, but I will not order the IT base again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is based on samples I purchased of the IT base.

The golden medium was a perfect match for me, but that's the only thing I liked about this foundation. It settled horribly into my smile lines no matter what I tried. As the day went on, the coverage became really patchy. I do not think this is suitable for oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Does not cover my acne marks, scars and blemishes!! Far too dry, enhances dry flakes!!

This does nothing being a foundation, if you really have to cover!! Can't.understand that the company have discontinued the intensive base, I have e-mailed them and asked if they could listen to their costumers and bring it back, cause I remember that it was much better and right now I need a alternative for my matte formula that can be too matte on some areas...

But as said: this IT base is useless to me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love that this gives a very, very natural look, just evens out your skin tone and complexion to give a "your skin but better" finish. Unfortunately it isn't very full coverage, so I really only wear it on days I'm wanting light coverage or won't be wearing makeup for long. I do sometimes layer it under MAC Studio Fix Powder for a fuller finish.

It is a shame they let go of their Intensive base, as that was my go to before they replaced it with this. This has its benefits as a natural finish product, but the Intensive had a lot better coverage, and they just do not compare. As a result, I only use this occasionally, whereas the Intensive base I used quite often.

The colour options for this range are limited too, I use Fairly Light in the summer, and Sunkissed Fair in the winter, and the latter is not available in the IT base, so winter I have to switch back to a different formula for winter.

Everyday Minerals has also stopped shipping to Australia from their site, and only offers their products to Australians through reseller sites, which of course means a mark up in price to what we formerly paid, plus we cannot take advantage of the sales, promos, customisable kits and the like that are offered on the EM site (and the layout of the other sites are awful, making it hard to view and search products and shades, as well as certain products being unavailable).

It's a shame as I really do like this new formula for a light, natural, glowing (but not shimmery) look, but it's just becoming harder to buy, and not as versatile as they used to be, so I tend to reach for other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! This stuff is amazing!!! I wanted a sheer mineral makeup...My skin sometimes looks 'old' and mineral makeup can look yucky on me because of my very very pale complexion.
This goes on like a dream and looks very natural. I hear what some of the other posters are saying about the coverage being really sheer. I think it's true, but you can layer it for more coverage--but it will always be sheerer than their other mmu's.
I think the price is really great for this much product. The only negative is the container doesn't give you as much product as one would like no matter how much you smack it around.lol It's nice that the sifter and hole-covering thingy work to keep the product safe and sound, but maybe they could redesign it so more would come out. I've shaken the hell out of it and it only gives up so much product at a time...I'm half tempted to take the sifter part right off--but I would probably wind up using more powder than necessary and that would be bad.
Overall, great great product--Highly recommend!!!
Sterling Minerals can bite my butt now! Take your messed up shopping cart and wonky account problems and p*ss off!lol Definitely sticking with EveryDay Minerals from now on!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No olive shades!!!!! Why the limited color selection? I do not know...

This is not heavy coverage like the Intensive was either. The formula sounds good (like the old Intensive from years ago, before Laurel Lysine was added - which was the BEST foundation EVER), but it does not deliver. The Matte formula is the better option, although that too has suffered with the addition of Laurel Lysine as far as how well it wears & lasts.

Did I mention there are NO olive shades? EM's shade selection has increasingly become TYPICAL - aka, limited colors catering to pink & peach white women. Those of us who are fair & olive or golden or dark, or just not PINK, are ignored, as usual. Considering there are olive toned people in almost ALL ethnicities (ie. Southern Europeans, Asians, lighter Black women, mixed Hispanics, etc), this is incredibly stupid. I can't see how they wouldn't sell...?

I'm using Makeup Forever now with a dusting of Olive Fair in Matte over it, but I mourn the Intensive formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by VintagePro

If your skin is perfect and all you want a foundation to do is make the rest of your makeup last longer, this is a great choice for you; however, if you have even the slightest imperfection to hide, look elsewhere. I sampled this in Fairly Light Neutral, and the shade was a good match for my skin, but after about 4 hours my face just looked... dirty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never used the Intensive formula, so I cannot compare the new IT foundation to the old Intensive. I have always used Matte or Semi-Matte, and they worked great on me until my last order (a little less than a year ago, since one foundation pot lasts almost a year each for me). I wear Fairly Light Neutral, which is the only makeup that has ever matched my skin tone perfectly, and it had always blended perfectly with my skin and looked natural. But for the last few months, my face has looked oily by 10:00 am and when I blot to fix this a lot of the makeup just comes off. In the past, I could shower in this stuff and as I long as I didn't RUB my face, I'd still have foundation on so it just coming off because I lightly touched a tissue to it is a problem.

I compared my old foundation and my new one, and the difference is Lauroyl Lysine has been added to the newer Semi-Matte and Matte foundations. I decided to sample IT because it didn't contain this ingredient. For me, IT foundation is what Matte Foundation was before LL. It's consistency feels similar to the old Matte and it's buildable. Also, it takes 10-12 hours before the make up looks like it's breaking down (or like I really need to blot).

As for the buildable coverage, I've had the opposite problem a lot of people here have had. For me it was hard to tap excess powder off of my brush and for a few days it was almost too heavy after the first pass.

I will definitely purchase this (I have samples now), but I don't need new EM foundation for months.